How to Download Images From Pinterest
Pinterest is the perfect app for ideas and inspiration. Through imagery and videos, one can find all sorts of creativity, covering pretty much any topic you can think of.
Pinning ideas to your boards or following a fellow “Pinner” allows you quick access to your interests when using your account online. But what if you want to access content offline?
Luckily, Pinterest prepared for this eventuality. You can download images directly from Pinterest to your computer or smartphone. Currently, Pinterest doesn’t support downloads of videos, Stories, or carousel Pins. Keep reading to find out how to save images to your device.
How to Download Images From Pinterest on an iPhone
You can download Pinterest images using the Download Image option. Here’s how to do that using your iPhone:
- Launch Pinterest and find the image you wish to download.
- Select the image, then tap the three-dot menu icon in the top-right corner.
- To save the image to your iPhone, choose Download Image from the pop-up menu.
- Pinterest will now ask for permission to save the image to your gallery. Tap Allow.
- Once the pin is downloaded, a confirmation message will display at the bottom of your screen.
How to Download Images From Pinterest on Android
The steps to download Pinterest images on your Android device are very much similar to iPhone:
- Sign in to your Pinterest account.
- Find and select the image you want to save.
- At the top-right, tap the three-dot menu icon.
- Choose Download Image.
- Select Allow to grant Pinterest access to save the image to your phone’s gallery.
- After the image is downloaded, you’ll see a confirmation message at the bottom of the screen.
How to Download Images From Pinterest on an iPad
Pinterest images can be downloaded using the Download Image option. Here’s how via your iPad:
- Launch Pinterest and find the image you want to download.
- Select the image, then at the top-right corner, tap the three-dot menu icon.
- To save the image to your iPad, choose Download Image from the pop-up.
- Pinterest will need your permission to save the image to your gallery. Tap Allow.
- After the pin downloads, a confirmation message will be displayed at the bottom of the screen.
How to Download Images From Pinterest on a Mac
Follow these steps to download images using your Pinterest account on Mac:
- Sign in to your Pinterest account.
- Search for the picture you want to save, then right-click on it or click the three-dot menu icon beside it.
- Choose Download image.
- Select the folder you want to save it to, then click Save.
How to Download Images From Pinterest on Windows
To download an image from your Pinterest account using Windows, follow these steps:
- Access your Pinterest account.
- Find the image you want to download, then right-click on it or select the three-dot menu icon next to it.
- From the pop-up menu, select Download image.
- Choose the folder path you want to save the image to, then click Save.
Can You Download All Images From a Pinterest Board?
Using your computer, you can download several images from Pinterest boards. However, you’ll need to install the Image Downloader Chrome extension first and follow these steps:
Note: Pinterest images are protected by copyright and cannot be posted elsewhere.
1. Open the Pinterest app, then find the board with the images you want to save.
2. On the Chrome extension bar, click the Image Downloader icon.
3. Now, you can either select several images to download or choose Select all to download them all.
4. Click Download, then Yes to confirm.
Downloading Your Pinned Interests
Pinterest lets you create virtual scrap boards by collecting images and videos on various topics. When accessing your account online, there’s no need to search for the images you like repeatedly. You’ll have direct access to them via your board(s) and those you follow.
Pinterest allows you to save individual pictures to your device for personal use offline. You can also save all images from a board to your computer by installing the Image Downloader Chrome extension.
Have you created a board that received a lot of attention? Tell us about it in the comments section below.