How to Find Clothes From a Picture Online
Have you seen a cute shirt that would make a killer outfit online, but just can’t figure out where to buy it? If you want to copy outfits you’ve seen on websites or apps such as Pinterest and Instagram, then look no further.
In this article, we’ve compiled some great ways to find clothes from a picture. Keep on reading to find those adorable outfits that will make you look fabulous.
How to Find Clothes From a Picture on Instagram
1. Check Tags on the Picture
Instagram is a great place to find inspiration for your fashion choices, but it’s also an effective way for companies to advertise or sell their products.
Many influencers or celebrities advertise clothing for companies for this purpose. If you’ve seen a piece of clothing you want on an influencer’s page, you can:
- Tap their photos once to see if there are any brands tagged.
- You might also want to check their captions too.
- If the brand is tagged, head to their website. Chances are that they have an online store on their website, an app, or an Instagram store where you can browse their products.
2. Check if the Item Is Connected to the Instagram Store
Instagram Store is becoming very loved very quickly. It’s a convenient way for potential buyers to find the clothing they’re looking for, as well as for sellers to reach a wider audience.
If this is the case with the picture you’ve seen, follow these steps:
- Check if there’s a small shopping bag tag at the bottom of the picture.
- If so, click on it to show you the tagged item. Next, tap on it to be redirected to its Instagram Store. Then, you’ll be able to see the price, related items, and potentially their website to make your browsing easier.
How to Find Clothes From a Picture on Pinterest
1. Find Clothes From a Picture on Pinterest With “Pinterest Lens”
Pinterest’s app features a search tool called “Lens.” This tool allows you to browse thousands of posts on the platform through images. It can identify multiple items, even entire outfits. Furthermore, it will show you shopping links for matching products. You don’t need a separate app to use this feature. It comes with the app, so you just need to be a Pinterest user to access it.
Follow these steps to find out how to use Pinterest Lens:
- Open your Pinterest app.
- Find the “Search” button – a magnifying glass at the bottom of your screen.
- Tap the camera icon in the search bar.
- Pinch to zoom or tap on a specific object to focus your camera.
- Tap the button to snap a picture or select a photo from your camera roll.
- Then feel free to scroll down to see the results.
2. Find Clothes From a Picture on Instagram or Pinterest by Using Google Lens
Google Lens is a visual search tool that can identify clothing, accessories, or any other form of apparel. After inserting a picture with the clothes you want to find, it will provide you with links to various websites for easy purchasing. It’s available for both Android and iOS users. Plus, it’s completely free!
If you’re an iPhone user, you can get it here.
If you’re an Android user, you can get it here.
This feature is very fast and easy to use. Follow these steps to find out how:
- Install the app on your device and launch it.
- Select a photo obtained from either Pinterest, Instagram, or your camera roll.
- Tap “search”.
- Now, you’ll be able to take an action based on your photo or find similar products.
You can even use a picture of a barcode to find more details about the product and where to buy it.
3. Find Clothes From a Picture on Instagram or Pinterest by Using CamFind
“CamFind” is another great way to locate the clothing you’re looking for just by inserting a picture in the browser.
Note that it might be less accurate than Google Lens, but it’s the second-best option if you can’t access the “Google Lens” app(which might be the case with some devices, like Huawei).
Here’s what you have to do:
- Screenshot the Instagram or Pinterest picture you want to search.
- Install it and launch the app.
- Approve the usage of the location, storage, and camera roll.
- Snap a picture of the piece of clothing you’re looking for or tap the media picture at the left corner to find a screenshot of the clothes you’re looking for.
- Wait until the picture is scanned.
The “CamFind” will then locate the source and links to the relevant website and redirect you accordingly.
4. Find Clothes From a Picture on Instagram or Pinterest by Using Amazon StyleSnap
Amazon’s shopping app has a visual search engine focused on clothing.
Access it by following the steps below:
- Screenshot the picture of the clothes in question.
- Get the Amazon Shopping app (available for both Android and iOS users) and launch it.
- Find the “Search” bar and click on the camera icon.
- Tap the “Allow access” to allow you to use your camera.
- The app will then direct you to your camera app to snap a picture of the item you looking for. Or, in this case, insert the already-existing picture in your gallery.
From there, Amazon will recommend a variety of similar items or even the exact one you’re looking for.
5. Find Clothes From a Picture on Instagram or Pinterest by Using Lykdat
“Lykdat” is a website where you don’t have an app. It’s very simple to use, provides the exact match results, and has a filter.
Here’s how to use it:
- Screenshot the picture with the clothing you’re looking for.
- Go to “Lykdat’s” website.
- Click on the search icon at the bottom of the screen.
- Upload your picture.
- Crop it if you want to focus on a certain piece of clothing.
- Click on a “Check” symbol to get your results.
7. Find Clothes From a Picture on Instagram or Pinterest by Using Clothing Apps
Did you know that a lot of apps, like Zara and ASOS, have their own visual search tool that can help you find the exact or similar item you’re looking for?
If you prefer to shop on “ASOS”, the search process might look like this:
- Screenshot the picture with the clothing you’re looking for.
- Install the “ASOS” app if you don’t already have it and launch it.
- In the top right corner, click on the search icon.
- Then choose between “camera” or “photos” to capture or select a photo.
- Click “done” to upload a picture.
- Get the results.
Finding Cute Clothing Has Never Been Easier With These Savvy Search Engines
If you saw a classy outfit on social media, it might’ve taken hours to find it in the city. But that’s a thing of the past. Now you can find everything you’re looking for with a few clicks, using these great visual search engines. In essence, they do all the “heavy lifting” for you.
Have you ever tried to find clothes from a picture online? If so, did you use any of the methods outlined in this article? Let us know in the comments section below.