How to Download All of Your Photos From Instagram
Every day, millions of pictures are published on Instagram. Maybe you follow a travel page, and you want to download its photos to make a travel inspiration album on your PC. Or you want to save a copy of all photos you’ve ever shared on Instagram. This article will give you detailed steps on how to download all (or single, or multiple) photos from Instagram onto your PC, Mac, Android, or iPhone.
If you’ve ever tried downloading a particular Instagram photo from your feed, you would have noticed that it’s not even an option. This is because of copyright protection. However, most people only want to download photos for personal use. Maybe you have a folder on your computer where you save all images that could come in handy for your next project. Or you like to keep cute jewelry ideas in one place. There are a couple of different ways to download Instagram photos, from using only your browser to third-party apps.
How to Download All Your Instagram Photos via Browser
Maybe you want to delete your Instagram account, but you want to save your shared photos first. There’s a pretty straightforward way to do this. The steps below will show you how to save all Instagram photos, stories, or videos you’ve ever shared.
- Log in to your Instagram account on your PC.
- Click on your avatar in the top-right menu and head over to “Settings.” It’s the tiny gear icon.
- On the left-hand side of the menu, you’ll see a “Privacy and Security” tab. Click on it.
- Scroll to the end of the page until you get to the “Data Download” section.
- Click on “Request Download.”
- Enter the email address you want your photos delivered to.
- Click “Next.” To proceed without an error message at this point, you should have cookies enabled in your browser. Also, make sure you’re not browsing in private mode.
- Type your password and click on “Request download.”
Instagram will email you once it finishes processing your request. This usually takes just a few minutes.
To download specific photos from your, or any other, Instagram page, just follow these steps:
- Open the Instagram page you want to download all photos from.
- Scroll down to the end of the page so that all shared photos can load.
- Right-click on the white surface and select “Save as.”
- You want to save the link as the “Web Page Complete” type, and then hit the Save button.
This will now download the given Instagram page’s content, including photos and an HTML file. Just remove the HTML file from the download folder, and you’ll be left with the photos only.
How to Download All Photos From Instagram on Mobile
If you want to download all photos from your Instagram page onto an Android device, just follow these steps. It’s the same steps we recommend for retrieving your data, including stories and videos as well.
- Launch Instagram on your Android device.
- Go to your page settings. You can get there by clicking on the three horizontal lines at the top right-hand side of your screen. You’ll then see a “Settings” button in the lower right-hand part of the side menu.
- Tap on “Security” from the menu.
- Scroll to the “Data and History” section and tap on “Download Data.”
- Enter your email address if it’s not already there.
- Tap “Request Download.”
- Enter your password and click “Next.”
- Tap “Done” to finish.
In a matter of minutes (or, sometimes, hours – depending on how much data you have), you’ll receive an email with all your Instagram photos, stories, and even videos.
Alternative Mobile Method
You can also use third-party software www.downloadgram.com. However, this tool will only let you download Instagram photos individually.
- Find the picture you want to save on Instagram.
- Tap on the three vertical dots to open the Menu.
- Choose the “Copy link” option.
- Open www.downloadgram.com on your phone’s browser.
- Simply paste the link you copied and hit “Download” -> “Download Image.”
- Now the photo will download in your default download folder.
Can I Automatically Save Photos I Post On Instagram?
It’s fairly easy to save photos you are posting to Instagram automatically. Enabling this setting this will only take a few seconds. Just follow these steps:
- Open Instagram on your device and tap on the three horizontal lines to open the Menu.
- Go to the Settings (small gear icon).
- Tap on “Account” -> Original Photos.
- Once there, just toggle the button so it’s enabled. This will save all of the photos you post on Instagram on your camera roll.
Why Doesn’t Instagram Have an Easier Way To Save Photos?
The platform is strict about copyright rules. They don’t simply allow bulk downloading photos, to “protect their users content.”
There can be dozens of reasons to download an Instagram photo. This article has discussed some of the most common ways to download all photos from your profile, but also from other pages.
How do you usually download photos from Instagram? Share your experience in the comments below.