How to Make a Photo Collage in an Instagram Story
Instagram is the number one website for creating and sharing photos. You can put together some great pictures if you know how to use the available effects. Today, we will investigate how to make cool photo collages on Instagram. The process is straightforward and only takes several minutes. Keep reading and learn how to create a photo collage in an Instagram Story.
Creating an Instagram Collage using Stickers in iOS and Android
Using “Stickers” on Instagram is perhaps the best method to create a collage if you want total control over its appearance. When you go into “Your Story” and choose the “Stickers” option, you get to pick and customize your background and pick or create photos for the collage. The main advantage of this method is that there are no restrictions on the number of images you can have in your collage. Rotate them, resize them, move them, and overlap them to your heart’s content. You can make some cool collages!
- Launch Instagram.
- Tap on “Your Story” at the top or tap the ““ icon at the bottom.
- If you tapped the ““ icon in “Step 1,” select “Story” at the bottom of the screen. If you tapped “Your Story,” just continue to “Step 3.”
- To add the background, tap the thumbnail icon on the bottom left to choose an existing image or simply take a picture to serve as your background. If you want a black background, place your camera facing down on a surface.
- Slide up from the bottom of the background image (not the screen) to bring up “Sticker” options. Tap on the “Gallery” icon next to the “Camera” one to bring up your Images/Camera Roll library on your phone.
- Choose an image to add to your collage, which will become a sticker on your background. The image now appears over your chosen background.
- Resize and rotate the image as needed by using two fingers, then hold down on it to move it around to wherever you want. You can redo everything later as needed.
- If you need to delete an image, hold down on it and slide it down into the trash can icon that appears.
- Repeat “Steps 4 -6” for each image you want to add to your Instagram collage.
- When finished, tap “Your Story” in the bottom-left corner.
- Follow the prompts to complete the process.
If desired, you can also edit your background in the first steps to make it pop!
Create an Instagram Collage Story using the Layout Option
The Instagram Layout option is a feature that allows you to create images using various layouts and features, notably the collage feature. However, you get restricted to specific collage layouts that limit the number of photos you can use, such as a 2×2, 4×4, 3×3, or 1 x3 configuration. Furthermore, the feature does not allow images to get placed in random sections or overlap each other. Using the Instagram Layout option is perhaps the easiest of the collage options, but it has its limits. Here’s how to create an Instagram collage Story using the Layout option.
- Launch the Instagram app from your smartphone.
- Tap on “Your Story.”
- Select the “Layout” icon on the left-side vertical menu.
- Choose your layout option, such as “1×3,” “4×4,” “3×3,” etc.
- Choose your images for each section, starting with the upper-left region. To add images, tap on the gallery icon in the lower-left corner or tap the white circle to snap an image from your camera.
- Once you selet the image, tap on the “checkmark.” to confirm. Your image gets addes to the collage.
- Repeat “Steps 4-5” to add an image to each pre-arranged seciton of your collage.
Other Ways to Add Photos to Your Instagram Collage
When using Instagram Stories to make a collage on Android or iPhone, you can specify the source of the image. Not only can you add some pictures and screenshots from your image gallery, but you can also choose photos from WeChat, Downloads, Facebook, and other folders that contain images you created.
You can download images from an online cloud service and use them in your Instagram collage to go one step further.
Adding The Finishing Touches to Your Instagram Stories Collage
- You can tap the photos to set their arrangement from the front to the back.
- You can change the background color you picked by choosing the “Brush Tool,” then hit “Select Color” and hold your finger on the screen until it turns into the color you want.
- You can then add borders and hand-drawn illustrations with the “Brush Tool.”
- You can also add “Stickers,” “Emoticons,” and other effects to make your collage stand out.
That’s everything you need to know to create Instagram Stories with multiple pictures. If you want to develop something unique, you should think about using third-party apps with special effects.
Third-Party Apps that Make Unique Collages for Your Instagram Story
Instagram comes with only so many effects that you can use to create your Stories. So if you want to come up with something unique, you’ll need some help from third-party apps that have additional effects and features. Here are some of the most popular image editing apps you can use.
A Design Kit
The A Design Kit is a popular app that can help you breathe some life into your Instagram Stories. You can find dozens of stickers, backgrounds, brushes, textures, colors, and other tools you can use to make your photos stand out. The effects will make your stories colorful, and you can add your personal touch to make your collages instantly recognizable.
Adobe Spark Post
The Adobe Spark Post app is among the best options for absolute beginners. The app has several thousands of templates you can use for Instagram Stories. It also offers millions of stock photos, fonts, filters, and other valuable resources.
Mojo will provide you with all the tools you need to create a unique Instagram Story. Use animated templates to make a more significant impact and impress your followers and clients. You can customize them to your liking by adding effects, animations, colors, cropping, and so on.
The app allows you to use animated templates for both videos and photos. Use your creativity to develop some fantastic Instagram Stories that will engage your existing followers and draw in new ones.
Make Your Instagram Stories Irresistible
You have to put extra effort into creating Instagram Stories if you want to engage your followers. Most stories created with Instagram look very similar, so users scroll through them. But if you add some extra effects to your collage with a third-party app, everyone is going to want to see it. With a bit of practice, your Instagram Stories could become a hit on the social media platform.