How to Delete a Credit Card in Door Dash
The DoorDash app is very sleek, but some of its features might seem hidden away. One of the prominent questions regarding the app is our title question.
Adding and deleting a credit card on the DoorDash Android or iOS apps isn’t difficult, but the option is tucked away. The same goes for the DoorDash website. All the needed instructions on the topic await you in the following sections. Plus, we have tips on how to cancel Dash Pass and delete the DoorDash account.
Deleting a Credit Card in the DoorDash App
Deleting a DoorDash credit card on the mobile app isn’t as straightforward as one would think. If you only have one payment method connected to your account, you won’t be able to delete your current one. The reason for this is that you cannot delete your default card.
When you are ready, follow the steps below:
- Start the DoorDash app on your tablet or phone.
- Select the Account page from the Home screen.
- Then choose Payment Methods.
- Next, swipe left on your CC and press Delete.
If your card won’t swipe to the left it’s because there’s no default payment method. Unfortunately, you’ll have to add payment method.
- If you want to add a different card, press Add a Card in the top-right corner of your screen.
- Provide the new CC info and tap on the card so that there’s a checkmark next to it.
You can also have multiple credit cards saved on this page. Simply tapping on one of them will select that card as your default choice.
Deleting a Credit Card in DoorDash on their Website
If you want to delete a DoorDash credit card from the website, note that the steps are much different. Follow the instructions:
- Open the DoorDash webpage for consumers in any browser.
- Click on the three horizontal lines in the upper right-hand corner.
- Click on ‘Payment.’
- Click on the three dots next to the payment method you’d like to delete.
- Click ‘Delete’ and confirm.
Note: You cannot delete your default payment method. You will need to use the three dot menu to choose another payment method as the default, then delete the one you’d like to remove.
However, if you’re sure you won’t use DoorDash again, you can go a step further and delete your DD account.
How to Delete Your DD Account
You can’t delete your DoorDash account just like that. You need to submit a request, and DoorDash will deactivate your account. The best way to do that is by contacting official DoorDash support via email:
- Send an email addressed to [email protected].
- In the Subject field, type “Deactivate my account” or similar.
- Enter your account information – your user name.
- Optionally you can add a reason for deactivating your account. Send the email and wait for a response.
DoorDash support typically replies within several days. Most likely, they will approve your request and deactivate your account.
Cancel DoorDash Premium Plan
Maybe deactivating your DoorDash account feels too drastic. If you only want to cancel your DashPass plan, you can do that instead. Here is how:
- Sign in to your DoorDash account on the site or the mobile app.
- Click on the DashPass menu.
- Then, click the Hamburger menu.
- Next, choose Manage DashPass.
- Finally, select End Subscription.
You’ll see information about your DashPass in the mentioned menu, so you can decide when to cancel the subscription.
Frequently Asked Questions
As stated above, Door Dash doesn’t make it exceptionally easy to remove payment methods. We’ve done the research and have the answers to more of your questions here.
Can I delete all of my payment methods?
Unfortunately, no. This is especially inconvenient if you let a friend use your payment method to place an order on their account. To delete a payment method, another option must be available first.
Your only option is to delete your account entirely. Of course, if you have an issue with an unauthorized payment, contact Door Dash support here.
What payment methods does Door Dash take?
If you need to update your payment method you’ll be happy to know that you can use a number of financial resources. You can add your PayPal account, your Google Pay account, your Apple account, a gift card, and of course the major credit cards.
Credit Card Removed
Hopefully, this article helped you remove a credit card from your DoorDash account. Besides removing your credit card info from DoorDash, we covered some related issues.
Did you decide to stop using DoorDash, or you just wanted to add a new payment option? What about deactivating your account? Is it a step too far, or you went through with it? Let us know in the comments section below, and feel free to share your opinion on the matter.