How To Check Your Friend’s Birthdays on Snapchat
Snapchat allows users to share special moments with friends and family and build stronger relationships. But it can also help you keep track of your loved ones’ birthdays. If you’re wondering how you can use Snapchat to find users’ birthday information, you’ve come to the right place.
This article will cover how to access birthday data on Snapchat on several devices. We’ll also discuss how to send a birthday snap to show appreciation and care.
How to Find Birthdays in SnapChat on an Android Device
If you keep all your social media apps on your Android smartphone, you can expand Snapchat’s functionality and see whether someone’s birthday is coming up. Since the platform strives to be user-friendly, the process is relatively straightforward. Here’s what you need to do:
- Launch the Snapchat app from the home screen.
- Click on the Chat option in the navigation bar at the lower end of the interface.
- Select a friend from the chat history.
- Tap the small, rocket-shaped icon.
- Press Minis and choose Birthdays from the list of options.
Snapchat will generate a list of upcoming birthdays. The app orders the dates chronologically, meaning you’ll see the birthdays coming up soon first. This is a handy feature for people who struggle to remember dates and unintentionally forget about important events.
Another way of accessing the birthday feature is through the camera page. Follow these steps to do so:
- Open the app and scroll to the bottom of the interface.
- Select All Minis and choose Birthdays.
- Or after the app takes you to a new page, click on My Minis and press Birthdays.
This action creates a shortcut that will automatically pull up your contacts’ birthday info, allowing you to remember the dates without difficulty.
If you open the Birthday Page on a friend’s birthday, the app will prompt you to send them a snap to congratulate them. When you press the Send a Birthday Snap option, you’ll open the Snapchat camera. Snapchat adds a birthday sticker to the image and decorates it with effects like AR balloons or birthday hats. You can let your friend know you’re thinking of them by sending a single, sweet photo. Alternatively, record a heartfelt video message.
How to Find Birthdays in Snapchat on an iPhone
Snapchat works well on iPhone devices and helps millions of users connect to their loved ones. One of its most impressive features is the Birthday Page, which lets you view upcoming birthdays and reminds you to appreciate the people in your online life. To access the page, follow these instructions:
- Launch the mobile app from the home screen.
- Navigate to the bottom of the interface and select Chat from the navigation bar.
- Tap a friend’s username from your chat history.
- Press the rocket-shaped icon.
- Click on Minis and select Birthdays.
The app will scan your contacts and compile a list of upcoming birthdays. The top results feature fast-approaching birthdays, while the rest is reserved for dates in the following months.
Users can also create a Birthday Page shortcut for quick access. Here’s what you need to do:
- Open the mobile app and go to the bottom of the screen.
- Choose Games and Minis and pick Birthdays.
- Snapchat will generate a new page. Press My Minis and tap Birthdays.
The app does more than just store personal information. When you visit the page on a friend’s birthday, Snapchat will alert you and ask you to send them a kind and supportive snap. Picking the “Send a Birthday Snap” option opens your camera, and the picture is decorated with celebratory stickers, like hats and balloons. If you want to send a more personal message, you can record a video and add a dash of brightness to your friend’s special day.
How to Find Birthdays in SnapChat on an iPad
Although Snapchat wasn’t designed for iPads, users bypass these restrictions by tweaking their Apple Store settings. If you prefer to snap on your iPad, you can access several exciting features, including the platform’s Birthday Page. The following steps will help you access your contacts’ birthday info:
- Open the app and navigate to the bottom of the screen.
- Choose the Chat option from the navigation menu.
- Click on a friend’s username in your chat threads.
- Tap the rocket-shaped icon.
- Hit Minis and press Birthdays.
The top results will display upcoming birthdays. As you go down the list, you’ll see birthdays that are coming up in the next few weeks.
Users who are unsure they can remember all this information can make a shortcut to take them directly to the Birthday Page. To do so:
- Launch the app and scroll to the bottom of the interface.
- Press Games and Minis and hit Birthdays.
- Or after the platform redirects you to a new page, scroll down and choose Birthdays.
The feature also allows you to partake in a virtual celebration and send your friends cheerful birthday snaps. If it’s a friend’s birthday, open the Snapchat camera and take a picture full of animations, like balloons or hat stickers. Record a video message and decorate its edge with fun stickers to let your friend know you care.
Why can’t I see my contacts’ birthday data?
If the Birthday Page can’t generate data for some of your Snapchat contacts, they haven’t granted the app permission to use that information. The same applies to your account. Unless you’ve allowed the platform to display the information, your contacts won’t be able to find your birthday. Additionally, the birthday feature only displays a user’s date of birth, but not their age or year of birth.
Never Forget a Birthday Again
Finding a friend’s birthday on Snapchat shouldn’t be challenging. We share much of our lives online, so maintaining and strengthening virtual relationships has become increasingly important. Fortunately, Snapchat boasts an easy-to-use interface, and most users won’t have trouble using the app to look up their contacts’ birthday info.
Have you used Snapchat’s Birthday Page before? If so, on which device? Let us know in the comments section below.