Do AirPods Work With Android Devices?
If you’re an Android user considering buying a pair of Apple AirPods, you may be wondering if they’ll work with your device. In this article, we’ll answer that question and tell you everything you need to know about how AirPods work.
We’ll also discuss some pros and cons of using AirPods with Android, so you can decide whether they’re right for you. Keep reading to learn more!
Well Do They? Of Course They Do! They’re Just Bluetooth
Unlike other wireless earbuds, which can be bulky and difficult to keep track of, AirPods are small and can easily be carried in a pocket or purse. Second, they offer superior sound quality. AirPods use Apple’s proprietary W1 chip to deliver clear, rich audio rivaled by few other earbuds on the market.
But can you use AirPods with Android devices?
Contrary to popular belief, AirPods don’t utilize specific technology to enable their wireless capabilities. Instead, they rely on the Bluetooth technology found in most mobile devices today. This means you can connect your AirPods to any Bluetooth-compatible Android device.
On the downside, you won’t be able to take advantage of all the features that AirPods offer when you sync them with an Android device. For example, you won’t be able to access Siri or use automatic ear detection. But if you’re just looking for a way to listen to music or make hands-free phone calls wirelessly, AirPods will work just fine with your Android device.
Here’s how to use AirPods with an Android phone:
- Make sure that your AirPods and Android phone are in close range.
- Open the AirPods case and tap and hold down the button on the back until the status light flashes white. Doing so will initiate the pairing process.
- Open the Settings menu on your Android phone, scroll down and select “Bluetooth.” Make sure Bluetooth is turned on.
- Tap the “Scan” button on your phone’s Bluetooth settings.
- After a few moments, your AirPods should show up in the list of devices that can be connected to your Android phone. Tap on the entry for your AirPods to pair them with your Android phone.
Once your AirPods have been paired with your Android phone, they’ll automatically connect each time you activate Bluetooth on your phone and they’re within range.
What About Android TV Compatibility?
First and foremost, Android TVs offer a much more customizable user experience. Unlike traditional TVs, which are limited to pre-installed apps and services, Android TV users can install any app they want from the Google Play Store. This gives them access to a vast array of streaming services, games, and other types of content.
Android TVs also have built-in voice search functionality, making it easy to find what you’re looking for without ever having to leave your seat.
On the downside, Android TVs rarely come with a pair of headphones, so it can be difficult to enjoy your music or movies without disturbing the people around you. But if you have AirPods, you’re good to go.
While AirPods are primarily designed for use with Apple products, they can also be used with other types of devices, including Android TV. To use AirPods with Android TV, you’ll need to connect them to the TV’s Bluetooth system. Once connected, you’ll be able to use them as your TV’s audio output.
Here’s how to connect your AirPods to your Android TV:
- Put your AirPods in their charging case.
- Press and hold the setup button on the back of the case for three seconds to initiate the pairing mode. In pairing mode, the LED indicator light on the front of the case will flash white.
- Open the Bluetooth settings on your TV, go to “Remote & accessory, and select “Add accessory.”
- Once your AirPods appear on the list of available devices, select them, and they should connect automatically.
With your AirPods connected to your Android TV, you can listen to your favorite music or watch movies without disturbing your neighbors. In addition, the AirPods connect wirelessly to your TV, so there’s no need to worry about pesky cords getting in the way. And because they’re wireless, you can take them with you if you need to leave the room for any reason.
It’s important to note that by connecting your AirPods to your Android TV, you lose some of the features available on the AirPods when used with iOS devices. However, they should still work well for most purposes.
If you’re looking for a wireless way to enjoy audio from your Android TV, AirPods are a good option to consider.
Do AirPods Work With Android Tablets?
AirPods are a popular wireless audio solution for Apple users, but can they also be used with Android tablets? The short answer is yes.
AirPods use Bluetooth to connect to devices, and most Android tablets include standard Bluetooth capabilities. This means you should be able to pair your AirPods with an Android tablet without any issues.
Here’s how to connect your AirPods with an Android tablet:
- Make sure your AirPods are in their charging case and that the case has enough power.
- Open the lid of the charging case, then press and hold the setup button on the back of the case until you see the status light flash white.
- Open your tablet’s Settings app and tap Connections > Bluetooth, then make sure Bluetooth is turned on.
- Tap “Search for devices,” then wait for your AirPods to appear in the list of available devices.
- When your AirPods appear, tap them to connect. If prompted, enter the PIN code for your AirPods (0000 is the default).
Once paired, you should be able to use them to watch and listen to movies, listen to music, make phone calls, or even attend a Zoom conference.
However, there are some limitations to using AirPods with an Android tablet. For example, you will not be able to use Siri, nor will you be able to automatic ear detection or carry out ear tip fit testing. Despite these limitations, AirPods can still provide a great experience when used with Android Bluetooth-enabled tablets.
Not a Perfect Match, but Still a Match!
There may be slight differences in how the AirPods function on an Android device compared to an iOS device, but overall, they should work just fine. So, if you’re an Android user looking for a good pair of wireless earbuds, don’t count out the AirPods just because they’re made by Apple.
Have you tried using AirPods with Android? What was your experience like?
Let us know in the comments section below.