How to Find Contacts on WhatsApp
WhatsApp allows you to text and call other WhatsApp users over your Internet connection. This is especially handy if you have friends or family abroad and don’t want to receive an enormous phone bill at the end of the month. However, to do so, you first need to find your contacts on WhatsApp.
Even though this process is straightforward, it can be tricky for WhatsApp newbies. Luckily, in this article, we’ll walk you through the steps necessary to find your contacts on WhatsApp using different devices.
How to Find Contacts on WhatsApp on an iPhone
WhatsApp for iOS offers you access to your contacts quickly. However, if you wish to find someone on WhatsApp who isn’t currently on your contact list, you’ll have to add them first.
Here’s how to find contacts on WhatsApp on iPhone:
- Open WhatsApp on your iPhone. It looks like a white speech bubble and phone receiver on a green backdrop. Just tap the WhatsApp icon to open the app.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to register your phone number if you aren’t already logged in.
- Tap “Chats.” At the bottom of the screen, you’ll find a speech bubble-shaped icon that looks like a microphone. Here you can see all your WhatsApp contacts
- Tap the “Back” button in the upper-left corner of the screen to go back to the messages screen.
- To start a new chat, press the “New Chat” button. The pencil icon in a square of blue is in the screen’s upper-right corner. This will take you to the Contacts section again.
- On this tab, you’ll see a list of all of your WhatsApp contacts.
- Find the person you want to talk to by scrolling down the list of individuals on this page. Alternatively, you can type the name of a contact into the search area at the top.
- It’s possible to invite a contact to join WhatsApp by scrolling down to the bottom of your list and tapping “Invite Friends to WhatsApp,” selecting how you want to send them an invitation, tapping the contacts you’d like to invite, and then tapping “Done” at the bottom of your screen.
- Select a contact from the list and tap on their name to initiate a chat, phone conversation, or video call. This will allow you to start a conversation with them.
How to Find Contacts on WhatsApp on an Android
WhatsApp for Android works similarly to the iOS app. Hence, if you wish to find anybody on WhatsApp, you first need to add their number to your contacts.
Here’s how to find someone on WhatsApp on an Android:
- On your Android, launch the WhatsApp application. The app looks like a green background with a white speech bubble and phone receiver. Simply tap the WhatsApp icon to launch the application.
- If you are not already logged in, follow the on-screen prompts to register your phone number.
- Select “Chats.” You’ll notice a speech bubble-shaped icon that resembles a microphone at the bottom of the screen. You can view all of your WhatsApp contacts here.
- To return to the messages screen, tap the “Back” button in the upper-left corner of the screen.
- To begin a new conversation, click the “New Chat” icon.This will bring you back to the Contacts area.
- You’ll see a list of your WhatsApp connections on this tab.
- Locate an individual of interest. By scrolling through the list of individuals on this page, you can find the person you’re looking for. Alternatively, you can type a contact’s name into the top-right search field.
- You can invite a contact to join WhatsApp by going to the bottom of your list and hitting “Invite Friends to WhatsApp,” then selecting how you’d want to invite them, tapping the contacts you’d like to invite, and finally tapping “Done” at the bottom of your screen.
- Tap on a contact’s name to start a chat, phone discussion, or video call. This will enable you to initiate contact with them.
How to Find Contacts on WhatsApp on a PC
To use WhatsApp on a PC, you need to set up WhatsApp. Below are the steps to set up WhatsApp Web on your PC:
- Search for “WhatsApp Web” in any browser on your PC or Laptop and then open it.
- Take a look at the QR Code reader on your mobile device by opening WhatsApp Messenger and clicking “Menu,” then clicking the vertical dot icon to open the QR Code reader.
- Scan the QR Code on your PC from your phone.
Now you’ll see that the app on your phone and WhatsApp Web on your PC are connected. You will be able to see everything on your PC, from chats to statuses, and you can also make a video or audio call. To find a contact on PC, follow these steps:
- You’ll see a speech bubble icon at the top of your screen. Click it to start a new chat.
- WhatsApp Web will display all your contacts. Select the person you want to contact.
- A new chat window will open. Here you can send a message or start a call.
How can you find someone on WhatsApp without their contact info?
Unfortunately, it’s not possible. There’s a solid reason you can’t find someone on WhatsApp without their phone number — privacy. If you want to start a chat with someone on WhatsApp, you’ll need to save their phone number in your contact list.
You can, however, use the Truecaller app to look up the person’s phone number or try using the Find Someone’s Phone Number by Name feature. You can use Truecaller to find the user’s phone number and then send a WhatsApp message. Here’s how:
1. First, type the person’s name into Truecaller and see if it comes up.
2. Once you have their phone number, enter it into your contact list.
3. Send a message to yourself by clicking the message icon on your WhatsApp screen.
Why are my contacts not showing on WhatsApp?
There are several reasons why WhatsApp contacts just disappear. If you have a fully functioning phone, for example, you may have this issue without doing anything to cause it.
The problem can occur if you go from one device to another while using WhatsApp. First, a fault in WhatsApp syncing contacts stored on your phone could be to blame for the problem. This is the most likely scenario.
In some cases, the problem can occur on smartphones that have recently updated to a new version of the software, which modified the rights allowed to WhatsApp.
To solve this, you can try refreshing your contacts, checking your permission and sync settings, or uninstalling and reinstalling WhatsApp.
Contacting on WhatsApp Can Be Easy
WhatsApp releases new versions regularly, just like any other software. WhatsApp’s latest upgrade removed the contacts list in favor of a status bar which confused many users.
However, it was just a matter of time before we all moved on. But finding WhatsApp contacts is still a problem for some of us. By following the instructions in this tutorial, you should be able to see your WhatsApp contacts list in no time.
Have you ever had issues finding your contacts on WhatsApp? On what device do you use WhatsApp the most? Let us know in the comments section below!