How to Delete a Facebook Page
A Facebook page is undoubtedly one of the most effective ways to connect with your friends or customers. However, you may wish to delete your page if you feel it no longer serves the intended purpose.
Deleting a page on Facebook is straightforward. But first, it is important to note that you can only delete a page if you’re an admin of the page.
An admin, as Facebook calls it, is either the person who created the page or some other user assigned the role by the creator. This article shows you how you can delete your page using a few simple steps. Let’s get started!
How to Delete a Page on Facebook You Created
There are several categories of Facebook pages, including business pages, company pages, and community pages.
If you own any of these pages, you can delete them by following these steps:
- Log into your account by visiting https://www.facebook.com/
- From your homepage, which is also your News Feed, navigate to the page section by clicking on “Pages” in the left menu.
- This will launch a list of all the pages managed by you. Click on the name of the page that you’d like to delete.
- In the left menu, scroll down and select “Settings.”
- In the left navigational pane, “General” is selected by default. Scroll down the General page settings (right side) and click on “Remove Page” on the left or “Edit” on the right.
- Click on “Permanently delete [page name].” Don’t worry, it doesn’t remove it yet.
- A confirmation window appears. Select “Delete” to confirm removing the Facebook Page. This is where it does delete the page!
If you own a Facebook page but you no longer use it, the deletion process is the same as an active Facebook Page.
How to Delete a Group Page on Facebook
The process of deleting a group on Facebook is a little bit more involved compared to deleting a page.
- Log into your account at https://www.facebook.com/
- From your News Feed, click on “Groups” in the left menu. This will open a list of all groups managed by you. Alternately, you can simply search the name of the group via the “Search Facebook” box in the top left corner.
- Click on the “Members” tab.
- Click on the three small dots next to each member’s name.
- In the small box that pops up, click on “Remove member.” Repeat this for all members.
- Once you’ve removed everyone from the group, it’s time for you to leave the group as well. Click on the three small dots next to your name and choose “Leave group.”
- Click on “Leave and delete” to finally delete the group.
The good thing about deleting a Facebook group is that members are not notified. However, you have to be an admin to delete a group successfully. If you’re not the primary owner of the group, the owner has to consent to the move first.
How to Delete a Liked Page on Facebook
If you are no longer interested in any given page on Facebook, you can technically “delete” the page and stop getting any updates or seeing any posts associated with that particular page. Here’s how you do it.
- From your News Feed, click on “Pages” in the left menu. This will launch a list of all the pages you own, as well as the pages you currently like.
- On the “Liked Pages” list, select the name of the Page you’d like to delete.
- Once the page has opened, toggle the “Liked” box once to unlike the page. The box will turn from blue to black, indicating that you no longer like the page.
To like the page again, simply search the Page by name and click on “Like” in the upper left corner.
Facebook Deletion FAQs
How Do I Delete My Facebook Page Immediately?
• Go to your page’s settings in the bottom left.
• Click on “General.”
• At this point, select “Remove Page.”
• Select “Delete [Page name].”
• Click on “OK.”
How Do You Delete a Facebook Account Permanently?
Just like Facebook pages, you can also delete your personal Facebook account. By so doing, you no longer appear in Facebook searches. In addition, photos, videos, posts, and all other data you’ve added are permanently deleted.
To delete your Facebook account permanently:
• Launch the account management section by clicking on the small downward arrow in the top right corner.
• Select “Settings & Privacy,” then proceed to “Settings.” This will open a list of settings in the left column, starting with “General” and ending with “Videos.”
• Select “Your Facebook Information.”
• Click on the “View” tab next to “Deactivation and Deletion.” This will open a new window where you’ll be presented with two options: deactivate your account or permanently delete your account.
• Check the circle next to “Permanently Delete Account” and then click on “Continue to Account Deletion.”
• Click on “Delete Account.”
• Enter your account password and then click on “Continue.”
How Do I Permanently Leave Facebook?
Once you’ve initiated your account’s deletion, Facebook gives you a 30-day window to rescind your decision. Within that timeframe, you can reinstate your account to its previous state without losing any of your data. To do so, simply log into your account as you normally would, using any browser of your choice or via the Facebook App. After 30 days, you lose your account permanently.
With this information, you can delete any type of Facebook page or your personal account in just a few moments. Have you experienced any challenges while trying to do any of these things? How did you overcome them? Let us know in the comments.
Disclaimer: Some pages on this site may include an affiliate link. This does not effect our editorial in any way.