How to Enable Dark Mode for Roblox
Although Roblox is a very popular game platform and creation system enjoyed by millions, its homepage design leaves a lot to be desired. There have been a lot of attempts to improve the themes of the Roblox site, and Dark Mode is another of these improvements.
How to Enable Dark Mode for Roblox on a PC
Enabling the Dark Mode theme on PC is a very simple process. As long as you already have a Roblox account, you can do this in just a few clicks. The instructions for doing so are below:
- Open your Roblox Account.
- Open the Settings Page. It is the gear icon to the top rightmost part of the page.
- Scroll down until you see Theme. It is just above the Social Networks Menus.
- Click on the dropdown arrow and choose Dark.
- Click on Save.
- Your Roblox page should now display the Dark Theme. To go back to Light, repeat the instructions but choose Light instead.
How to Enable Dark Mode for Roblox on an iPhone
Turning on Dark Theme for the iOS version of Roblox is rather similar to the PC version, as it really only affects the browser and not the game. The instructions are as follows:
- Open your Roblox App.
- Tap on the three dots icon to the lower right of your screen.
- Scroll down and find Settings. Tap on it.
- Click Account Info.
- Scroll down until you find Theme. Tap on the text box below it. On the popup window, tap on Dark.
- Tap on Save to keep your changes.
- Your Roblox app should now be in Dark Mode.
How to Enable Dark Mode for Roblox on an Android Device
The process for enabling Dark Mode on Android is similar to that for iOS. It really only changes the browser and not the app itself, so the mobile platform does not matter. Follow the instructions as given on the iPhone version above.
Changing Your Roblox Themes with Stylish
Stylish is a browser theme changer that allows users to modify the appearance of the webpages that they visit, including the Roblox site. Available for both Chrome and Firefox, now anyone can customize the appearance of their profile to match their personality. To change your themes using Stylish follow the instructions below:
Install the Stylish Plugin.
- Go to the Stylish Chrome Store website.
- Click on add to Chrome.
- On the popup that appears, click on Add Extension.
- You’ll be shown the Stylish Landing page. There is the option to let Stylish know the URLs you visit for it to suggest themes for the websites you frequent. This is checked by default. If you don’t want to give out that information, toggle the checkbox off then click on Next.
- You can either close the window now or choose a theme for Chrome. Installing Roblox themes will be detailed below.
- Open the Stylish Firefox Browser Add-Ons page.
- Click on the +Add to Firefox button.
- On the popup, click on Add.
- A popup will show that Stylish has been added to extensions. You can choose to let Stylish run on Private Windows, toggle the checkbox if you agree, or else just click on Okay, Got it.
- You’ll be shown a page where you can allow Stylish to access the URLs of the websites that you visit so it can suggest styles for these pages. These are disabled by default. If you wish to turn these on, click on the toggle beside each option. You can also click the Enable All button on the bottom. Once you’re done, click on Next.
- You can now close the window or browse available styles.
- Open either your Chrome or Firefox browser.
- Proceed to the Stylish
- On the search box on the top of the site, make sure that the category is set to Website, then type in Roblox.
- Push Enter or click on the Magnifying Glass Icon.
- After a short wait, you’ll be shown a selection of the styles that are available. Scroll down to see the themes on the page, and use the left and right buttons to move back or forward a page. Alternatively, you can click on a number to proceed to that album page.
- Once you find a theme that you like, click on that theme’s picture.
- You’ll be directed to a page that contains the theme’s details. Read them if you wish. If you’re done, click on Install Style.
- Although after clicking, the button will instantly change to Style Installed, it will take a bit of loading time for changes to happen. Wait until your cursor has stopped its loading animation before navigating out of this page.
- You can install multiple styles if you want, but only one can ever be enabled at a time. To change the active style, click on the extension or add-on icon on your browser. If you cannot see the icon, you can find it in the settings menu. They are:
1. Click the Settings icon on the rightmost part of the screen, this is the three dots icon.
2. Hover over More Tools on the menu.
3. Click on Extensions.
4. Scroll and find Stylish then click on Details.
5. Scroll down and click Extension Options.
1. Click on Settings, this is the three lines icon on the right side of the screen.
2. Click on Add-ons.
3. On the menu to the left, click on Extensions.
4. Find Stylish, then click on the three dots icon.
5. Choose and click Options.
- From the Stylish options page, you’ll see all the themes currently installed. If all of them are Active, the theme on the top will take priority. If you want to select a different theme, click on the Active button on all the other themes to deactivate them.
- To remove a theme, click on Delete.
Other Profile Settings
Themes aren’t the only thing about your profile that you can change on the Roblox page, there are a lot of other details that you can edit as you see fit. Below are some of these settings that you may modify to ensure that your Roblox profile is fully customized to your tastes.
The Basic Info Box
Clicking on your avatar’s icon on the home page will open the basic info page. In the Creations tab you’ll see all the games that you’ve made, and on the About tab you’ll see your full avatar along with all the items that they’re currently wearing. To change the look of your avatar, you can open the Avatar Editor. To do this:
- Click on any inventory item in the About tab.
- Click on the Avatar Editor Button. This is the person icon on the right side of the item inventory panel.
- Here you will see all the styles that are available to you. A good number of them are free, though some cost Robux to get. Robux is the in-app currency for Roblox.
- Choose a style that you like and click on it to instantly apply changes. Edits are saved automatically, and when you exit this page your avatar should automatically reflect any customizations made.
Changing Your Status and Personal Blurb
You can leave messages on your profile, whether it’s your current status or a short personal description, so that anyone who visits your personal page knows a bit of information about you. To edit these:
Change Personal Blurb
- Click on the gear icon on the upper right corner of the page.
- Choose Settings.
- Under Personal, type your short description in the text box. It’s good web browsing practice to not give out information that can allow people to personally identify you. Do be careful of what data you choose to give out.
- Once done, scroll down and click on Save.
Change Current Status
- Click on your avatar’s icon.
- Click on the three dots on the upper right corner of your avatar’s banner.
- Choose Update Status.
- Type in your current status on the text box.
- Click on Save.
- Your Status should now be displayed just below your username.
Adding Social Networks
Roblox also has the option to let you connect to several social media accounts that you may have. If you have a Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, or Twitch page, you can set them up so that anyone that visits your profile page can see them. To do this:
- Open the Settings menu by clicking on the gear icon on the upper right.
- Click on Settings.
- On the Accounts Info tab, scroll down until you find the Social Networks portion.
- Type in the address of each of your Social Network pages. You can open them on a separate tab, then copy and paste the address bar if you wish.
- Choose if you want these links to be visible to Everyone, Friends, Followers, or No one.
- Click on Save when you’re done.
A Myriad of Themes
Roblox not only allows you to create worlds where you can let your imagination run wild, it also gives you the ability to personalize your profile as you see fit. Dark Mode is one small step to changing the boring default profile theme. As time goes by, the available options will no doubt give a creative user a myriad of themes to choose from.
Have you had any experiences regarding how to enable Dark Mode for Roblox? Share your thoughts in the comments section below.