How to Delete a Snapchat Account Permanently
Snapchat can be a great app, but maybe you’re worried that someone might be taking hard copies of your photos without you knowing. Or you could just not be that into it anymore. In either case, you’re probably wondering: how does one delete a Snapchat account? Well, we’re here to explain.
Let’s take a look at how you can permanently delete your Snapchat account via the mobile app or the desktop website.
How to Delete Your Snapchat Account
Like most social media apps, it can be difficult to figure out exactly how to permanently delete your Snapchat account.
There are two ways to delete your Snapchat app: either on Snapchat’s desktop website or via the mobile app. We’ll go over both methods below.
How to Delete Your Snapchat Account on a Computer
First, we’ll take a look at how to delete your Snapchat account from the app’s desktop website.
- Once you’ve opened your web browser of choice go to Snapchat.com, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on Support.
- After you get to the Support page, type “delete my account” in the search bar. The option Delete My Account, will appear. Go ahead and click it.
- This will bring you to a page explaining the consequences and process of deleting your account. We recommend reading through this since it’s a permanent deletion; you want to make sure that you really want to delete your account. If you’re happy with what you’re reading, you can find the link to the Account Deletion Portal under the heading, How to delete your Snapchat account.
- After clicking that link, Snapchat will redirect you to a page asking you to log in to your Snapchat account. If all you see is a Snapchat login screen, then you can enter your email and password without deleting your account right away. Then, Snapchat will redirect you to another page asking you to delete your account. If Snapchat takes you directly to the deletion page, entering your email and password will permanently delete your account.
- After confirming the deletion, your account will first be deactivated for 30 days. If you decide you don’t want to permanently delete your account, just log back in. Otherwise, your account will be deleted after this period.
How to Delete Your Snapchat Account Through the Mobile App
If you’d prefer to delete your account straight from your phone, you can do so through the official Snapchat mobile app, though it does take a little bit of digging.
Open the Snapchat app on your iOS or Android mobile device. Then, follow the process below to delete your Snapchat account.
- First, tap on your profile picture in the top left corner of the main screen.
- Now, in the top right corner of your profile page, tap on the Setting icon.
- In your Snapchat settings, scroll down until you get to the Support section and choose I Need Help.
- This will bring you to the Support Page, which has a search bar front and center. In this search bar, type “delete my account,” and select Delete My Account when it appears.
- After that, Snapchat will bring you to the Account Deletion Support page where you’ll be presented with all of the finer details about deleting your account. If you’re happy with everything you see, go ahead and tap on the accounts portal link right under the How to delete your Snapchat account heading.
- From there, Snapchat will take you to the real account deletion page. It’ll provide you with a final warning about what deleting your account entails before asking you to enter your login information. To permanently delete your Snapchat account, enter your information and tap Continue.
Your Account Is Now Deleted!
There you have it. If you truly want to delete your Snapchat account, let it sit for at least thirty days after you’ve initially decided to delete it, and it’ll disappear once those thirty days have passed.
Disclaimer: Some pages on this site may include an affiliate link. This does not effect our editorial in any way.