How To Get to Zandalar in World of Warcraft
Zandalar is a new zone in the WoW (World of Warcraft) Battle for Azeroth extension. The location offers one-of-a-kind loots, stories, dungeons, and quest lines.
Shamanistic Trolls live in Zandalar, and they utilize a combo of blood and voodoo magic to fight and survive. This is important to know because even the weakest-looing troll can be a severe threat while you’re exploring Zandalar. However, you can make Zandalari your allies, and this article details the quest to do it.
But, before you get to know this mysterious zone and its inhabitants, there are certain things you need to do.
How To Get to Zandalar in World of Warcraft
Before accessing Zandalar, there are a few quests to complete. Of course, you need to be in the character of Horde.
- Begin by completing the quest where you remember the Lordaeron battle. You’ll need to play through the quest before moving on.
- With that out of the way, make your way to Silithus and talk to Magni Bronzebeard. The ex dwarven king will tell you about specific disturbances happening in the new gameplay.
- While talking to Bronzebeard, you’ll get a better understanding of the Heart of Azeroth. And temporarily, you’ll assist in making the Heart of Azeroth stable. Thereon, you’ll return to Orgrimamar to complete a unique task given by Sylvanas.
- The task makes you a member of a rescue team to bring back two Zandalar Trolls who are held hostage at the Stormwind Barracks. The mission is to get into the Barracks and save the Trolls, and they’ll help you get back to Zandalar.
- Now, when you’re in Zandalar, proceed to create your embassy. You do it by locating an innkeeper, then setting the Heartstone so you can quickly come back.
Bonus Tip: Should you leave Zandalar, you can navigate back if you take the Orgrimmar portal.
How To Get Back to Zandalar From Orgrimmar in WOW
Both Horde and Alliance players can get back to Zandalar from Orgrimmar. The tasks and actions to get there are different, and here’s what you should know.
- The steps assume that you have a foothold in Zandalar, but you’ve left for whatever reason.
- Get into Wind’s Redemption (it’s in Boralus) and talk to Grand Admiral Jes-Tereth. This is where to find the scouting map for Zandalar Campaign and the Mission Command Table.
- Follow the gameplay and use the map and the table to find your way back to Zandalar.
- You need to complete or start the Zuldazar quest to be able to go back to Zandalar from Orgrimmar.
- Once you do that, go to Orgrimmar Portal Room and use the portal to transport yourself to Zandalar. Alternatively, you can hop aboard a boat at the Echo Isles (they’re in Durotar), and it’ll take you to Zandalar.
What Quest Takes You to Zandalar
The goal of getting to Zandalar is to make the Zandalari Trolls your allies. There’s a whole quest chain to complete to be able to use a Zandalari in your gameplay.
To access Zandalari, the Zandalari Empire must Exalt you, which is something you can achieve with World Quests, for example. If you haven’t been Exalted, complete that first. Also, you’ll need to finish the War Campaign.
With that out of the way, navigate to Orgrimmar and access the Horde Embassy to start making the Zandalari your allies.
Unlocking the Zandalari
The following steps tell you how to make the race your allies. But you should know that there’ll be some spoilers of the quest sequence.
- Inside the Horde Embassy, you’ll find out that Zandalari will become part of the Horde. Since King Rastakhan died, Takanji needs to up the game and become Zandalari queen. Talanji will be grateful for your help and invite you to the crowing in Zuldazar.
- When you arrive, the Great Seal will be empty, but there’s an Emissary to brief you on what’s happening. Go to the end of the hall and talk to him, then you’ll participate in the crowning ritual at Zanchul. Hop onto the Direhorn waiting for you and follow the procession.
- As you move along, you’ll get more information about what will happen. If the future queen wants something, you’re the one to relay the message to her people. But not everybody loves the idea of Takanji as a queen, and you’ll need to battle these naysayers.
- In Zocalo, there are riots, and the future queen will task you with fixing them. The challenge is that you can use force only as a last resort. Make sure to remember the name Enforcer Malzon reveals; it’s the White Widow.
- The name will pop up more than a few times as you clear the riots, but you won’t be able to find the widow. Go back to Zanchul to ask for help from Talanji. When you get there, you’ll realize whole hell broke loose.
- Bwonsamdi priestess got killed, and more priests are held captive. You need to release them and deal with Prelate, who caused the mess. Afterward, you’ll go back to Talanji and go to meet the Zanchuli Council she assembled in the meantime. The council has three new members. First being Torollan you met at Nazmir, Rakera is also there, and the same goes for Jo’nok, a Torcali representative.
- Suddenly, the council gets cocooned into spider webbing, and the woman you met at the Terrace of the Choose reveals her true face. This is the White Widow, and you need to defeat her and her spiders.
- That done, you can finally witness Talanji’s crowing, but you can’t interfere. However, Krag’wa wants you to help him understand how far Takanji will go to safeguard her people. You’ll become a firefly, and you’ll keep avoiding Krag’wa’s minions with Talanji’s help. Thereon, you need to go to Gonk, who has a question for the future queen.
- After Gonk speaks out, you’ll go to Pa’ku and complete the challenge he sets for you and the future queen. You need to climb up the pyramid, fighting the winds that come your way. At the top, the winds stop, and you receive a compliment.
- Then, you meet Bwonsamdi, who has a new deal for Talanji to leave her at peace. The condition for the agreement is quite unique, but Talanji accepts it. From that moment on, you won’t be necessary because it marks the end of the crowning ritual.
- Talanji will have her speech, and Zandalari will become a part of the Horde. You’ll be asked to locate Sylvanas and relay Talanji’s invitation to meet her at the Great Seal. Despite not being thrilled with the invitation, Silvanas will come with you.
- Inside the throne room, Talanji will present her offer, and Zandalari finally join the Horde as equals. Also, she prevents Sylvanas from challenging the idea.
What Happens Next?
Once the quest is over, and Talanji is the queen, you can play and roll Zandalari Trolls. Also, you help close an important chapter in Zandalari history because you assist the dead king’s daughter to ascend to the throne.
It remains to be seen how Zandalari will fare in the Battle for Azeroth. But since you made them allies, they are off to a much better start compared to before the quest. There’s a possibility that Sylvanas won’t respect the Zandalari regardless of the agreement.
But, with the release of a new patch for the game, you can level a Zandalari and utilize their powers.
Searching for Zandalar
In the ever-evolving WoW universe, Zandalar is undoubtedly one of the most exciting zones to explore. If nothing else, you get the chance to make Zandalari your allies and become stronger in the process.
And yes, it’s not uncommon to get confused about how to get to Zandalar in the first place, but you now know all the quests and actions that will take you to this zone. Complete the quests, and you’ll be able to whizz in and out of Zandalar without trial and error.
Do you like the Battle of Azeroth extensions? Do you know any other quests or tricks that unlock Zandalar? Feel free to give us your two cents in the comments below.