How To Join a Circle in Life360
Knowing the precise location of your family and friends provides valuable peace of mind. The Life360 app provides exactly that. But first, you or your family and friends will need to join a circle. Fortunately, this is a relatively straightforward process across a number of devices.
This article will explain how to join a circle on Life360.
Joining a Circle in Life360
After you’ve installed the app, which is available to both iOS and Android users, you need to create an account, which will include your e-mail address and mobile phone number.
Next, you’ll be directed to the main screen, which includes a map showing your location, and once you join, the location of the people in your circle.
- At the top of the screen, you’ll see a tab which represents the “Circle switcher.“ By clicking on it, you’ll be able to join a circle.
- But first, a circle member needs to send you an invite code, as circles in the app are member-based. Keep in mind that the code expires in 72 hours.
- Once you enter the code, you’ll be a rightful member and will able to see all the members, their current location, as well as a location history.
The extent of what you’ll be able to see depends on your subscription plan.
How to Invite Someone to Join Your Circle in Life360
Once you’ve created an account, you will be directed to the main screen. This features a map showing your location, and later the location of people in your circle you’ve joined.
To invite someone to join your circle, follow these steps:
- At the top of the screen is the “Circle switcher“, where you’ll be able to create your circle. You’ll also be required to create an invite code to send to prospective new members.
- In the top left corner, you’ll see a settings sign.
- In “Circle Management,“ you’ll be able to add new members to the circle.
- Once they enter the invite code, they’ll automatically be added.
How to Switch Between Circles
As you might have already guessed, there is no on the number of circles you can join. You can have a circle devoted to your family, another to your friends, a third to your hobby group, etc.
Better still, it’s relatively easy to switch between these groups:
- Go to the top to “Circle switcher.“
- Choose the circle you want to view at the moment.
That’s all there is to it.
How to Remove a Member From Your Circle
Unfortunately, people drift apart and you may no longer want them to be part of your circle. To remove them, simply follow these steps:
- In the “Circle switcher,“ choose the circle you had in mind and go to the “Settings“ option in the top left corner.
- Press “Circle management.“
- Choose “Delete circle members.“
This is a simple way to keep your circle updated and clutter-free.
How to Leave a Circle
If you no longer want to be a part of a group and no longer wish to keep members of a specific circle updated or know about their movement.
You can easily leave a circle:
- Go to the “Circle switcher“ and choose the circle you wish to leave. In the top left, choose “Settings.“
- Press “Circle management.“
- At the bottom of the menu, you’ll find “Leave circle.“
- The app will ask you to confirm that you’re sure you wish to leave.
And just like that, you’re no longer part of the circle.
Benefits of Being in a Circle
You may wonder about the benefits of using Life360 and being a circle member.
- Precise location of all members at all times
Imagine a storm is brewing and your family members haven’t arrived home yet. Instead of calling each and every one of them, you can, in just a few clicks, check whether they’re close or are already somewhere safe, like a friend’s house.
This example may sound extreme, but the app is useful in everyday life too. It enables you to see if your significant other or children are about to arrive, so you can plan the day ahead before they knock on the door.
- A location history of each member
You can view the places that your circle members visit most often. Maybe your friends have discovered an interesting bar or well-equipped gym. Different subscription plans offer various history time lengths, but more on that in the next section.
- The individual driver reports
This perk can be useful for families with kids who are just starting to drive. You can see how far they drove and where, at what speed, or if they had to slow down rapidly at any moment. However, this kind of feature might require a monthly subscription.
- The SOS alert
This alert enables you to let your circle know you need immediate help. A time-saving feature, you won’t have to call them individually to explain the situation and request assistance.
As you can see, the app offers more than just the current location and can be used in various groups of people, not just couples with children.
The app is free to download, for both iOS and Android users. However, there is a $5 monthly subscription plan for those users who want to make the most of its features.
Things that both plans offer are location sharing, estimated time of arrival, battery monitoring, and help alert.
There are other features of that the app that might sound appealing:
- A 30-day location history instead of two days
- Unlimited places alerts, whereas otherwise you would get notified for just two places
- Individual driving reports, in addition to the family driving report which is offered in both cases
- Priority customer support is offered to members who choose this option.
Whichever option you decide to go with, it’s sure to have a constructive impact on your daily life, and provide peace of mind, knowing that information about your loved ones is just a click away.
The Power of Circles
Today’s fast-paced life makes tracking apps pretty much a must-have. Life360 lets you create circles, so you know where your loved ones are, where they’re going, and, more importantly, if they’re safe. Plus, you can view their favorite places, and know if they’re in a dangerous situation.
Have you used the app Life360 before? Which features do you find the most useful and why? Tell us in the comments section below.