How to Clear Continue Watching in Funimation
Continue Watching on Funimation is a useful option when you return to a show you were watching on the streaming platform and want to keep watching from where you left off.
But if you don’t want to continue watching or wish to binge an entire season from the beginning, then Continue Watching is a nuisance. Why?
Well, with Funimation, to see a show from the start, you’ll need to fully rewind. Currently, Funimation doesn’t give you the option to simply start over. But this doesn’t mean you can’t clear Continue Watching.
This article explores the tried and tested methods to do it with some handy tips along the way.
How to Clear Continue Watching
At first glance, it might seem tricky to clear Continue Watching on Funimation. There isn’t one button or option that allows you to remove Continue Watching throughout your account or on a particular series.
But this doesn’t mean it’s impossible to do it. Here’s how to perform the action if you’re a PC and Android user.
- Open the anime you’ve watched on Funimation via a browser.
- Launch the Funimation app on an Android device.
- Click on Version, then select Uncut in the browser and the app.
- Within the Android app, open an episode you already watched but don’t want to continue.
- Tap the progress bar and move it to the beginning.
- Let the show play for a few seconds, then exit the episode.
- You’ll see that the purple progress bar is now clear.
- The software will play the episode from the beginning when you access it again.
The same method works from within the browser. But it may take a few minutes of playback to clear the purple progress bar after moving it to the beginning of an episode. Or you might need to watch or fast forward to the end of an episode to clear Continue Watching.
The great thing about using the Funimation Android app is that you need to do that only on one episode within a season. Then, the rest of the episodes from that season automatically follow suit. As soon as you hit Play, you’re back at the beginning of an episode, and the purple progress bar gets cleared.
When you refresh Funimation within a browser, the changes take effect, and the Continue Watching setting is cleared there as well. Mind you, this only applies if you’re accessing the app from the same account.
When you clear Continue Watching as described above, you can binge an entire season without having to rewind anything or go through credits.
Also, installing the BlueStacks Android emulator allows you to access and use the Funimation mobile version on your PC or Mac. It’s a good option because the app runs smoother and faster than within a browser.
Since everything happens within the Funimation app itself, the steps are the same as it is with PC and Android users. But it won’t hurt to retrace them.
- Launch Funimation from Safari on any other browser.
- Access the app from your iPhone or iPad.
- Go to an episode of a series you’ve watched via the mobile app.
- Tap the playback progress bar and slide it to the beginning.
- Let the playback run for a few seconds, then exit the episode.
- The action should clear Continue Watching for the entire season.
- Refresh the browser to see if changes have taken effect.
If the methods from above don’t work, you can try one of the following methods.
- Open a season of an anime and select the last episode.
- Advance to the episode’s end, let it run till the end, then exit.
This action should clear Continue Watching for the entire season. The method works on mobile and browser versions of the streaming services and across different devices.
No. 2 Alternative – Clear History
Clearing Funimation history is probably the fastest way to remove Continue Watching. But keep in mind that it will clear the history for all the episodes you watched within the app. In other words, you’ll lose progress on the episodes that you might want to continue watching.
- Launch Funimation and navigate to Queue.
- Click or tap History, then click or tap Clear History.
The software might ask you to confirm your action. Once done, it’ll then clear all the progress bars.
This is easy but doesn’t really provide the best user experience. Some people like to quickly preview shows to choose which one they like, but this quickly fills up the watch history.
Ideally, Funimation in the future will include a button or an option to remove Continue Watching on specific episodes.
When all is said and done, you need to resort to small hacks to clear Continue Watching on Funimation. But this certainly doesn’t lessen the anime quality this streaming service features.
Also, Funimation has recently become part of Crunchyroll, so it’s safe to assume that the software will improve with future updates.
What’s your favorite anime on Funimation? Have you tried any other anime-streaming apps?
Tell us more in the comments below.