How to Fast Forward or Rewind in TikTok
Have you ever followed a TikTok video and completely missed something significant? Or maybe you simply want to skip to the last part of the video to see what happens?
Although TikTok videos aren’t very long, re-watching or watching a full video when you only wish to view a specific part can be frustrating. Fortunately, the app has found a workaround – users can now rewind or fast-forward TikToks.
Even though this feature doesn’t include all users and all videos, it still comes in handy. In this article, we’ll talk about how you can fast forward and rewind TikToks on different devices.
How to Fast Forward and Rewind in TikTok on an iPhone
The majority of the U.S population are iPhone users. Therefore, most American TikTok users access the app with their iPhones. Rewinding and fast-forwarding TikToks is relatively straightforward on an iPhone. Follow these steps to get started:
- Look for a white progress bar at the bottom of the video when you open TikTok.
- Drag the dot that looks like a white line on the progress bar forward or backward along the bar. The position of the white dot will appear above the bar in the form of a timecode.
- If you let go of the dot, you’ll find yourself in a different part of the video.
How to Fast Forward and Rewind in TikTok on an Android Device
If we look at the worldwide stats, the majority of the world population are Android users. This means that most TikTok users worldwide access their accounts through an Android device. Luckily, it is also possible to rewind and fast-forward a video on this operating system. The steps to do so are the following:
- Open the TikTok mobile application.
- Look for a white line at the bottom of a TikTok video while watching it.
- With your finger, move the thick white line. It will be highlighted, and a dot will appear to signify how far you have progressed through the video.
- To rewind, press the dot and scroll left; press the dot and scroll right to fast-forward.
You may not be able to do this for very short videos, so check for it in a longer one. As the video proceeds, the line should get gradually thicker.
The feature was firstly available for iOS users and later added for Android devices. If you are using an older Android version and your TikTok app is not updated, you might not have access to this feature.
How to Fast Forward and Rewind in TikTok on an iPad
Since iPads use the same operating system as iPhones, what goes for iPhones usually goes for iPads as well. The steps to rewind or fast forward a video on TikTok are similar to those for iPhones.
- Launch TikTok.
- Look for a white progress bar at the bottom of a video.
- Drag the dot on the progress bar that appears like a white line forward or backward along the bar. The position of the white dot will be displayed as a timecode above the bar.
- If you let go of the dot, you’ll go to the desired section of the video.
How to Fast Forward and Rewind in TikTok on a PC
TikTok’s PC version has greatly improved lately. Most features that are available on mobile apps are now available using your web browser. Even though some aspects are still limited, there is less need to use additional software and emulators to have the best TikTok experience.
You can also fast-forward and rewind videos on a PC pretty easily. Check out these steps:
- Go to the TikTok website and log into your account.
- Select a video you want to watch by clicking on it.
- At the bottom, you’ll see a progress bar with two timestamps on the right.
- As the video progresses, the bar gets thicker. Hover your mouse over the bar until a white dot appears.
- Drag the dot forward or backward to fast forward or rewind the video.
Enjoy Your TikToks
You can optimize your watching experience with the rewind and fast-forward feature. Even if you don’t have the feature available yet, there are roundabout ways to achieve this. TikTok may introduce other adjustments in the future as well. However, for the time being, these are the only two ways to rewind or fast forward a TikTok instantly.
Are the rewind and fast forward feature available to you? Do you think that fast-forwarding and rewinding videos are important for a video streaming app? Let us know in the comment section below!