How to Play Co-Op in Genshin Impact
Genshin Impact is a game with a vast world that players can explore. There are so many details and fascinating areas to discover, and you would be missing out a lot if you didn’t bring your friends along for this thrilling ride. Using the game’s co-op mode, you can do just that. With multiple players embarked on the same quest, the fun will go up a notch.
But how exactly can you activate Genshin Impact’s co-op mode? This article will give you the answer and provide all the things you can do in your multiplayer sessions.
How to Play Co-Op on Genshin Impact on an iPhone
You can’t play with your friends from the get-go in Genshin Impact. This applies to all devices and not just to iPhones. To enable the multiplayer mode, you first need to beat a large chunk of the main story and progress far into this game. As you play, the game will introduce you to its Adventure Rank system, which represents the player’s overall level. This isn’t the same as your characters’ individual level.
As you reach new levels, the Adventure Rank system will give you access to more features, such as daily quests, dungeons, and expeditions. But perhaps the most appealing part of ranking up in Genshin is the opportunity to play co-op. To enter this game mode, your Adventure Rank needs to be level 16. It can take you some time to unlock the multiplayer mode, but just about everything you perform in the game boosts your rank.
Here are some of the activities that can help you achieve a higher ranking and bring you closer to co-op gaming:
- Story quests
- Side quests
- Opening chests
- Fighting bosses
- Solving puzzles
Essentially, whatever you’re currently doing in the game will bring you one step closer to the coveted 16th Rank.
As you climb the ranks to level 16, the co-op will be automatically unlocked, and you’ll be able to find it in your main menu. Another way to access the multiplayer mode is to enter Domains (the game’s edition of dungeons you unlock later) and team up with more users who want to play the same Domain.
Here’s how to start a co-op session once you’ve reached Rank 16:
- Hit the icon on the top of your screen that resembles a Wi-Fi symbol. This will open your multiplayer game finder.
- You’ll now see all the players with open game sessions. Click on the “Request to Join” button to send them a notification that you want to join their game.
- Wait for the player(s) to allow you to join.
How to Play Co-Op on Genshin Impact on an Android Device
Accessing the co-op mode on Android devices works the same as on iPhone. You’ll unlock multiplayer sessions when you’ve reach Adventure Rank 16. At this milestone, co-op gaming sessions will be available automatically, which means that you don’t have to make any modifications to Genshin Impact’s settings to enable it.
Again, you can rank up by doing nearly anything imaginable in this game. You should primarily follow the main quests until the game instructs you to get a higher Adventure Rank to move on. At this point, you can start exploring new areas, opening chests, unlocking waypoints, and doing side quests marked as a blue “!” on your map. Another good idea is to do some commissions for the organization called Adventurer’s Guild after reaching Rank 12.
When you achieve Rank 16, you can find friends with the same rank or higher who wish to play with you. This is what you need to do from there:
- Hover to the bar near the top of your screen.
- Type in the User ID (UID) of the player you want to team up with. Players can find their User IDS under their icon on the menu in the upper-left part.
- Make sure to enter the UID while the player is still active so that you can start playing in their world and their game. If other players want to join your world and game, they’ll need to type in your UID.
- Another option is to enter the “Friends” tab in the menu to add more users as your friends using their UID. Once they’ve accepted your request, you’ll be able to see if they’re online using the “Friends” section and enter each other’s games without re-entering the number every time.
How to Play Co-Op on Genshin Impact on a Windows 10 PC
The windows 10 version of Genshin Impact isn’t more lenient with regards to unlocking co-op gaming The requirement is the same – you need to reach Adventure Rank 16 to enable the multiplayer mode.
Luckily, there are plenty of opportunities to make progress in the game, especially when you first start playing. The main method of ranking up is by following the main storyline. Other than that, smaller activities will also contribute to your overall level, such as clearing dungeons and opening chests. While the game provides you with numerous ways of leveling up, you’ll still need to invest a good amount of playtime to reach Rank 16.
Once you’ve hit the target ranking, the game will remind you that the co-op mode is available. You’ll now be able to join other players in their quests, but only if they are Adventure Rank 16 or higher. When starting a co-op game, you have several options to choose from:
- You can select the multiplayer mode as one of the options in your main menu. This will show you all the players engaged in an open online gaming session. You can send requests to any of them and wait for their approval.
Another option is to enter the UID code of the specific player you want to play with.
- If you have other players on your friends’ list, you can start co-op games with them using the “Friends” tab.
- If you want some help while completing the challenging Domains, you can open a Domain’s door. As a result, the game will provide you with a choice to seek out other players and join a team of a maximum of three members. Bear in mind that the player marked as “P1” in the group will have to initiate your Domain and select the co-op mode to bring other team members to the party.
How to Play Co-Op on Genshin Impact on a PS4
PS4 is another platform that supports Genshin Impact’s co-op mode. The game allows you to add as many as 45 friends, but you’re only allowed to play with up to three people at a time. Here’s how to add your friends and start playing the multiplayer mode:
- Go to the game’s main menu by pressing your PS4’s options button.
- Hit the “Friends” tab.
- Access the second menu that will show a plus symbol and two people.
- Here, you can input your friends’ UID code to add them. You’ll find your UID number just under your character’s portrait from the main menu.
- Once you’ve added people, you’ll be able to see when they are online.
- Invite your friends to your game of wait for them to invite you and start playing.
There are also a few important details to remember regarding co-op. If you’re gaming with just one friend, you’ll be able to swap between two different party members. With two of your friends, the host can switch between two characters, while the guests get one each. Finally, if you’re playing as a four-member group, each user plays one character.
Furthermore, there are some more limitations in addition to the Rank 16 requirement and the maximum number of people on your team. For example, the guests to a game aren’t allowed to unlock chests or make their offerings to Statues of the Seven. They’re also not able to obtain key items when roaming through your world. Therefore, teams should share their wealth by rotating hosts among their members.
Here’s some more useful info about Genshin Impact’s co-op mode:
What Missions Can I Complete in Co-Op Mode?
The main storyline missions are unavailable in the multiplayer mode, so you should focus on them primarily as you make your way to level 16. On the other hand, co-op lets you play world quests and side quests, which will be a vast source of fun for you and your teammates.
How Do I Unlock Co-Op Mode in Genshin Impact?
To unlock the co-op mode in Genshin Impact, players need to reach Adventure Rank 16. To do so, they can complete main quests, side quests, and perform many other activities. Once they hit Rank 16, the game notifies them that the multiplayer mode is available.
Co-Op Spells Fun
Now you know what you need to do in Genshin Impact to open the game’s co-op mode. It may take you many hours to reach your goal, but all the effort will be worth it. When you team up with other players, you’ll be able to take on the challenges as a team and help each other out. So, start working on your overall level, and don’t keep your higher-ranked friends waiting!
How long did it take you to get to Rank 16? Did you try playing the co-op mode afterward? Were there any difficulties starting your multiplayer games? Let us know in the comments section below.