How to Add Games to Discord Library
Discord is one of the most popular (if not the most popular) communication apps for gamers. It offers a considerable amount of useful perks and options for gamers and is built to work in the background, as seamlessly as possible, with any game.
Typically, Discord will recognize newly installed games and display them in the Library section in the Home tab. However, some games simply won’t be there, and on the wrong day, it can be beyond annoying, even if it isn’t a huge issue in the grand scheme of things.
Discord Game Activity
Discord doesn’t really have a library per se. What it does have is Activity Status. This feature lets others know which game you’re playing and even keeps a list of games you’ve played in the past.
When a game is running on the same device as Discord, Discord should automatically show the game in the ‘Activity Status’ section. The application can detect any processes running on your device and show the game you’re currently playing.
To see your Activity Status on Discord, do this:
- Start your game and open Discord.
- Click on the Settings cog in the lower left-hand corner.
- Click on ‘Registered Games.’ Older versions of Discord listed this option under Activity Status.
- The game you’re playing right now should automatically appear.
- Scroll down to see a list of the games you’ve played previously.
If you want to see what game someone else is playing, click on ‘Friends’ in the upper right-hand corner of Discord. Then, view your friends and the game they’re currently playing.
Of course, users can always turn this status off, and we’ll show you how to do that below. But, if your game doesn’t show for some reason, you can add your favorite games to Discord.
How to Change Activity Status
Although Discord doesn’t give us a Library option, it does give us an Activity Status option. Fortunately, we can make that status say anything we want!
If your game Library isn’t showing the games you’re playing; you can easily add it. Here’s how:
- Open Discord on your device and open the game you’re playing.
- Click on the User Settings icon in the lower right-hand corner.
- Scroll down and click on ‘Registered Games‘ (formerly Activity Status).
- Click the ‘Add it‘ hyperlink under Activity Status.
- Select your game from the dropdown list.
- Click on ‘Add Game‘ in the lower right-hand corner of the pop-up window.
This is a really simple process that only takes a few minutes. You can use this to mess with your friends or hide the game you’re really playing too!
How to Turn Off Game Activity
You may want to hide your current activities from another person for many reasons. Whether you need a break from playing with a certain gamer, or you’re playing a game that you don’t want anyone to know about, you can hide your Activity Status on Discord.
All you need to do is open Discord and follow these steps:
- Click on the Setting cog in the lower left-hand corner.
- Click on ‘Activity Privacy.’
- Toggle off the option next to ‘Display current activity as a status message.’
Turning this option off means that others will not see what game you’re playing. Of course, you can also turn off your online status altogether by clicking on your Discord avatar in the bottom right-hand corner.
How to Turn Off Game Activity on Discord Mobile
If you’re using the Discord mobile app, you can’t add or remove games from your Game Activity. But, you can disable your Activity Status so no one can see what you’re playing. Here’s how:
- Open the Discord Mobile app and tap on the profile button in the lower right.
- Scroll down and tap on Activity Status.
- Toggle the switch next to Display current activity as a status message.
When you flip the switch to the left it will turn grey and your game will no longer appear in your activity.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are more answers to your questions about Discord’s game status.
I don’t see ‘Game Activity’ in Discord. What’s happening?
It should be mentioned that Game Activity now appears as Registered Games. If you’re using an older version of Discord you should see Game Activity, but if Discord is updated you will not see that option.
Another thing to consider is that the ‘Game Activity’ option is only available in the Discord application. If you’re using a web browser, you will not see ‘Game Activity.’
If you’re looking for this option, you must use the desktop application.
You will see the Registered Games option (as shown above). But you will not see the Add it button, meaning you can’t add a game to Discord using the web browser.
Can I add a game to Discord on the mobile app?
No. The mobile app version of Discord only lets you turn on or off your game activity. But, it doesn’t let you add which game you’re playing.
Although the Discord Library isn’t going to detect all games in existence, it usually works for the majority. Even if the game isn’t detectable, adding it to your “now playing” status is just a few clicks away.
What do you like the most about Discord and Discord Nitro? Do you use the Library frequently? Have you a need to add games to your “now playing” status? Discuss this, and everything else Discord- and gaming-related in the comments section below.