How to Find an iPhone From an Android Phone
Every iPhone has a handy feature called Find My iPhone, which allows an iOS user to find their iPhone from another iOS device. However, what if you find out that your iPhone is missing, but you have no other iOS device nearby? Maybe you’re the only friend or family member that uses an iPhone, or you’re on vacation somewhere where Android devices are more common.
Whatever the case might be, there are a couple of ways you can locate your iPhone from an Android phone. Keep on reading to find out how.
There are a few things you need to do before locating an iPhone on an Android. Turn on the “Send Last Location” option on the iPhone while setting up Find my iPhone. If the battery on your phone dies, this guarantees that a location can be identified. With iOS 15 or later, you’ll be able to track your iPhone even while it’s not turned on.
To use iCloud on someone’s Android phone, open an incognito window first. This means your personal data won’t be stored on the phone. From here, follow these steps:
- Use your Apple ID to sign in to iCloud. Select the option to locate your iPhone from the menu.
- Select the device that’s missing.
- You can choose from three options: “Play Sound,” “Lost Mode,” or “Erase iPhone.” You can use the sound option to locate the gadget. Set the device to “Lost Mode” to prevent unauthorized access. Erase the iPhone/iPad remotely to delete all of the device’s data.
- Log out and close the incognito window.
Google Maps can help you locate your iPhone, but it’s not a foolproof method. To prevent the iPhone from getting lost, you must activate a particular setting on the device.
In order for this approach to succeed, the iPhone must have Google Maps loaded and location access enabled. To activate this setting, follow these steps:
- In Google Maps, go to your profile picture in the upper right corner and click “Settings.”
- Tap on “Personal content” and double-check that location tracking is enabled in both Location Services and Location History settings.
To find your lost iPhone using Google Maps, follow these steps:
- Open a web browser on the Android smartphone and sign in to your Google Maps Timeline.
- Go back to the time when your phone was last seen, and then check your travel routes and destinations visited.
- Check the photos that appear in your timeline, as they can indicate where you last used your phone.
Call the iPhone
Calling and texting your missing iPhone is a bit outdated, and this strategy only works if no one decides to steal your phone. If you dial your phone number, someone could pick it up and tell you where it is. WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger, and other messaging apps show the delivery status of messages if your phone call goes unanswered. You know your phone is on when you see a double tick next to the message you’ve just sent to your WhatsApp.
Using an Android phone to make a call and getting a message like “Not Reachable” or “Switched Off” is not a good sign. If this is the case, you may want to consider an alternative method.
GPS Tracking Apps
Locating an iPhone with a GPS tracking software is yet another option. However, a GPS tracking program must be installed before the phone is lost.
On both iOS and Android devices, you can use one of the trusted GPS tracking applications. Use the same app on both devices to find your misplaced phone. Life360 is an example of a tracking app. You can also access Life360 app’s services by logging into its website using any web browser app.
Use an incognito (private) Android browser if you’re using someone else’s Android device to look for your iPhone. When you close the app, your data will not be saved in the browser app.
Family Orbit is a multi-faceted, all-in-one family monitoring program that lets you watch over and keep track of your iPhone from an Android – or vice versa. Using this program, you can do a lot in a little amount of time. If you want to keep tabs on the online activities of a friend or family member, investing in this program may save you a lot of time and hassle.
Although this may seem intrusive to some, it’s truly an excellent piece of technology that can solve a wide range of issues. Just make sure you have permission if you wish to track the online activity of another adult.
If you’re concerned about your child’s safety online, you may use Family Orbit to keep tabs on their online activities. Text messages, phone calls, applications, photographs, and site searches can all be tracked with ease. It’s also possible to track more private messaging platforms like WhatsApp and LINE.
Family Orbit features GPS phone tracking technology that can tell you exactly where the person you’re targeting (again, for example, your child) is at any given time. You’ll be able to locate their iPhone on a map, no matter where it is.
There is no danger involved in using this program. Neither Jailbreak nor lockouts are required. All you have to do is join up for a free trial, and you’ll have access to unlimited resources and assistance. This package allows you to monitor up to three devices at once. This means that you can keep an eye on a few of your loved ones while they adjust to their new digital lifestyles and learn how to operate an iPhone or Android.
Using Cocospy, you can track an iPhone from any other mobile device, even an Android phone. Cocospy, a reputable phone monitoring program, allows you to follow any iPhone you want. Tracking children’s internet activity and where they are is the primary purpose of this app. Here’s how you can find your lost iPhone with an Android phone using this app:
- On the Android phone, visit Cocospy’s official website and sign up for their services.
- Select the packages you require to trace an iPhone.
- You can now choose which phone to track. The iCloud credentials of your target iPhone are necessary for this.
- Tap on the “Verify” button after entering your credentials.
- Select the “Finish” button to finalize the configuration of the target iPhone device after you’ve set up the login credentials.
- Open an account on your Android phone by logging in to Cocospy with your credentials.
- Using Cocospy’s services, you can access your target iPhone for as long as you choose. You’ll be able to keep tabs on all of your online interactions, as well as the location of the iPhone in question. You’ll be able to do all of this from your Android phone.
Find Your iPhone in Any Situation
Regardless of where you are when you notice that your phone is missing, there are ways to find your iPhone. Keep in mind that most of the methods require you to have some settings on or pre-installed apps. Therefore, if you know that you’re going somewhere that you’re likely to lose your phone, consider making the necessary adjustments beforehand.
Disclaimer: Some pages on this site may include an affiliate link. This does not effect our editorial in any way.