How to Make Just One Cell Bigger in Excel
Are you looking for a way to enlarge a single cell on Excel without affecting the other cells in the row or column? If yes, you’re not alone. The online spreadsheet is used by millions of people every day, many of whom have a similar problem. Excel has a well-thought-out interface, no doubt about that. A spreadsheet with multiple cells with the same dimensions is not only easy on the eye but also helps you to capture as much data as possible.
You’ll be pleased to learn that increasing the size of just one cell is possible simply by Merging the surrounding cells. In this article, we’ll show you how to go about it.
How to Make Just One Cell Bigger in Excel on a PC
Microsoft Excel works great with PCs. For starters, you’ve got a large screen to view your data without needing to strain too much. In addition, you can use Excel alongside other applications in the larger Microsoft family, including Microsoft PowerPoint and Microsoft Word.
Most importantly, you can tweak your file to make just one cell bigger than the others, for whatever reason.
- Identify the cell you’d like to enlarge, clear the adjacent cells in all directions, and then highlight the entire batch. You could probably move the data contained in those cells to some other location within your document.
- Click on the Home tab at the top of your4 document.
- Navigate to the “Alignment” section and click on the down arrow next to “Merge & Center.”
- Select “Merge & Center.”
And with that, you’ll have created a larger cell that’s surrounded by other cells of the standard size. You can then proceed to populate the cell however you want.
How to Make Just One Cell Bigger in Excel on an iPhone
Merging cells is an easy way to make just one cell bigger on Excel when running the application on an iPhone.
Here’s how to go about it:
- Open the Excel file of interest.
- Identify the cell you’d like to enlarge and then clear all the adjacent cells.
- Tap the original cell. At this point, a blue highlight will appear around it. You should also see a blue dot in both the top left and bottom right corners of the cell.
- Drag the blue dots to select all the cells you’d like to merge the original cell with.
- Tap on “Merge” at the bottom of your screen.
This will instantly create one bigger cell that can accommodate the data you wish to enter.
How to Make Just One Cell Bigger in Excel on an Android Phone
If you prefer handling all your Excel tasks right on your Android phone, here’s how to increase the size of just one cell without affecting the other cells in your spreadsheet:
- Open your Excel file.
- Navigate to the cell you’d like to enlarge and clear the adjacent cells.
- Tap the original cell.
- Drag the blue handles around the cell to select all the other cells you’d like to merge.
- Tap on “Merge” at the top of your screen.
Make Room for Anything You Want
One of the best things about Microsoft Excel is that it can be customized to fit your needs. If you want to make space for a cell that’s bigger than all the other cells in the spreadsheet, the “Merge & Center feature is incredibly useful.
Whether you’re running Excel on a PC or mobile device, you can tweak your document to highlight values or make room for an image or graph in just a few steps.
Have you tried to make just one call bigger in Excel using the method described in this article? How did it go?
Let us know in the comments section below.