How to Automatically Post From Facebook to Instagram
Third-party automated Facebook and Instagram posts have become tremendous time-savers for many marketers out there. But did you know you can automatically post from Facebook to Instagram on your own? Better yet, this is a fairly simple task that can save you additional time and money. If this is something that speaks to you, you’re in the right place.
In this article, we’ll tell you everything you need to know when it comes to posting from FB to IG.
Cross-posting from IG to FB has been out there for a while. Publishing your post on Facebook through Instagram, on the other hand, is a relatively new feature that was love at first sight for many business owners. There’s no need for hefty third-party tools anymore; you can be completely in charge of your social media accounts.
Here’s what you need to know and do to make this feature possible:
- You must have a business Instagram account.
- This Instagram account has to be connected to a page you manage on Facebook.
- Disable (if enabled) the two-factor Instagram authentication. For security reasons, Instagram won’t let you cross-post if you have this authentication type enabled. We recommend carefully weighing the potential consequences and benefits of this action and making your choice accordingly. It’s definitely more convenient to leave the two-factor authentication disabled if you’re going to use cross-posting all the time.
Linking Your Facebook and Instagram
- Go to the Facebook page you manage and select the Settings section in the left-hand menu.
- Choose the Instagram option from the menu.
- Click on the Connect to Instagram option.
- A new window will appear, asking you to sign in to Instagram. This will link your accounts.
Creating Your Post
- Head over to your Facebook Page and start writing a new post.
- Include one photo in your post. The image can be of any size or orientation. Just make sure it’s not taller than the 4:3 ratios.
- Include a caption. It will be identical on Instagram and Facebook.
- Add hashtags in the Facebook post directly. If you don’t want your FB post to contain hashtags, you can add them separately to your Instagram post later by editing it. You can also edit the FB post after publishing and remove the hashtags.
Publishing Your Post
- Make sure only to upload one photo, as the multiple photo option might not be available. Also, the Facebook to Instagram posting function is not available for all pages.
- When you add content to your post, tick the Instagram box in the post sharing options.
- This will share your Facebook post to both your FB and IG pages automatically. You can only share both posts now without the option to schedule them for later.
Another great option for posting to Instagram from your Facebook account is through Facebook’s Creator Studio. But to be able to use this feature, you need to have a business FB account. If you do, here’s what the whole process looks like:
- Log in to your Facebook business page on your desktop.
- Click on this link to access Creator Studio.
- You’ll see a Facebook and Instagram icon in the center top. Select the one you wish to post to.
- When you click on the Instagram icon, it will change colors. You can then create posts for both your feed and IGTV.
- Choose the Insta account you wish to post to. Remember, your account has to be linked to your business Facebook page.
- Add content to your upload page.
How to Automatically Post Facebook Photos Directly to Instagram?
There are two ways to post Facebook photos to IG: Using Facebook’s Creator Studio or by posting from your Facebook Page. For both options to work, you need to have Business accounts and use a Facebook desktop. Also, you need to have your accounts linked.
To post a photo from Creator Studio, follow the steps below:
- Log in to your FB business page.
- Click on this link to access Creator Studio.
- Tap on the Instagram icon at the top and create an Insta post.
- Add a photo you wish to post along with the caption and hashtags.
- Post the content. If you want to post the same photo to your FB page, tick the Post to Facebook box.
To post from your Facebook Page, follow the steps below:
- Start writing a new post on your Facebook Page.
- Make sure only to upload one photo, as multiple photo sharing to Instagram is not available yet.
- Include a caption and hashtags.
- Tick the Instagram option in the sharing option box.
- Publish your photo.
Here are some more questions to help you get the most out of this topic.
Can I Automatically Post From Facebook to Instagram?
Absolutely. In this article, we’ve given you step-by-step instructions on how to post automatically from FB to IG. However, some conditions have to be met:
• You need to have a business IG and FB account.
• You need to have access to a Facebook page that you manage.
• You can only post to IG from that Facebook page.
• You should disable the two-factor authentication feature on Instagram.
Why Can’t I Post From Facebook to Instagram?
Maybe you’ve linked your Instagram and Facebook accounts, but you don’t see the option to post from Facebook. This might be because you don’t use a business IG account. Also, you need to have access to a specific Facebook page and post from there. You can also only use this feature from your desktop. If you meet all these conditions and still can’t post, try relinking your accounts.
How Do I Connect Instagram With Facebook?
Connecting your Instagram and Facebook accounts is essential if you want to share across both platforms. Just follow these simple steps:
1. Log in to your Instagram account on your mobile device.
2. Head over to your profile page.
3. Tap on the three horizontal lines in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.
4. Tap on the Settings gear at the bottom of the side menu.
5. Go to Account and tap the Sharing to Other Apps option.
6. Select Facebook.
7. Type in your Facebook login information.
Now you’ll be able to share posts to Facebook from Instagram.
To connect your Facebook page with your Instagram account, do the following:
1. Go to your Facebook page and click on the Settings tab in the left sidebar menu.
2. Choose Instagram from the menu.
3. Click on the Connect to Instagram option.
4. A new window will appear, asking you to sign in to Instagram.
Your accounts will be linked once you sign in to your IG account.
Killing Two Birds With One Stone
Knowing how to share your Facebook post to Insta can be a real time saver. And it’s a pretty straightforward task to complete. That’s why we’ve provided you with detailed steps on how you can automatically post from one social network to another – effortlessly. However, you should keep in mind that you need a business IG account as well as a Facebook page you manage. Otherwise, you can only cross-post from Instagram to Facebook, not vice versa.
How has the feature of posting to both FB and IG at once helped you manage your business? Share your experiences in the comments section below.
Disclaimer: Some pages on this site may include an affiliate link. This does not effect our editorial in any way.
3 thoughts on “How to Automatically Post From Facebook to Instagram”