How to Make a Photo Collage with Google Photos
Everyone likes to share their favorite pictures on social media, but the process can be tedious when you have to add dozens of photos from a single event. Making a collage of photos can speed things up and make it easier for you to upload everything you’ve wanted. You can fuse multiple images into a single image to get a more significant impact.
There are many different platforms and apps that allow you to create beautiful photo collages. In this article, we are going to show you how to get it done using Google Photos.
Creating Collages in Google Photos
Google Photos was created for a specific task of handling your photos. It allows you to store, share, and edit your photos how you like them before sharing them online. The collage feature is another handy function that will enable you to create beautiful photo collages in no time at all.
You can use Google Photos from your browser, or you can download the app, but the results are the same. You can find out how to create collages using both platforms below.
Making a Photo Collage with Google Photos on the Web
If you want to use your browser to create a photo collage in Google Photos, here is what you have to do:
- Open Google Photos in your browser.
- Upload the photos you want to use for your collage. If your photos are uploaded already, continue to the next step.
- Select the “Utilities” option from the menu.
- When the available options pop-out, select “Collage.”
- Select the photos you want to add to your collage. A small checkmark will tell you which photos have been selected.
- If you can’t find some photos, you can use the “search photos” box to find a specific picture.
- When you’ve selected all of the images, hit “Create.”
- Google Photos will arrange the photos you’ve selected automatically.
- The created collage will be saved to your Google Photos.
- Open the collage to see how it looks.
- Make changes by clicking on the “Edit” tool. You can adjust the color, rotation of the collage, and perform some other minor tweaks.
- Hit the “Done” button when you’re finished, and the changes will be saved.
You should know that you can’t change the layout of the collage you create. You can’t arrange, adjust, or crop the photos, as this feature is fully automatic.
Making a Photo Collage Using the Google Photo App
You can also create collages by using the Google Photos app on your mobile device. The process is similar, so you shouldn’t have a hard time doing it. Here is what you have to do:
- Open the Google Photos app.
- Tap “Library” in the bottom right corner to open the menu.
- Select “Utilities” from the menu.
- You can now select the method you want to use to create a collage.
- Select the “Collage” option, and you will be prompted to choose the photos you want to add to the collage.
- Choose the images you want to add so they have a blue checkmark on them.
- When you have picked all of the photos, hit “Create” on the right-hand side of the screen.
- The collage you created will be saved to your Google Photos and will pop-up on your screen.
- Make slight changes by using the “Edit” feature.
- Choose the photos you want to use for your collage.
- Tap the + icon found on the toolbar at the top of the app.
- A menu will pop-up. Select “Collage.”
- The photos you’ve selected will be arranged into a collage and saved to your Google Photos automatically.
- Edit the collage to make slight changes the same way you would when using your browser.
Creating photo collages with Google Photos is almost effortless. The results look great, but it’s a pity that you can’t make many changes like picking a different layout for your collage. Still, if you’re looking for an app you can use to create a photo collage in a matter of seconds, Google Photos is just what you need. It’s one of the easiest photo-collage creating apps to use.
Show How Creative You Are
Since you can’t really make a lot of changes when creating a collage in Google Photos, you can perhaps edit the photos you want to add in another app or editing program before you use Google Photos to create a collage. That will give your collage a unique look, and you’ll be able to come up with some fun ideas. With a little practice, you should start putting some cool photo collages together in no time.
Do you use Google Photos to create collages? If not, what is your favorite photo collage app? Tell us more about it in the comment section below.