How to Make Concrete in Minecraft
Concrete is a vibrant and sturdy building material in Minecraft. It adds a terrific look to any project you undertake in your game. Best of all, the material can be crafted in a variety of colors, and it’s not combustible like wool.
In this article, we’ll give you a detailed guide on making concrete in Minecraft.
How to Make Concrete in Minecraft
The ingredients you’ll need to make concrete are gravel, sand, and the dye of your preference. Before you start the crafting process, decide on the color of the material so that you can work on finding the ideal nuance. Some of the options include white, grey, green, yellow, cyan, light blue, magenta, black and pink. You can obtain your dye through trading, smelting, or crafting.
Once all the supplies are in place, you can start making your concrete. Fortunately, the process is quite straightforward:
- Start by creating Concrete Powder. To do this, you first need to open your crafting table.
- In the crafting grid, combine one dye, four gravel blocks, and four sand blocks. Unlike most recipes, you can craft concrete powder by inserting the components in any order and any square.
- Once the elements have been combined, you’ll have your concrete powder. To turn it into concrete, you’ll need a water supply. In this case, you can use flowing water or a source block.
- Either place your concrete powder right next to the water source or drop it into the water. The powder will then harden into concrete. Just don’t forget to mine your concrete block with a pickaxe, otherwise, it will be gone.
How to Make Concrete Powder in Minecraft
You can’t make concrete if you don’t have concrete powder. After collecting sand, gravel, and a dye of your choosing, combine them in your crafting grid to make this material:
- Launch the crafting menu.
- Place one dye, four sand blocks, and four gravel blocks into the grid.
- Once the concrete powder appears, place it in your inventory, and you’re all done.
How to Make Concrete Blocks in Minecraft
Let’s say you wanted to make a red concrete block. The crafting would look like this:
- Open the crafting menu.
- Take one poppy and turn it into red dye using the crafting grid. Place the red dye into your inventory.
- Re-open the crafting grid.
- Combine one red dye, four sand blocks, and four gravel blocks in any order. Transfer the concrete powder to your inventory.
- Put the concrete powder block into your hand and place it on the ground.
- Take a bucket of water and pour the liquid over the block.
- The concrete powder will now turn into a red concrete block.
How to Make Concrete in Minecraft Fast
Here’s how you can create a large number of concrete blocks in double-quick time:
- Stack some concrete powder blocks.
- Place water next to them.
- Break the blocks, which will make the powder fall and turn into concrete fast.
How to Make Concrete in Minecraft Survival
Making concrete in Minecraft Survival works the same as in the original version. We’ll give you an example of how to create a grey concrete block:
- Start the crafting menu and mix one grey dye, four sand blocks, and four gravel blocks.
- After the grey concrete powder has been crafted, move it into the inventory.
- Place the grey concrete powder onto the ground.
- Use a water bucket on the powder to get grey concrete.
How to Make Concrete Slab in Minecraft
Unfortunately, the game still doesn’t allow you to make concrete slabs. In the current version of Minecraft, you’re only limited to concrete blocks. In terms of slabs, some of your options include the following materials:
How to Make Concrete in Minecraft 1.14
Perhaps the quickest way to make concrete in Minecraft 1.14 is to use a command. For example, if you want to spawn a grey concrete block on your Mac or PC, this is the command you’d need to enter:
/give @p grey_concrete 1
Once the command is activated, you’ll get your block of grey concrete.
How to Make White Concrete in Minecraft
To craft white concrete, you’ll first need to obtain a white dye:
- Start the crafting menu.
- Add one lily of the valley or one bone meal to the grid.
- Move the white dye into your inventory when it appears.
You can now make your white concrete block:
- Go to your crafting menu and combine one white dye, four gravel blocks, and four sand blocks.
- This will create a block of white concrete powder you can now access in the inventory.
- Place the powder next to a water source to transform it into concrete.
How to Make Black Concrete in Minecraft
Making black concrete shouldn’t give you a hard time either:
- Enter the crafting menu and place one wither rose or one ink sac into the crafting box.
- Move the black dye into your inventory.
- Go to the crafting grid again and combine the black dye with four gravel blocks and four sand blocks.
- Once the concrete powder has been created, relocate it to your inventory and add water to get a concrete block out of it.
Read through the following FAQs for some more great insights.
How Do You Make Concrete in Minecraft Survival?
Crafting concrete in Minecraft Survival is no different from making it in other versions of the game:
• Put one dye, four gravel blocks, and four sand blocks into the crafting menu.
• This will give you one concrete powder block. Put the block on the ground.
• Pour a bucket of water onto it, and the powder will become concrete.
How Do You Turn Concrete Powder Into Concrete?
You’ll need a water source to turn concrete powder into concrete. So, you can place your powder next to water, use a water bucket on it, or drop it into water to get a concrete block.
How Do I Get Concrete in Minecraft?
The only way to obtain concrete in Minecraft is through crafting. Once you’ve created concrete powder, you can then turn it into a block of concrete.
What Are the Different Types of Cement Blocks?
The term Minecraft uses for cement blocks is concrete powder blocks. Depending on their color, there are as many as 16 types of concrete powder. For instance, you can craft purple, red, blue, or even lime concrete powder blocks.
Where Can You Find Concrete in Minecraft?
You can’t find concrete in your surroundings. Instead, after crafting concrete powder and combining it with water, concrete will form in the same place where you previously placed concrete powder.
Showcase Your Building Prowess
While concrete blocks are a basic building component in Minecraft, learning this skill opens the door to a multitude of construction options. With this material, you can build stunning roofs and towers you’ll be proud of. All you need to do is mine the necessary supplies and decide on the ideal color – the remaining steps will be a breeze.
Is concrete among your favorite building materials? What constructions have you built using it? Tell us in the comments section below.