How To Delete a Network From MetaMask
The cryptocurrency wallet MetaMask allows you to add any Ethereum-compatible custom network. But what happens when you no longer need some of the networks you’ve added?
The good news is that you can remove them in seconds. Read on to learn how to delete networks from MetaMask and get answers to some common questions regarding the topic.
How to Delete a Network From MetaMask on a PC
You can use MetaMask in your browser with the help of an extension. To remove a network on this interface, do the following:
- Install the MetaMask browser extension from the Chrome Web Store.
- Click the MetaMask icon in your extensions toolbar and unlock your account.
- Press the network selection bar at the top of the window to open your network list.
- Hover over the network you want to delete. An “X” icon will appear next to the network’s name.
- Click “X” and confirm your choice in the popup.
Another way to remove the networks you no longer need is through your settings.
- Open MetaMask by clicking the icon in your extension toolbar.
- Press your account icon in the top right corner.
- Choose “Settings,” then “Networks.”
- Click the network you want to remove.
- Press the “Delete” button at the bottom and again in the popup.
The network will disappear from your list immediately.
How to Delete a Network From MetaMask on an iPhone
You can also remove networks from MetaMask using an iPhone.
- Open the MetaMask iOS app and log in.
- Tap the hamburger menu in the top left corner and find your settings.
- Select “Networks” to see the list of your added networks.
- Press and hold the network you want to delete.
- Tap “Remove” in the popup.
How to Delete a Network From MetaMask on an Android
Delete a network from MetaMask on your Android device this way:
- Launch the MetaMask Android app and log in.
- Press the hamburger icon in the top left corner of the home screen.
- Tap “Settings” and then “Networks.”
- Long-press the network you want to delete.
- Confirm your choice, and the network will be removed from your list.
How to Delete a Network From MetaMask on an iPad
You can also use the MetaMask iOS app on your iPad. Here’s how to remove a network on this platform:
- Open the MetaMask iOS app on your iPad and log in.
- Tap the hamburger menu in the upper left corner of your screen.
- Go to “Settings,” then “Networks.”
- Long-press the network you want to remove.
- Select “Remove” in the popup, and you’re good to go.
How to Add Network to MetaMask
You might want to add a new network to your MetaMask after getting rid of those you don’t use. You can add networks directly through Chainlist or by doing so manually.
Add Network via Chainlist
To add a network through Chainlist on a PC, you’ll first need to connect your wallet on the website.
- Make sure you’ve unlocked your MetaMask browser extension.
- Go to the Chainlist website and click “Connect Wallet” in the top right corner.
- Confirm your decision in the popup.
Once connected, you can browse networks on Chainlist and add them to your MetaMask by clicking the “Add Chain” button.
To do this on mobile, use MetaMask’s built-in browser feature.
- Launch the MetaMask app and open the hamburger menu.
- Tap “Browser” and go to the Chainlist website.
- Connect your wallet by pressing the button.
- Add the network you want by tapping “Add chain.”
Add Network Manually
You can also add networks manually on PC and mobile in the following way:
- Open MetaMask and go into your settings.
- Select your Network settings.
- Click or tap “Add Network.”
- Fill in the details of the network and save the changes.
Can I delete any MetaMask network?
You can remove any of your custom MetaMask networks regardless of how you added the network. However, you can’t delete the default Ethereum Mainnet or the test networks. To remove the test networks, hide them by disabling them in your Advanced Settings.
I don’t have the delete option. What do I do?
If you tried to remove a MetaMask network by using a method outlined above and ran into an obstacle, ensure that the network isn’t currently selected. Select any other available network, and the delete option will become available. In addition, remember that the default and the test networks can’t be deleted.
Manage Your Networks Efficiently
MetaMask makes it easy to remove unused networks so they don’t clutter your list. Adding networks is just as simple, especially using the Chainlist method. Manage your networks by following these instructions and stay on top of your game.
Which method of removing networks from MetaMask do you prefer? Did the steps in this article make the process easier? Let us know in the comments section below.