The Best Free Sites to Send Text Messages Online
Even though most people use numerous social apps to communicate with family and friends, text messaging still has its uses. Many aren’t aware that you don’t need a phone to send an SMS. Nowadays, various online texting tools enable you to send a text using computers, laptops, and tablets, completely free of charge.
If you’re interested in learning more about free online texting tools, you’ve come to the right place. This article will introduce you to such tools and discuss their features.
One of the most popular free online texting tools is Textfree. Besides enabling you to send unlimited free text messages, this app can be used to send pictures, videos, and emojis. Plus, you can make Wi-Fi calls for free. Textfree is available for desktops, Android, and iOS.
What are the flaws? The app features ads some users may find frustrating. Other than that, this is a great app with numerous interesting options.
Here’s how to use Textfree:
1. Download the app, depending on the platform you’re using. If you have an Android, download it from the Play Store. If you’re an iOS user, download the app from the App Store. Computer users can use the website.
2. Choose your phone number by searching the area codes.
3. Type your message.
Offers unlimited free texts and calls
Supports group messaging, chat, and voicemail
Free unlimited international SMS
Sends text messages to non-app users
Easy to install and use
- Can become expensive for metered data plans
Another great tool for free texting is OpenTextingOnline. The app enables you to send messages to people around the world, free of charge. You can send texts, pictures, videos, or audio files. Best of all, you don’t have to register to use the service.
One potential flaw of this app is that it doesn’t support group messaging. But, if you’re not planning on sending group texts, this app is an excellent choice.
Follow the steps below to use OpenTextingOnline:
1. Visit opentextingonline.com.
2. Choose the destination country and type in the phone number.
3. Enter your message and add a picture, video, or audio file if you want. Keep in mind the maximum file size is 300 KB.
4. Press “Send Text.”
This app also enables you to receive replies to your messages. If you want to take advantage of this option, you’ll need to provide your email address.
- Less time is needed to communicate
- It is easier to type SMS
- It is very polite and cost effective way for sending information
- SMS size is limited
- No guarantee that SMS will be delivered to its destination
TextEm is an excellent app for sending free messages, but it requires you to create an account. Although some users may prefer anonymity, creating an account has numerous benefits. For example, you can create lists of frequent contacts and receive replies in your TextEm inbox.
TextEm undoubtedly offers interesting features. However, if you’re looking for an app that enables texting outside the U.S., this isn’t the app for you. Also, keep in mind that TextEm doesn’t allow bulk messaging; you can’t send the same message to more than one person at once.
- Software very easy to use
- Saves us so much time and money
- Conflicts with the Do Not Call registry
Another free SMS service worthy of your attention is SendSMSNow. If you want to use it, you’ll need to create an account. Once you create it, you can generate a phonebook, add profile pictures, and receive replies. This service also enables you to add a “text me” button to your website or social media page.
While texting a single person is free, SendSMSNow charges for group messaging. You’ll be charged a cent for every recipient. So, if you want to send a message to 10 people, you’ll be charged $0.10.
Before you create an account with SendSMSNow, check whether the service supports the desired country.
Follow the instructions below to use SendSMSNow:
1. Go to sendsmsnow.com and create your profile.
2. Choose the recipient’s country and enter the phone number.
3. Type the text and press “Send SMS.”
The maximum character number for a message is 130.
- You can send to many different countries around the world
- Free SMS
- Little sketchy about sending text messages
- Not be legal or following telecommunication compliance laws
txtDrop enables users from the U.S. and Canada to send text messages for free. The service has existed since 2013, and many people use it today. You don’t have to create an account to use it, but you can provide your email address if you want to receive replies.
Many Mac and Windows users love txtDrop because it offers a widget. The widget enables you to send messages through txtDrop without visiting the website.
Here’s what you need to do to use txtDrop:
1. Visit txtdrop.com.
2. Enter your recipient’s phone number, type the text, and press “Send.” If you want to get replies, enter your email address.
Keep in mind that this service doesn’t support international or group texting.
This site is completely free of charge with no registration required.
It has a straightforward interface and procedure, very fast and efficient.
You can receive replies from your recipient by entering your email.
TextDrop does not work for recipients outside of the United States and Canada.
If you’re looking for worldwide support and instant delivery, WiFi Text may be an excellent choice. Plus, the service doesn’t feature ads and enables you to send and receive attachments. Although it was established in 2018, WiFi Text has quickly become one of the most popular mobile texting solutions.
Follow the instructions below to use WiFi text:
2. Create an account.
3. Type in the recipient’s information and your text, and press “Send.”
- Less time is needed to communicate
- No payment required
- Send and receive your favorite pictures and attachments
- SMS size is limited
- Can only use with WiFi
If you want to send free text messages to users worldwide, mySMS may be the right choice. It supports Android, iOS, and desktops and offers numerous interesting features. This service is unique because it syncs with your mobile device and uses your existing number for free texting. Plus, you can personalize it with different themes, mirror texts from one phone to another, etc.
mySMS also offers a premium version that costs $9.99 per year and comes with extra options. For example, the premium version allows backing up messages, scheduling texts, accessing message history, etc.
Here’s how to use mySMS:
1. Go to mysms.com and download the right app for your device.
2. Sign up for the service.
3. Enter the recipient’s info and start texting.
- Available on every major platform
- MMS support
- Text other mysms users for free
- Not many advanced features
- Have to trust mysms with your contacts
Sending free text messages worldwide without creating an account is possible with FoxText. You can use this service on any smartphone, Mac, or PC, no matter where you live. With a maximum SMS limit of 120 characters, FoxText meets most users’ needs. However, if you want to send bulk texts, this isn’t the right app for you. Plus, the service takes around a minute to process the message before sending it.
Follow the steps below to use FoxText:
1. Open your browser and go to foxtext.com.
2. Enter the phone number to which you want to send a message.
3. Type in the text and press “Send.”
- No payment required
- Secure web page allowing users to send text messages or to make calls from a virtual phone online
- The call/message takes some time to process, around 1 minute
- Site constantly asks you to share their services through Facebook or other social media
Another service that provides free text message sending and receiving is TextNow. Besides messaging, TextNow offers free nationwide calls and low-cost international calling. A stable internet connection is everything you’ll need to use this service. TextNow is available for Android, iOS, Mac, and PC. Keep in mind that you’ll need to sign up to use the service.
Like most free online texting tools, TextNow features a user-friendly interface. Here’s how to use it:
1. Go to textnow.com or download the right app for your device.
2. Create an account, after which you’ll receive your phone number.
3. Enter the recipient’s info and your message.
4. Press “Send.”
- Automatically uses Wi-Fi first to save data usage
- Taxes & fees included in plan pricing
- Hotspot use only available on CDMA network
- Call quality can suffer on non-TextNow phones