How to Turn Subtitles On or Off on a Hisense Smart TV
Subtitles may offer many benefits. Maybe you’re distracted by surrounding noises or you’re watching a movie in a foreign language. Whatever the case, it’s handy to know how to turn subtitles on (or off) on your Hisense TV.
If you’ve been looking for steps on how to do so, you’ve come to the right place. We’ll share tips on turning subtitles on or off on your Hisense TV, but also on Netflix and Disney Plus. Without further ado, let’s dive right in.
How to Turn Subtitles On and Off on a Hisense TV
The Hisense TV remote comes with dedicated buttons for subtitles. To turn on the subtitles on your Hisense TV, follow the steps below:
- Get your Hisense TV remote.
- Press the “Subtitle” key. This key is located under the key “9” on your remote.
- A new window will show on your TV saying “Subtitle.” Use the arrow key on your remote to press “On.”
You have now enabled subtitles for your Hisense TV. Alternatively, you can go to the “Settings” page and navigate to “Subtitles.”
But what happens if you want subtitles in a different language than the program? No worries – you can adjust the subtitles to match your target language. Just follow the steps below:
- Press the “Quick menu” key on your remote. It’s the button located under the red line key.
- Use the remote to navigate through the menu that shows on your Hisense TV. Scroll to “Settings” and press the “OK” key on your remote.
- Once you’re in the “Settings” section, scroll to “System” and press “OK” again.
- Find the “Language and Location” section and press “OK” to enter it.
- Scroll to “Primary Subtitle” and press “OK.”
- Find the desired language from the list. For example, click on “Spanish” and press “OK” to get Spanish subtitles.
- Press the “Exit” key on your remote to go back to the program. It’s the key next to the “Home” key.
You have now adjusted the subtitles on your Hisense TV.
Note: If you insert a subtitle file manually from your computer, make sure the .srt file is named in the same way as the corresponding video. Or the TV won’t recognize it.
However, there’s no rule saying that you have to use subtitles all the time. Sometimes, they can be more distracting than helpful. Fortunately, turning them off is even more straightforward. To do so, follow the steps below:
- Get your Hisense TV remote.
- Press the “Subtitle” key on the remote located under the key “9”.
- On the new window, select “Off” by using the arrow key on your remote.
You have now turned off subtitles for your Hisense TV.
How to Turn Subtitles On and Off in Netflix on a Hisense TV
Netflix has shows and movies from all around the world. Whether you’re watching a show for fun or learning a new language, turning the subtitles on can be a real lifesaver. Fortunately, you can turn on or switch between available subtitle languages on your Hisense TV. Just follow the steps below:
- Start the Netflix application on your Hisense TV.
- Play any movie or TV show episode.
- Navigate over the options panel.
- Press “Audio & Subtitles.”
- Make your subtitle selection and return to the options panel.
- Select “Play” to continue watching your content with subtitles.
Depending on your TV’s model, you can also turn the subtitles after the playback:
- Start the Netflix app on your Hisense TV.
- Play a movie or a TV show.
- Press the “Up” or “Down” key on your remote.
- Select the “Dialog” icon.
- Turn the subtitles on.
To turn off subtitles, simply follow the steps above and select “Off” from the subtitle options menu.
How to Turn Subtitles On and Off in Disney Plus on a Hisense TV
You can use the Closed Captions menu (press the “CC” button on your remote) to set up subtitles for your Disney Plus video content.
If you have an Android Hisense TV, follow the steps below:
- Launch your Disney plus app.
- Start the movie you want to turn subtitles for.
- Tap on the subtitle button from the upper right-hand of the screen. If you don’t see the button, press “Up” or “Down” on your remote and navigate to the Dialog icon to enter the Subtitles settings.
- Select your preferred language.
- You should now see the subtitles on the screen.
To turn subtitles off, simply repeat steps 1-3 and press “Off.”
Where Is the CC Button on a Hisense Remote?
Hisense TVs manufactured after December 2016 come with additional accessibility features for the hearing impaired. These are mostly assistive technologies for basic TV functions, text menus, and video descriptions.
CC or Closed Captioning is one of the earliest assistive technologies available. It helps the hearing impaired by showing the text of the audio on the TV screen, which makes CC similar to subtitles in a way.
To turn on closed captioning, the program must support this feature. Users can turn closed captions on or off under the “Accessibility” category in the “Settings” menu.
Alternatively, you can simply press the CC button on the remote. The button is labeled “CC” and can be found under key “7” or above the Netflix button on the remote.
If you don’t see such a button on your remote, you should use the “Subtitle” key located below the numeric “9”. In that case, follow the steps above on how to turn subtitles on or off on a Hisense TV.
Managing Subtitles on Hisense TV Explained
Watching anything with subtitles comes with a lot of perks. You can use them as a foreign language learning tool, overcome surrounding noises, and actually follow what’s happening on screen. To turn on subtitles on a Hisense TV, you can either do so via the “CC” or “Subtitles” button or the streaming application itself.
Hopefully, this article answered all your questions regarding how to turn subtitles on or off on a Hisense TV. Please share your thoughts in the comments below.