How to Make a Fire Resistance Potion in Minecraft
Traversing the Nether and the underground in Minecraft can be hazardous to your health. The endless lakes of lava and fire, as well as fireball attacks, can take down even the most stalwart adventurer and cut your exploring time short.
Fortunately, there’s a way to protect yourself from these flaming hazards. And it’s all in a handy glass bottle.
Find out how to make fire resistance potions for your next excursions into the fiery depths of the Nether and how to use the ones you have in your inventory.
How to Make a Brewing Stand in Minecraft
Like any good chemist, before you brew a potion to protect you from fire, you’re going to need a way to put it together. In the world of Minecraft, that means building a brewing stand.
If you already have access to a brewing stand, skip ahead to the “How to Make a Fire Resistance Potion in Minecraft” section. For those of you who still need to assemble a brewing stand, follow the steps below to get started:
Brewing Stand Ingredients Needed:
- 3 cobblestones,
- 1 Blaze rod
Now it’s time to craft a brewing stand.
- Open the crafting interface.
- Assemble the Blaze rod in the upper middle square.
- Add the three cobblestones in a line directly beneath it, one per square.
- Craft the stand.
How to Make a Fire Resistance Potion in Minecraft
With your Brewing Stand at the ready, it’s time to make a Fire Resistance potion.
Fire Resistance Ingredients Needed:
- Magma Cream
- Nether Wart
- A water bottle
- Blaze powder to fire up the brewing stand.
With those ingredients assembled, let’s start making the potion
- Open the brewing stand interface and light the stand with Blaze powder.
- Add a glass bottle in one of the three lower boxes.
- Add a Nether Wart in the upper middle box. Brewing this combination turns the water bottle into an Awkward Potion.
- Now, put Magma Cream in the upper-middle slot where you first placed the Nether Wart and brew away. Now, you have a fire resistance potion ready to move into your inventory.
How to Make a Fire Resistance Potion in Minecraft 1.16
A new update means new challenges for adventurers in Minecraft. But with the 1.16 Nether update, you need a little something more to tackle those challenges. You need something to protect you from all that fire and lava in the region.
Making a fire resistance potion or three will help you explore the Nether and protect you long enough to see what the area has to offer. And you only need a few simple ingredients to do it.
- Make a glass bottle and fill it with water.
- Go to the brewing stand and add your glass bottle and Nether Wart.
- Add Magma Cream to the brew.
- Take your new fire resistance potion and add it to your inventory.
When you combine Nether wart and a glass bottle, you’ll get an Awkward Potion. Don’t worry. That’s supposed to happen. Keep going and replace the Nether Wart with Magma Cream in the brewing station. This is the secret ingredient that grants fire resistance for three minutes.
Alternatively, you can get fire resistance potions from witches in the world. Or you may barter for fire resistance potions in exchange for gold ingots.
How to Make a Fire Resistance Potion in Minecraft 1.14
The 1.14 Minecraft update did not affect the way that you make fire resistance potions. So, you use the same recipe as the current version to brew a potion:
- Add the Nether Wart and water-filled glass bottle to the Brew Stand.
- After you get the Awkward Potion, add Magma Cream to turn it into a fire resistance potion.
How to Make a Fire Resistance Potion in Minecraft PE (Pocket Edition) and Consoles
Fire resistance potion brewing steps are the same across platforms, including Minecraft Pocket Edition (PE). Follow the steps below to brew this important potion:
- Put a water-filled glass bottle and Nether wart into the Brew Stand.
- Get an Awkward Potion that has no status effect.
- Put Magma Cream in the same slot that you used for the Nether wart.
- Brew a fire resistance potion and add it to your inventory.
This recipe works the same way on all Bedrock Editions of Minecraft. Bedrock Edition is what they now call Minecraft editions for:
- Pocket Edition (PE).
- Xbox One.
- Nintendo Switch.
- Windows 10.
You’d also use the same recipe on the Java and Education Editions of Minecraft.
How to Make a Fire Resistance Splash Potion in Minecraft
Gather your ingredients because it’s time to make a splash fire resistance potion. For this recipe, you’ll need one gunpowder and one fire resistance potion per bottle of fire resistance splash potion.
Once you have the ingredients, interact with the brewing stand to open the interface and follow these steps to create the potion:
- Put the fire resistance potion in one of the bottom three horizontal boxes.
- Place the gunpowder in the upper-middle slot.
- Let it brew and then take the new potion.
Just remember that you need to place Blaze powder in the slot in the upper left corner of the interface to brew any potion. Blaze powder lasts for multiple brewing sessions, though, so you may want to keep an eye on it and always have another on hand.
How to Use a Fire Resistance Potion in Minecraft
If the fires around you are getting a little too hot, using a fire resistance potion is the easiest solution. Simply equip it and then press the “use item” button for your platform. The “use item” button is different depending on the platform you’re playing on:
- Xbox – Left trigger
- PlayStation – L2 button
- Windows 10 and Java Editions – Mouse right-click
- Pocket Edition (PE) – Fish icon button
When you take the potion correctly, you’ll see a very brief drinking animation. After the animation, you get temporary immunity to all forms of fire-based damage, including lava.
How Do You Make All the Potions in Minecraft?
You can make a variety of potions in Minecraft, and not all of them are beneficial.
Some of the most popular “positive effect” potions include:
• Regeneration – Ghast Tear + Awkward Potion
• Healing – Glistering Melon Slice + Awkward Potion
• Invisibility – Fermented Spider Eye + Potion of Night Vision
• Water Breathing – Pufferfish + Awkward Potion
Negative potions are also available in Minecraft like:
• Harming – Fermented Spider Eye + Potion of Healing + Potion of Poison
• Weakness – Fermented Spider Eye + Awkward Potion
You can also make potions that remove negative effects:
• Antidote – Silver + Awkward Potion (poison cure)
• Eye Drops – Calcium + Awkward Potion (blindness cure)
• Tonic – Bismuth + Awkward Potion (nausea cure)
What Is the Potion of Fire Resistance in Minecraft?
The potion of fire resistance protects the player against all fire-related damage, from natural fire dangers to enemies equipped with fire elemental weapons. The standard potion lasts for three minutes, but you can add Redstone Dust to a regular potion of fire resistance to extend the timer to eight minutes.
Is Netherite Fireproof?
Netherite itself is fireproof and bounces or floats on lava lakes. But wearing Netherite armor is a different story. It does not make the player fire-proof or immune to fire damage. You may negate some fire damage when you wear Netherite armor, but that’s the same for any armor that you wear, versus wearing no armor at all.
Does the Fire Resistance Potion Work in Lava?
Yes, you can swim in lava the way you would in water after you take a fire resistance potion.
How Do You Make a Fire Resistance Potion in 8 Minutes?
It actually takes less than eight minutes to brew a fire resistance potion if you have all the ingredients on hand. You can, however, make a potion that lasts eight minutes as opposed to the standard three minutes. You just need to add Redstone Dust to a bottle of fire resistance potion at the brewing stand.
Don’t Let a Little Heat Cut Your Adventures Short
The further you get in the game, the more you’ll notice that fire is a big hazard in Minecraft. And you’ll need a way to protect yourself from fire damage or you won’t get far.
Get into the practice of brewing fire resistance potions whenever you’re near a brewing stand and always have them in your inventory. You never know when you’ll come under fire.
What’s the average number of fire resistance potions you carry in your inventory? Let us know in the comments section below.