How To Fix Firestick Error plr_prs_call_failed
Everyone loves to relax after a long day at work. For some, it’s about playing their favorite game. For others, it’s watching videos or movies on their Amazon Firestick. But what happens if you start a movie, click the “Play” button, and instead of being welcomed with a video screen, you get a message reading, “
error code: plr_prs_call_failed?”
It can be a bit frustrating, that’s for sure. But if you’ve experienced this error, you’ve come to the right place. This article will share actionable tips on how to resolve the annoying issue.
Firestick Error Code plr_prs_call_failed
Even if you were able to use Prime Video previously, you might suddenly be prevented from playing your favorite content due to the “
error code plr_prs_call_failed” issue. There’s a chance the problem is due to Amazon Prime Video’s own server issues. Their server may be down when you try to access the video.
You can exit and restart the app, which can sometimes remedy many common issues. This will reboot your Prime Video app processes and give them a fresh start.
Or maybe your account settings are affecting how you access and stream content on your Firestick. In most situations, you can fix the “error code plr_prs_call_failed” issue by manually configuring your Prime Video settings. Below are detailed steps on how to do so:
- Launch Amazon Prime Video on your TV.
- Use your Amazon Fire TV remote’s navigation buttons to head to the Settings tab.
- Choose the “Settings” option and navigate to “Applications.”
- Click on “Manage Installed applications” and select the “Prime Video” option from the “Installed Applications” section.
Steps 5 and 6 will adjust your Prime video application frame rate.
- Click on “Clear Data” so that the data is deleted.
- Continue with “Clear Cache” to delete all cache files.
- After you’re done, return to the main menu.
- Start a movie and click on the “Play” button.
Your video should play without issues now. However, if the issue wasn’t resolved, you can continue with the steps below.
Disable Your IPv6
If you have IPv6 while on a broadband connection, you won’t have access to Amazon Prime Video. Plus, it may cause errors that spoil your entertainment time. If you received the “error code plr_prs_call_failed” error and the above steps weren’t of help, try disabling your IPv6 settings on the router. Before you start, make sure to follow the user manual suggestions or have your network service provider change it.
Tweak the Advanced Connection Settings
Switching off the IPv6 sometimes won’t be enough to solve this issue. You may be required to check additional Firestick internet settings. Apply the following steps if you received the “plr_prs_call_failed error” while using a Fire TV Stick.
- Open your Fire TV Stick’s settings.
- Navigate to “My Fire TV” then “About” section and choose “Network.”
- Go over the information there.
- Make sure the IP address, SSID, Subnet Mask, DNS, and Gateway are there.
- Jot the details regarding them separately.
- Configure your internet settings. If you’re on Wi-Fi, go to your Fire TV Settings.
- Go to “Network.”
- Select the “Join Other Network” option.
- Head to the “No security” option.
- Click on “Advanced.”
- Enter the IP address and gateway from step 4 inside the respective text fields.
- Type “
24” in front of the label reading “network fixed-length.”
- Tweak the DNS settings as listed below:
- DNS1: 188.8.131.52
- DNS2: 184.108.40.206
- DNS1: 220.127.116.11
- Press the “Connect” button to finish.
You have now tweaked your advanced connection settings, and the Fire TV Stick should be able to play content without interruptions.
Note that you may be getting the “plr_prs_call_failed” error if your app is corrupted or outdated. If the steps above didn’t help, try troubleshooting or reinstalling the Prime Video app. You can reinstall the app by deleting it from your device and downloading and installing it again from your device’s app store. Once you reinstall, try playing your favorite content again.
As a last resort, before contacting Amazon’s customer service, you can try to tweak your location settings and deregister your Amazon account.
Tweak Your Location Settings
- Open any browser and navigate to your Amazon account settings.
- Go to “Manage Your Content and Devices.”
- Head over to the “Preferences” tab and choose “Country/Region Settings.”
- Select “Change.”
- Enter your personal information details.
- Select “Update.”
- Follow the steps below on how to deregister your Amazon account.
Deregister Your Amazon Account
- Launch your Amazon Fire TV and navigate to the home screen.
- Go to “Settings,” then “My Account.”
- Select your Amazon Account and click on “Deregister,” then “Deregister” again to confirm.
- Re-register your account.
- Navigate to “Settings,” then “My Account,” then “Register.”
- Type in your Amazon e-mail address and click “Next.”
- Enter the password and hit “Sign-in.”
Contact Amazon Support
If none of the solutions above worked, you can always contact Amazon’s customer support service and report your Prime Video issues while using Firestick. In some instances, the customer service representatives may be able to fix the problem on their part.
Making Amazon Fire TV Stick Great Again
Even though it’s a fantastic device, Amazon Fire TV Stick isn’t exempt from occasional errors that may spoil your streaming experience. Sometimes, the issue may involve your remote control. But often, it’s a common connection issue many users report, like the “
Thankfully, there’s a solution to every problem, and this one is no exemption. This article shared a few methods to help you solve the connection problem on your Firestick. We recommend starting with the first one since it’s the most commonly accepted solution across the web.
Did you resolve the Firestick “
error code plr_prs_call_failed” issue? Which method helped you fix the problem? Share your experience in the comments section below.