Kodi: How to Install the Crew Addon
As a free and open-source software app, Kodi works with all sorts of hardware, such as smart TVs and even FireSticks. With Kodi, you can watch TV, listen to music, and more. It also supports add-ons that expand its capabilities.
One of the available add-ons is called The Crew, and you can download it for free. However, the steps are different from installing add-ons from the official directory. Don’t worry; you’ll find all the information you need to install The Crew for Kodi here.
How to Install the Kodi Crew Add-On
The Crew works on Kodi 19 Matrix and any lower versions. With it, you can watch movies on-demand, sports, and more. The Crew even divides the entertainment into clear categories for you to pick.
With this method, you can install The Crew on various devices, including FireStick, Android TV boxes, and phones.
Enabling Downloads From Unknown Sources
Before you can install The Crew, you have to set up Kodi first. By default, Kodi doesn’t allow users to install third-party add-ons from unofficial sources. However, you can turn these restrictions off by following the steps below:
- Launch Kodi on your device.
- Go to the “Settings” menu, represented by a gear icon.
- Select “System,” found at the bottom right corner.
- Move down to “Add-ons.”
- At the right side of the screen, toggle “Unknown Sources” to the “on” position.
- Select “Yes” to keep this setting on.
Downloading The Crew
After enabling the settings for installing add-ons from unknown sources, you can now download The Crew. These instructions will help you with the process.
- Go back to the “Settings” menu.
- Select “File Manager.”
- Choose “Add Source.”
- In the next pop-up window, select the “None” option.
- Type the following URL into the source path: https://team-crew.github.io/
- Give the source path a name that you’ll remember.
- Select “OK” to confirm your choices.
Installing The Crew’s Repository
Once you’ve downloaded The Crew from its GitHub website, it’s time to install its repository. Here’s how:
- Return to the “Settings” menu again.
- This time, select “Add-ons.”
- Select “Install From ZIP File.”
- Find the source path you just named.
- Open the ZIP file that has the latest version.
- Select “OK.”
- Wait until The Crew’s repository finishes installing.
- The notification will let you know when the process is complete.
Installing The Crew
You’re not done yet, since you only installed the repository. Now, we’ll move on to installing the add-on itself. The instructions are as follows:
- Go back to “Add-ons.”
- Select “Install From Repository.”
- Select “The Crew.”
- Go to “Video Add-ons.”
- Pick “The Crew” from the list.
- Go to the bottom right and select “Install.”
- Select “OK” to begin the installation process.
- Another notification will let you know that the process is complete.
- Kodi will offer to help set up YouTube, but you should select “No” instead.
- After this, you should be able to use The Crew.
While the process is lengthy and may be complicated for some users, following our instructions will successfully install the add-on. Now, all you have to do is to look for shows to watch.
How to Use the Kodi Crew Add-On
Before you start watching videos, we recommend using our best VPN pick, ExpressVPN to hide your digital information. There are always VPNs for the platform you’re using Kodi and The Crew on, be it a FireStick, Android phone, or computer.
After you’re protected, you can follow these steps to use The Crew to watch shows:
- Go to “Add-ons” on the menu.
- Select “Video Add-ons.”
- Choose “The Crew.”
- You should see a new window with different categories.
- Choose the category you want to watch or go to “Search” to find something.
- Once you choose a movie or TV show, you’ll see a few links.
- From these links, choose the first one and check if it works.
- If yes, you can keep on watching.
What if a Link Doesn’t Work?
You’re not the only one using The Crew to watch your favorite content. Sometimes, it takes more than one link to watch a movie. Follow these steps if a link doesn’t work.
- Navigate back to the movie or TV show’s main screen with the links.
- Choose another link from the list.
- Repeat until there’s no buffering or something plays.
- Enjoy the content.
You might need at least three tries before you get a working link. Free links may be malfunctioning or lag since that’s what the majority of people use.
These free links also only usually go up to 720P in resolution. Some reach 1080P, but those are very rare. To enjoy high-quality streams, you’ll have to use something called Real-Debrid.
Real-Debrid allows you to pay for premium links, which can go up to 4K HD, and they’re not prone to buffer. You’re effectively paying for better access to content this way.
The free links are still usable, even if finding a working one might be a challenge.
Can the Crew add-on be installed on a FireStick?
Yes, you can install The Crew on a FireStick. The steps work for all platforms, as long as you’re using Kodi.
Why is the Kodi Crew add-on not working?
The main reason The Crew probably doesn’t work is because of another add-on called Indigo. It stops The Crew from working, and you’ll have to block and remove it. Follow these steps:
1. Go to the Add-ons screen.
2. Select “Add-on Browser.”
3. Select “Install From Repository.”
4. Choose “The Crew.”
5. Go to “Program Add-ons.”
6. Select “Fuck Indigo.”
7. Install it.
After this, the creatively named add-on will remove Indigo and let The Crew work again. There’s no need to worry about Indigo in the future as well.
What Should We Watch?
With The Crew add-on, you can watch movies and TV shows or listen to songs you love. It’s very convenient, and best of all, it costs nothing. Unless you want to use Real-Debrid for premium links, that is.
What shows have you watched using The Crew? Did you struggle with installing The Crew? Let us know in the comments section below.