How To Log Into Multiple Facebook Accounts
The standard Facebook app and web-based version don’t allow users to log into more than one account at once. While Facebook for mobile devices lets you switch between accounts, it’s not the same as using two simultaneously. Thankfully, there are still ways to bypass this limitation.
Using more than one Facebook account at once is possible even without downloading other apps. If you’re curious about how to do this, look no further. Read on for all the details and tricks.
How to Login to 2 Facebook Accounts on an iPhone
Even though the Facebook app supports switching accounts within a few taps, it’s still not the same as opening two instances of Facebook at once. Thus, you shouldn’t be using the app if you wish to use two accounts at once.
The next best thing is to use a mobile phone internet browser. iPhones come with Safari, which supports private browsing. Private browsing is an easy bypass, allowing you to log into two Facebook accounts from the same browser. If you don’t use this feature, logging into two Facebook accounts on mobile is impossible.
The main reason users can’t use more than one account is because of conflicting cookies. Each account takes up a session, and it can’t run two sets of cookies simultaneously. That’s why you can’t open two accounts at once in the same browser without special tools.
However, private browsing opens up another session of internet browsing with different cookies. This feature lets you ignore the limitation entirely as well.
Here are the basic instructions to log into two Facebook accounts on an iPhone:
- On your iPhone, open Safari.
- Tap on the “Tabs” button.
- Select the downward-pointing arrow and show the tab groups list.
- Select “Private” from the list.
- Tap on “Done” to confirm your decision.
- Using the private browsing tab, head to the official Facebook login page.
- Log in with your details.
- Repeat Steps 2 to 7 with another account.
- Swap from account to account if you require.
However, that’s not the only method you can use. Many people enjoy Google Chrome, which is also available on iPhones. You can log into a Facebook account on Chrome and another on Safari. The advantage of this trick is you don’t need to use private browsing.
- Launch Safari on your iPhone.
- Go to the Facebook login page.
- Enter one account’s email and password.
- Log in.
- Swap to Google Chrome or another browser.
- Head to the same login page.
- Enter another account’s details.
- Log into your second account.
- Swap between the two as often as you want.
With two different browsers, the cookies won’t conflict at all. Though you have to tap a few more times, it’s a good alternative for those who don’t want to use private browsing mode.
A third option is to use the Facebook app alongside a browser. You should already be logged into the app, so you only have to log into another account on Safari or another browser.
- Open any browser on your iPhone.
- Go to Facebook’s login page.
- Access an account that your Facebook app isn’t using.
- Swap between this app and the Facebook client.
Regardless of your preferred trick, it works well for accessing two accounts simultaneously, especially if they’re both within the same browser. You can even use more than two at once if you want.
How to Login to 2 Facebook Accounts on an Android
Android users tend to use the included Google Chrome browser, which has Incognito Mode. It functions the same way as Safari’s Private Browsing, allowing you to create new and separate browsing sessions. However, for those who prefer other browsers, DuckDuckGo, Brave, and Opera are fantastic choices.
All of these browsers have private browsing features or are designed to offer a secure and anonymous experience. The former two are examples of this and can be used to log in to your different accounts.
With this information in mind, you can also use similar tricks as with an iPhone. You can find several sets of instructions below.
These steps are for using Incognito Mode on Google Chrome:
- Launch Google Chrome on your Android device.
- Tap on the Tabs button.
- Select the three dots on the top-right corner.
- Pick “New Incognito Tab” from the list.
- Navigate to the Facebook login page.
- Type the details of one of your Facebook accounts.
- Log into the account.
- Repeat Steps 2 to 5 to start a different Facebook account session.
Incognito Mode is functionally similar to Safari’s Private Browsing, preventing cookies from conflicting with each other.
As for using more than one internet browser on Android, these instructions will help. We’ll assume you already have another browser installed.
- Launch Google Chrome.
- Go to the Facebook login page.
- Enter one account’s email address and password.
- Access the account.
- Swap to another installed browser.
- Go to the same login page.
- Log in to another account.
Now, you can switch between accounts with a tap or two.
Just like on an iPhone, you can also run two apps at once. One will be the official Facebook client for Android. The other can be any internet browser. We’ll operate under the assumption that your Facebook client already has one account you’re currently logged into.
- Open any browser on your Android device.
- Head to Facebook’s login page.
- Log in to an account that your Facebook client isn’t using.
- Swap between this browser and the Facebook client for Android.
How to Login to 2 Facebook Accounts on a PC
PC users will find using more than one account even more accessible. Most modern browsers come with private browsing, and you can log into your multiple accounts effortlessly.
We’ll use Google Chrome for PC in this example. If you prefer another browser that supports private browsing, the concept will also work the same way.
- Open Google Chrome on your PC.
- Click on the triple dots at the top-right corner of the window.
- Select “New Incognito Window” from the list.
- In this new window, open at least two tabs.
- Head to the Facebook website on both of them.
- Log into separate accounts.
If you don’t want to use Incognito Mode, consider installing another browser. On Windows, Microsoft Edge is already ready to use. However, anything else is a suitable candidate.
- On Google Chrome for PC, go to the Facebook login page.
- Enter one account’s details to log in.
- Open another browser of your choice.
- Head to the same website.
- In the fields, enter another account’s email address and password.
- Gain access to the second account.
You can use as many browsers as you like for this trick. Even combining more than one browser with Incognito Mode will work. As long as there are multiple browsing sessions, you can log into many accounts at once.
There’s a third option for PC users to download particular extensions for Google Chrome or any compatible browsers. These extensions let you use the same browser for more than one Facebook account without needing private browsing.
That’s Also My Account
Those who prefer to separate their business accounts from personal Facebook profiles can use the above tricks without much effort. You also don’t need to purchase special software unless you prefer using paid extensions. Therefore, managing more than one Facebook account can be done on any platform and browser.
Do you use any of these tricks for your multiple Facebook accounts? What browsers do you like using? Let us know in the comments section below.