iPhone XS Max – How to Move Files to PC
Despite the considerable growth throughout years and generations, the iPhone has been notorious for its limited storage size and the fact that it can’t be expanded. Due to this, you will be forced to move some files over to a computer sooner or later. Here are some common ways to transfer files from your iPhone XS Max to PC.
Move Your Files with iTunes
As with many other Apple-related processes, iTunes can also help you move your data from your iPhone to your computer. Here’s how the process works for PC:
- Make sure that you have the latest version of iTunes on your computer. If that’s not the case, you should update it before proceeding.
- Open the app on your computer and connect your iPhone.
- Find and select your phone on the left side of the screen.
- Click the “File Sharing” tab.
- Next, browse the files and select the ones that you’d like to transfer to your PC.
- After you’ve chosen the files, pick where you want to save them.
- Save your files to the PC.
Move Your Files with iCloud
You can also move files from your iPhone XS Max to PC via iCloud. There are two methods – through the iCloud for Windows app and online.
The iCloud for Windows option works like this:
- First, you’d want to enable iCloud on your phone. Go to “Settings”, tap “iCloud”, and type in your Apple ID.
- Open “Settings” and tap “iTunes & App Store”. Enable the automatic downloads.
- Download and install the latest version of iCloud for Windows.
- Launch the app on your PC and log in with your Apple ID credentials.
- Choose the services that you want to enable. Click the “Apply” button. iCloud will then make the corresponding folders for these files in Windows Explorer. Conversely, if you paste a file into one of the created folders, it will automatically appear on the phone.
If installing the app seems like too much hassle, you can download the files directly from your iCloud storage.
Move Your Files via USB
Moving files to the PC via USB cable is a simple and quick solution. It is a great option if you don’t have either of the two previously mentioned applications installed on your PC. There are two ways to transfer files via USB – through Windows Explorer or through your iPhone’s File Transfer pop-up menu.
Here’s how to move files via Windows Explorer:
- Connect the iPhone XS Max to your PC.
- If necessary, tap “Trust this Computer” on your phone to enable connection.
- Open “My Computer”.
- Access “Portable Devices”.
- Enter your phone’s Internal Storage.
- Browse the storage for the files that you want to move.
- Select the files you want and copy them to your computer.
The File Transfer route looks like this:
- Connect the phone to your computer.
- If needed, tap “Trust this Computer” on your phone to allow connection.
- Choose the “View Content” option on your phone.
- The phone will then show you files and folders available for copying.
- Select the items you want and copy them to your PC.
Aside from those listed in this article, there are many other ways to move files from your iPhone XS Max to PC. Even though far from complete, this list should give you a solid range of options.