How to Download a TikTok Video Without the Watermark
TikTok offers a variety of content unparalleled to any other app, ensuring every user finds something to their liking. As you scroll through content, you may find a video you particularly like or find helpful. In that case, you might want to download it to watch later without opening the app.
However, a downloaded TikTok video comes with a watermark logo bouncing between the corners, which some users might find annoying.
If you’re one of those users, you’ve come to the right place. Keep reading to learn how to download a TikTok video without the watermark.
Are Users Allowed to Download TikTok Videos?
The app developers have anticipated the desire to download TikTok videos and made it a simple process. Essentially, you can download a video in two clicks.
Judging by the simplicity of the downloading process, TikTok not only allows but also welcomes this action. However, viewing the downloaded videos is where the app sets some boundaries.
Any video you download on TikTok will have a watermark with the original creator’s username. The goal of this measure is to prevent intellectual property theft. What’s more, the TikTok’s Community Guidelines forbid users from posting, sharing, or sending any content that infringes on someone else’s copyright.
Simply put, you can download TikTok videos, but you’re not allowed to pass them as your own, which is easy to do if there’s no watermark. Note that TikTok may suspend or terminate accounts with multiple copyright violations. In addition, the app can stop these users from opening a new account on TikTok.
Due to the nature of the app, users can stitch videos and react to or add to them. However, some users choose to upload the video without a watermark when reacting to it. This is mainly done to avoid sending traffic to the user’s account, especially if the content is problematic. As this is viewed as transformative content, it’s covered under fair use and allowed to stay on the app.
How to Download a TikTok Video Without the Watermark
TikTok doesn’t offer native tools for downloading a video without a watermark to protect copyright holders. Fortunately, multiple third-party apps and websites can do the trick. Most of them are relatively straightforward, making the downloading process almost as quick as TikTok’s typical method.
Download a TikTok Video Without Watermark Using an iPhone
TinyWow offers a free simple tool to download any TikTok video without a watermark. You’ll only need the link to the video you want to download and a few taps in your web browser, and voilà. No app download required
- Launch the TikTok app.
- Find the video you’d like to download.
- Tap the share button (an arrow pointing right) in the bottom-right corner of the screen.
- Select “Copy link” from the top row of buttons.
- Go to the TinyWow TikTok Video Downloader page in your browser
- Click “Paste” to add it to your videos.
- Select the downloaded video.
- Choose “Share Video.”
- Hit “Save Video.”
After following these steps, you can find the saved video in your gallery, with no watermark in sight.
Download a TikTok Video Without Watermark Using an Android
The TinyWow website works just as well for downloading TikTok videos from your Android phone. Again, no app download required
The first step is to get the link to the TikTok video you want to download. Here’s how you can do that:
- Go to the TikTok app.
- Navigate to the video you want to download.
- Tap the share button at the bottom right.
- Scroll through the top row of buttons until you find the “Copy link” option.
Now that you have the link in your clipboard, it’s time to head to the SnapTik app.
- Click on the “Paste” button next to the text box if it isn’t automatically filled in.
- Select the “Download video” option.
Once the app processes the video, it will display a “Play” option. You’ll notice no watermark on the freshly downloaded video when you tap the button. Any videos you save using the SnapTik app are listed under the “Download” tab.
Download a TikTok Video Without Watermark Using a PC
If you prefer using a computer for the endless TikTok fun, you’ll be happy to know there’s an easy way to download a video online. Third-party websites are equally as straightforward and efficient as apps. The TinyWow TikTok Video Downloader is no different.
As a bonus, you can access this website from an Android or iPhone if you don’t feel like downloading an app.
To download a TikTok video without a watermark on your computer, do the following:
- Navigate to the TikTok website.
- Go to the video you wish to download.
- Click on the ellipsis button on the right side of the video.
- Tap the “Copy link” button.
- Open the TinyWow TikTok Downloader
- Paste your link in the text box.
- Hit “Search.”
- Press the “Download” button under the “Format” box.
The video will be sent to your “Downloads” folder, and it won’t contain a watermark. Third-party websites are also an excellent choice for downloads if you’re running out of storage on your smartphone.
How to Remove the Watermark From a TikTok Video
Your device’s gallery might be filled with riveting TikTok videos sporting their signature watermark. If you’ve downloaded the videos before realizing you can do so without a watermark, don’t worry. You can remove the watermark after the fact.
As always, there are third-party apps to the rescue. These are typically not aimed at exclusive TikTok use but will get the job done just the same.
Remove Watermark From a TikTok Video Using iPhone
The Video Eraser app works similarly to other apps to remove objects from images. Namely, it pixelates the watermark and its surrounding colors to blend it into the background. The price or lack of one sets this app apart from most apps with similar performance. That’s right – the Video Eraser app is free to use.
Here’s how you can use it to remove the watermark from a TikTok video:
- Tap the “plus” button at the top right.
- Locate your video in the “Photos Library” under “Import Videos.”
- Click “Done” after selecting the video.
- Press the “More” button next to the video on the “Original Videos” page.
- Choose “Remove Watermark” from the list of options.
- Slide the selector tool over the watermark.
- Hit the “Start” button in the upper-right corner of the page.
Once you complete these steps, you can find the video on the “Processed” page.
Don’t forget that the TikTok watermark bounces around. This, unfortunately, means more work for you, as you’ll have to address each watermark position separately.
If you’re in a rush and don’t want to deal with this process, you can always crop out the watermark in your “Photos” app.
- Open the video you’d like to edit.
- Hit the “Edit” button in the top-right corner of your screen.
- Choose the crop tool from the panel at the bottom.
- Adjust the selector tool to crop out the watermark.
- Tap “Done.”
- Repeat steps 4–5 for the other watermark position.
This method significantly shrinks the video’s proportion, showing only a limited aspect. However, it’s the easiest way to remove a watermark on the go without reaching for any third-party apps.
Remove Watermark From a TikTok Video Using Android
There’s no shortage of watermark-removing apps, so Android users can easily get rid of this pesky mark. Here’s how to remove the watermark using the Video Eraser app:
- Tap the “Remove Watermark from Video” option on the app’s landing page.
- Find the video you’d like to edit in your gallery.
- Slide the selector box to the area with the watermark.
- If necessary, adjust the box’s size by dragging its corners.
- Press “Done” at the top to complete the process.
A great thing about this app is that you can use multiple selector tools at once. This means you can remove both TikTok watermark positions simultaneously. Just tap anywhere on the editing screen to generate another selector tool.
TikTok creators and users alike might benefit from downloading a video without a watermark. Our guide has outlined easy methods for getting rid of the watermark straight away or after the initial download. Whatever method you choose, the result remains the same – a crisp, watermark-free video for your viewing pleasure.
Have you tried downloading a TikTok video without a watermark? Which method did you use? Let us know in the comments section below.