How to Delete a Facebook Page
A Facebook page is undoubtedly one of the most effective ways to connect with your friends or customers. But sometimes you may wish to delete your page if you feel it no longer serves the intended purpose. In this article, we’re going to tell you how you can delete your page in a few simple steps.
How to Delete a Page on Facebook
Deleting a page on Facebook is straightforward. But first, it is important to note that you can only delete a page if you’re an admin of the page. An admin, as Facebook calls it, is either the person who created the page or some other user assigned the role by the creator.
How to Delete a Page You Created on Facebook
There are several categories of Facebook pages. The main ones are:
- business pages;
- company pages; and
- community pages.
If you own any of these pages, you can delete it by following these steps:
- Log into your account by visiting https://www.facebook.com/
- From your homepage, which is also your News Feed, navigate to the page section by clicking on “Pages” in the left menu. This will launch a list of all the pages managed by you. Toggle the name of the page that you’d like to delete.
- Click on “Settings” in the left menu. This will launch a long list of Settings subsections.
- Click on “General” and scroll down to “Remove page.”
- Click on “Edit” in the far right and select “Permanently delete.” This will launch a small pop-up window where you’ll be asked to confirm whether you want to proceed with the deletion.
- Click on “Delete” to finish the process.
How to Delete an Old Page on Facebook
If you own a Facebook page but you no longer use it, here’s how you can delete it.
- Open the page you’d like to delete
- Open Page Settings. This will launch a long list of settings starting with “General” and ending with “Videos.”
- Click on General.
- From the resulting list, select “Delete Page”
How to Delete a Group Page on Facebook
The process of deleting a group on Facebook is a little bit more involved compared to deleting a page.
- Log into your account at https://www.facebook.com/
- From your News Feed, click on “Groups” in the left menu. This will open a list of all groups managed by you. Alternately, you can simply search the name of the group via the “Search Facebook” box in the top left corner.
- Click on the “Members” tab.
- Click on the three small dots next to each member’s name.
- In the small box that pops up, click on “Remove member.” Repeat this for all members.
- Once you’ve removed everyone from the group, it’s time for you to leave the group as well. Click on the three small dots next to your name and choose “Leave group.”
- Click on “Leave and delete” to finally delete the group.
The good thing about deleting a Facebook group is that members are not notified. However, you have to be an admin to delete a group successfully. If you’re not the primary owner of the group, the owner has to consent to the move first.
How to Delete a Liked Page on Facebook
If you are no longer interested in any given page on Facebook, you can technically “delete” the page and stop getting any updates or seeing any posts associated with that particular page. Here’s how you do it.
- From your News Feed, click on “Pages” in the left menu. This will launch a list of all the pages you own, as well as the pages you currently like.
- On the “Liked Pages” list, select the name of the Page you’d like to delete.
- Once the page has opened, toggle the “Liked” box once to unlike the page. The box will turn from blue to black, indicating that you no longer like the page.
To like the page again, simply search the Page by name and click on “Like” in the upper left corner.
How Do I Delete My Facebook Page Immediately?
• Go to your page’s settings in the bottom left.u003cbru003eu003cimg class=u0022wp-image-197140u0022 style=u0022width: 300px;u0022 src=u0022https://www.techjunkie.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/idp1.pngu0022 alt=u0022u0022u003eu003cbru003e• Click on “General.”u003cbru003eu003cimg class=u0022wp-image-197141u0022 style=u0022width: 300px;u0022 src=u0022https://www.techjunkie.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/idp2.pngu0022 alt=u0022u0022u003eu003cbru003e• At this point, select “Remove Page.”u003cbru003eu003cimg class=u0022wp-image-197142u0022 style=u0022width: 500px;u0022 src=u0022https://www.techjunkie.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/idp3.pngu0022 alt=u0022u0022u003eu003cbru003e• Select “Delete [page name].”u003cbru003eu003cimg class=u0022wp-image-197143u0022 style=u0022width: 500px;u0022 src=u0022https://www.techjunkie.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/idp4.pngu0022 alt=u0022u0022u003eu003cbru003e• Click on “OK.”
u003cstrongu003eHow Do You Delete a Facebook Account Permanently?u003c/strongu003e
Just like Facebook pages, you can also delete your personal Facebook account. By so doing, you no longer appear in Facebook searches. In addition, photos, videos, posts, and all other data you’ve added are permanently deleted.u003cbru003eu003cbru003eTo delete your Facebook account permanently,u003cbru003e• Launch the account management section by clicking on the small downward arrow in the top right corner.u003cbru003eu003cimg class=u0022wp-image-197144u0022 style=u0022width: 500px;u0022 src=u0022https://www.techjunkie.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/fbd1.pngu0022 alt=u0022u0022u003eu003cbru003e• Select “Settings u0026amp; Privacy,” then proceed to “Settings.” This will open a list of settings in the left column, starting with “General” and ending with “Videos.”u003cbru003eu003cimg class=u0022wp-image-197145u0022 style=u0022width: 500px;u0022 src=u0022https://www.techjunkie.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/fbd2.pngu0022 alt=u0022u0022u003eu003cbru003e• Select “Your Facebook Information.”u003cbru003eu003cimg class=u0022wp-image-197146u0022 style=u0022width: 300px;u0022 src=u0022https://www.techjunkie.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/fbd3.pngu0022 alt=u0022u0022u003eu003cbru003e• Click on the “View” tab next to “Deactivation and Deletion.” This will open a new window where you’ll be presented with two options: deactivate your account or permanently delete your account.u003cbru003eu003cimg class=u0022wp-image-197147u0022 style=u0022width: 500px;u0022 src=u0022https://www.techjunkie.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/fbd4.pngu0022 alt=u0022u0022u003eu003cbru003e• Check the circle next to “Permanently Delete Account” and then click on “Continue to Account Deletion.”u003cbru003eu003cimg class=u0022wp-image-197148u0022 style=u0022width: 500px;u0022 src=u0022https://www.techjunkie.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/fbd5.pngu0022 alt=u0022u0022u003eu003cbru003e• Click on “Delete Account.”u003cbru003eu003cimg class=u0022wp-image-197149u0022 style=u0022width: 500px;u0022 src=u0022https://www.techjunkie.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/fbd6.pngu0022 alt=u0022u0022u003eu003cbru003e• Enter your account password and then click on “Continue.”u003cbru003eu003cimg class=u0022wp-image-197150u0022 style=u0022width: 400px;u0022 src=u0022https://www.techjunkie.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/fbd7.pngu0022 alt=u0022u0022u003e
How Do I Permanently Leave Facebook?
Once you’ve initiated your account’s deletion, Facebook gives you a 30-day window to rescind your decision. Within that timeframe, you can reinstate your account to its previous state without losing any of your data. To do so, simply log into your account as you normally would, using any browser of your choice or via the Facebook App.u003cbru003eu003cbru003eAfter 30 days, you lose your account permanently.
With this information, you can delete any type of Facebook page or your personal account in just a few moments. Have you experienced any challenges while trying to do any of these things? How did you overcome them? Let us know in the comments.