How to Make a Photo Collage in an Instagram Story
Instagram is the number one website for creating and sharing photos. You can put together some great pictures if you know how to use the available effects. Today, you’ll see how to make cool photo collages on Instagram. The process is straightforward and only takes several minutes. Let’s get started!
Creating an Instagram Collage on iOS and Android using Stickers
The “Stickers” feature on Instagram is perhaps the best method to create a collage if you want total control over its appearance. Stickers can be a combination of images, photos, or pre-included graphics.
When you go into “Your Story” and choose the “Stickers” option, you can pick and customize your background and select or create images for the collage. The main advantage of this method is that there are no restrictions on the number of photos/images/stickers you can have in your collage. Rotate them, resize them, move them, and overlap them to your heart’s content. You can make some cool collages!
- Launch the “Instagram app.”
- Tap on “Your Story” at the top.
- To add the background, tap on “any displayed image/thumbnail” or select the “camera” thumbnail that is first on the list.
- If you chose the camera, snap a picture to make it your background. For a black backdrop, face your camera down on any surface.
- When the background loads, slide the bottom of it upward (not the entire phone screen) to bring up the “Sticker” options.
- To include an image as a sticker in your collage, select the “Gallery” icon, then choose one from the gallery.
- To include a camera photo, tap on the “Camera” icon, which will launch your front-facing camera.
- To use stickers instead of images, tap on them from the list.
- Next, resize and rotate each image using two fingers, then hold down on it and move it around wherever you want. You can layer images and add more if desired.
- If you need to delete a particular image, hold down on it and slide it down into the trash can icon that appears.
- Repeat “Steps 4-10” for each image/photo/sticker you want to add to your Instagram collage.
- OPTIONAL: When finished editing, choose how to publish your Instagram Story, such as choosing some close friends, sharing it on Facebook, or none to post it to everyone that follows you.
- When you’re ready to publish your Instagram Story Collage, tap “Your Story” in the bottom-left corner.
If desired, you can edit your background in the first steps to make it pop!
Create an Instagram Collage Story using the Layout Option
The Instagram Layout option is a feature that allows you to create images using various layouts and features, notably the collage feature. However, you get restricted to specific collage layouts that limit the number of photos you can use, such as a 2×2, 4×4, 3×3, or 1×3 configuration. Furthermore, the feature does not allow images to get placed in random sections or overlap. Using the Instagram Layout option is perhaps the easiest of the collage options, but it has its limits. Here’s how to create an Instagram collage Story using the Layout option.
- Launch the Instagram app from your smartphone.
- Tap on the “plus” icon (add icon) in the top right section and select “story.”
- Select the “Layout” icon on the left-side vertical menu.
- Choose your layout option, such as “1×3,” “4×4,” “3×3,” etc.
- Choose your images for each section, starting with the upper-left region. To add images, tap on the gallery icon in the lower-left corner or press the white circle to snap one from your camera. Repeat for each section of the layout
- When finished with adding your images, tap on the “circled checkmark” to save the collage and move on to the next step.
- Your collage appears on the screen. Make further edits using the options at the top or tap on the “Your story” icon to publish it.
Other Ways to Add Photos to Your Instagram Collage
When using Instagram Stories to make a collage on Android or iPhone, you can specify the source of the image. Not only can you add some pictures and screenshots from your image gallery, but you can also choose photos from WeChat, Downloads, Facebook, and other folders that contain images you created. You can download images from an online cloud service and use them in your Instagram collage to go one step further.
Third-Party Apps that Make Unique Collages for Your Instagram Story
Instagram has only so many editing features you can use to create your Stories. So if you want to come up with something unique, you’ll need help from third-party apps with additional effects and options. Here are some of the most popular image editing apps you can use.
A Design Kit
The A Design Kit is a popular app that can help you breathe some life into your Instagram Stories. You can find dozens of stickers, backgrounds, brushes, textures, colors, and other tools you can use to make your photos stand out. The effects will make your stories colorful, and you can add your personal touch to make your collages instantly recognizable.
Adobe Spark Post
The Adobe Spark Post app is among the best options for absolute beginners. The app has several thousands of templates you can use for Instagram Stories. It also offers millions of stock photos, fonts, filters, and other valuable resources.
Mojo will provide you with the tools you need to create a unique Instagram Story. Use animated templates to make a more significant impact and impress your followers and clients. You can customize them to your liking by adding effects, animations, colors, cropping, etc.
The app allows you to use animated templates for both videos and photos. Use your creativity to develop fantastic Instagram Stories that will engage your existing followers and draw in new ones.
Make Your Instagram Stories Irresistible
It would be best if you put extra effort into creating Instagram Stories to engage your followers effectively. Most stories created with Instagram look very similar, so users scroll through them. If you add some extra effects to your story, more people will want to see it. Do you have any experience or questions with creating collages or other engaging effects on Instagram stories? Let us know in the comments below