How To Log Out of Instagram Account on All Devices
If you’re signed in to your Instagram account on multiple devices, you might be wondering how you can log out of them all at once. It could be particularly useful when you’re not sure exactly which devices you’re signed in on. It might be your friend’s phone or a computer in your school’s library you forgot to log out of.
In this guide, we’ll show you how to log out of your Instagram account on all devices. In addition, you’ll learn how to check how many devices you’re currently signed in on.
Log Out of Instagram Account on All Devices
There are plenty of reasons why you might want to log out of Instagram on multiple devices. Your Instagram account holds a lot of private information, including your messages, search history, followers, archived posts and stories, saved posts, and more. Anyone logged in to your Instagram account has access to this information, and they could easily misuse it.
You might have used someone else’s device to log in and didn’t have a chance to log out. Or you could have accidentally saved your password on their device, allowing them to access your Instagram any time they want. In the worst-case scenario, someone could have logged into your account without your permission. Whether it’s for privacy reasons or if you wish to make sure you signed out, you should know how to log out of your Instagram account on all devices.
Unfortunately, there is no built-in feature that allows you to do this. However, there is a way to log out of Instagram on all devices. You won’t have to log out of each device one at a time or use any third-party apps. All you need to do is change or reset your password.
If you’ve ever changed your password on Instagram before, you might recall that Instagram asked you whether you wanted to log out of all accounts or stay logged in. That happens every time you change your Instagram password. It doesn’t matter which device you choose to do this with.
If you’re not sure whether you’re signed in to Instagram on other devices, Instagram also lets you check your login details. Follow the steps below to verify which devices you’re currently signed in on:
- Launch Instagram.
- Go to your profile picture in the bottom-right corner.
- Navigate to the menu icon in the upper-right corner.
- Proceed to “Settings and then to Security.
- Tap on Login Activity.
- Go to the Where You’re Logged In section.
Not only will you be able to see where you’re logged in right now, but you’ll also get a list of all the devices where you’ve been signed in recently. You can check each device by tapping on the three dots on the right side. From here, you can tap on the “Log out” option, but this will only log you out of one session. At this point, Instagram will prompt you to change your password.
How to Change Your Instagram Password on an iPhone
Changing your Instagram password on your iPhone is a relatively straightforward process, and it will only take you a few minutes. Here’s how:
- Open Instagram on your iPhone.
- Tap on your profile picture in the bottom-right corner of the screen.
- Go to the three horizontal lines in the upper-right corner of your profile.
- Choose Settings.
- Proceed to Security on the menu.
- Under Login Security, tap on Password.
- Type in your current password.
- Think of a new password and enter it twice.
- Continue to the Save option in the upper-right corner.
- Select Log Out of All Accounts on the pop-up window.
After you complete these steps, you will be required to sign back in to your Instagram account. It doesn’t matter how many devices you have been logged in with before; Instagram can log you out of them all in seconds.
How to Change Your Instagram Password on an Android
If you want to change your password for Instagram on your Android, the process is very similar. Here is what you need to do:
- Run the app on your Android device.
- Tap on the profile icon on the bottom menu to go to your profile.
- Continue to the menu icon in the upper-right corner of your screen.
- Select Settings from the list of options.
- Go to Security and then to Password.
- Enter your current password and your new password.
- Confirm your new password.
- Tap on Save in the upper-right corner of your screen.
- Choose Log Out of All Accounts on the pop-up window.
That’s all there is to it. To use the app again, you will need to enter your new password and username to sign in on that device.
Keep Your Instagram Account Secure
Your Instagram account stores a lot of private information, which is why you need to be careful about which devices you use to sign in. The good news is that you can log out of Instagram on all your devices at once. Whether you choose to change or reset your password, you won’t have to worry about other people accessing your account and your private data.
Have you ever logged out of Instagram on all devices before? Did you change or reset your password to do this? Let us know in the comments section below.