How to Make a Fan in Tears of the Kingdom
Do you want to speed up your journey through the land of Hyrule? You may be wondering why you just can’t spot those Korok leaves you used as fans in Breath of the Wild. Don’t worry, Tears of the Kingdom has even something better for you. Unlike in Breath of the Wild where Korok leaves were used as fans, TotK has come up with new, fun, and more creative ways to get a fan.
This guide will provide you with everything you need to know about making fans in Tears of the Kingdom.
How to Make a Fan in Tears of the Kingdom Using Korok Fronds
Making a fan from Korok fronds is actually quite easy. Follow these steps to create a Korok fan:
- Open your in-game menu and select “Inventory” by pressing the + button.
- Select the “Items” menu and then choose “Materials.”
- Select the Korok frond from the “Materials” section and drop it to the ground by pressing the “A” button.
- Turn towards the frond you dropped.
- Next, equip your tree branch as the primary weapon by holding the “L” button.
- Select “Fuse” to attach the Korok frond to the tree branch by pressing the “Y” button to open the abilities menu.
- Your Korok fan is ready for use.
Where to Locate a Korok Frond in Tears of the Kingdom
Though rare to find, there are several places where you can locate a Korok frond. Here’s where you can easily find Korok fronds:
- Sky Islands.
- Forest of Spirit.
- Forest of Time.
- Outside the Ina-isa shrine.
- Central Hyrule.
- The Great Hyrule Forest.
If you are rushing against time, we recommend starting out in the Great Hyrule Forest. Korok fronds come in plenty in this forest because of its great vastness and density.
How to Make a Fan in Tears of the Kingdom Using Zonai Devices
Zonai devices are way faster compared to Korok fans. You can also blow enemies away using these Zonai fans. Here’s how you can make a fan using Zonai devices:
- Open your “Inventory.”
- Select the Zonai Devices.
- Locate your fan device inside a capsule.
- Press “A” to pick up the fan.
- Press “A” again to select the “Take out Device” option.
Where to Locate Zonai Devices in Tears of the Kingdom
Though you can only find Zonai devices in the Sky Islands, the area is vast and you can find yourself running around in circles. This list will provide you with locations where you can find Zonai devices:
- Inside the Taunhiy shrine device dispenser located on the Hyrule Ridge Sky.
- Inside the Igoshan shrine device dispenser found in the Wellspring Island.
- You can also spy some great Zonai devices from the Gutanbac shrine device dispenser located on the Great Sky Island.
- You can also collect Zonai devices from the Great Sky Island inside the Nachoyah shrine device dispenser.
- Outside the Kadaunar shrine device dispenser found on the Eldin Canyon Sky.
Activating any of these shrines will allow you access to the Zonai devices inside them. You can activate them by using Zonai charges or Construct horns dropped by soldier constructs during battle to ensure you get a fan. Otherwise, you might receive a random item.
You can also collect Zonai charges by trading two Zonaite chunks in mining caves. Be aware that each device dispenser only holds five Zonai devices at a time.
You can easily identify the shrines holding Zonai devices by flying over them to view the inventory they are holding. You can easily turn them on or off by striking them once with your primary weapon.
How to Build a Fan Boat in Tears of the Kingdom
You need to unlock Ultrahand and Fuse, find tree logs, and obtain Zonai devices (see above) to create a fan boat. Here’s how you can build a fan boat once you have gathered all these items and abilities:
- Collect at least three logs and attach them by pressing “L.”
- Select “Ultrahand” from the R-Stick menu and then press “A.”
- Take two Fan Zonai devices and attach them to the back of the logs at equal distances.
- Activate “Ultrahand” to get your boat into the water and jump in.
- Strike your boat using your primary weapon to start it.
Be sure about opening your Zonai capsule because they can’t be returned to the inventory once you drop them. You should also ensure that your boat is placed pointing toward the direction you’re headed.
Key Points to Note About Fans in Tears of the Kingdom
There are many things you can do with a fan in TotK. The list below will provide you with witty options and tips on how you can use these fans:
- You can use a fan as a weapon. They can help you retaliate during an attack by blowing your enemies away when used as gust weapons.
- You can use them to sail faster if they’re pointed at the sail.
- Fans can also help you spread wildfires. This will help you create a portable spot that you can use to glide from through the land of Hyrule.
- You need to complete the Ina-isa shrine to unlock the Fuse ability. You need this ability to successfully create your fan using Korok fronds.
- Try and avoid attaching your Korok frond to long sticks or weapons. This is because they do not provide the desired fan effect. Shorter items make for a better fan that you can place faster.
- You can also use your fan to blow away sand piles.
- Ensure that you always collect all Korok fronds you come by. They are hard to find and you are likely to regret leaving them behind.
- Ensure that you place the logs at equal distances to provide adequate balance to support propelling. You won’t be able to sail if you don’t do this.
- The higher the number of Zonai devices you attach to your creation, the higher your speed boost.
- You can’t store Zonai devices so ensure that you only take them out of the capsule only when Link is ready to use them.
Which is the best fan for you to make in Tears of the Kingdom?
The Zonai fan. This is because it is faster compared to Korok fronds.
Where do you find a Mining cave in TotK to purchase Zonai charges?
It is located to the south of the Sky Islands. You can get here by teleporting to the Room of Awakening.
What else can you get from the Mining caves apart from the Zonaite chunks?
You can also pick up Zonai capsules from the Mining caves. This helps you to easily transport Zonai devices in your inventory.
Get Your Creative Juices Flowing!
Tears of the Kingdom has adopted new mechanics that have made this new Zelda title more oriented towards creativity. Using fans opens up a world of possibilities for you to explore in Tears of the Kingdom. You can use your fans to fly, build a surfboard, boats, or even trains too. They are perfect for helping you traverse the Great Hyrule and wreaking havoc on your enemies.
So, have you ever made a fan in TotK? How did you do it? Let us know in the comments section below.