How to Change Location on OnlyFans
OnlyFans is a platform where creators of all types can share their content in exchange for a subscription. However, due to the platform’s location requirement, that’s not the only thing users share – whether they want to or not.
Showing your location may be a great way for others to find you on the platform, but it also opens the door for quite a few uncomfortable, sometimes scary, scenarios.
If you need to change your OnlyFans location, you’ve come to the right place. Keep reading to find out more about keeping your location private on the platform.
Changing Location on OnlyFans on PC
Depending on your goal, this OnlyFans feature might or might not help. If you want to permanently change your location on the platform, follow the steps outlined below.
- Log in to your account.
- Click on the 3 dot icon at the bottom left of the screen.
- Click on the “Settings” option.
- Select the “Profile.”
- Enter the new location and confirm.
Changing Location on OnlyFans Using Phone
You can change the app permissions on your iOS and Android devices, but it won’t mean much unless you’re a creator. OnlyFans can still track your location, even if you turn off sharing location in Settings. They can access your device’s GPS and IP address per the agreement everyone “signs” when starting an account. However, you can still try the steps below and see if it gives you the measure of privacy you need.
OnlyFans Location Settings on Android
For this one, you don’t go directly to the OnlyFans app. It has to be done in your phone’s Settings. Here is what you need to do:
- Find “Settings” on your phone’s Home Screen
- Scroll down to the “Apps”
- Find OnlyFans in your list of apps
- Select it and tap “Permissions”
- Tap “Location” and choose one of the offered options: “Allow only while using the app”, “Ask every time”, or “Don’t allow”.
OnlyFans Location Setting on iPhone
Not much different than the instructions for an Android. However, these two operating systems function differently, so there have to be at least a small different step. Here it is:
- Start with the Home Screen
- Find “Privacy & Security” in “Settings”
- Go to “Location Services”
- Find OnlyFans in the app list below
- Tap it and choose the option: “Never”, “Ask next time or when I share”, “While using the app”, or “Always”.
How to Change Location on OnlyFans Using VPN
Virtual Private Networks or VPNs can encrypt your real IP address and replace it with one from your chosen country. It’s a great solution for OnlyFans users for a couple of reasons. First, users can hide their location from others. Although it may make finding you a little more difficult on the platform, there are still other avenues that users can take that don’t endanger your safety.
The second reason is online safety. OnlyFans has a history of leaking user information, so you’ll want to take an extra step to keep your personal information away from prying eyes, and VPNs can help. If you’re interested in using VPN, here’s what you should do:
- Install the VPN app that works best for you.
- Open the app.
- Search for the country/location you want, and connect.
- Open OnlyFans and log in.
Your OnlyFans location will align with the one you chose in the VPN app.
How to Check If Your VPN Works
Not all VPN apps work with the same success. To check if you hid the IP address, visit a site like IPlocation.net or similar. It’ll display your visible IP address. If you check your current IP address and it’s showing your real one, try these steps:
- Reconnect to the VPN app.
- Clear cache to delete location information saved from other sites and apps
- Disable any app that tracks your geolocation
If none of these steps gives you results, then it’s time to change the VPN app.
Which VPN Is the Best for OnlyFans
Keep in mind that paid VPNs are a smart investment. Although there are free apps that work, the paid ones grant more options and a better overall customer experience. The monthly subscriptions aren’t too expensive, so there is no need to risk your safety with unverified apps. Here’s a list of suggested best VPN apps for OnlyFans:
- NordVPN – You can choose from a huge collection of 5,000 servers from all over the world.
- Surfshark – They offer a decent number of options and very fast servers for your connections. It’s a great option if you’re on a budget.
- IPVanish – It has been in business for 10 years now, and has numerous satisfied customers.
- ExpressVPN – They own high-quality servers in 94 countries and offer excellent security built-in tools. The app is easy to use, making the experience even better.
- CyberGhost – You can secure up to seven devices at the same time with their subscription plan. If privacy is your main concern, they have over 9,000 servers in 91 countries.
Block Countries, Areas, and IP Addresses on OnlyFans
Rather than hiding your location, you may want to move people away from it. Geo Blocking is an OnlyFans option that blocks certain locations and areas from seeing your content. Here’s how it’s done:
- Open “Settings” in your OnlyFans account.
- Find “Privacy and Safety.”
- Scroll down to find “Block by Country.”
- Select the country you want to block.
- In the sub-menu, choose the more specific location (optional).
You can add an IP address you want to block in the same section.
Difference Between Block and Restrict on OnlyFans
If you’re a new OnlyFans user, you might want to take better control over your account, but it’s easy to confuse the two terms.
Blocking People, Areas, and Countries
If you block an account, that means the person behind that account can’t see your profile. They can’t message you or subscribe, or interact with you in any way. It’s the same with blocked countries and areas – people who are located there won’t be able to see your profile.
Restricting an Account
If you restrict someone, they can still subscribe, buy your content, and access your page. However, they won’t be allowed to send you messages or interact with you.
These two options can be advantageous. People who aren’t comfortable showing their family and close friends what they’re up to on OnlyFans, can easily block or restrict them.
Can I set the location on my OnlyFans?
Yes, you can change location information in “Privacy Settings.”
Can OnlyFans track my location if I don’t share it?
Yes, they can. They have access to your IP address and your device’s GPS.
Can OnlyFans location be changed on any device?
Yes, you can change those settings on Windows, Android, or iOS.
Do you have to show your location on OnlyFans?
If you’re a creator, you don’t have to reveal your location. Although in some scenarios it may be more lucrative to share where you are for more content exposure, creators can opt for anonymity too.
Should I use VPN for OnlyFans?
It’s not mandatory, but yes, using a VPN to protect your private information is a good idea.
Updating Your Location on OnlyFans – Updating Your Online Safety
Even if you change location in the app, OnlyFans can track you down through your IP address and device GPS. It’s safer to use VPN apps, although not mandatory. It lets you surf without leaking personal information and set your location anywhere. You can also use Geo Blocking to block certain countries, areas, or IP addresses.
Did you find changing your location in the app or device permissions sufficient, or did you use a VPN? Let us know in the comments box below.