How to Change Your Windows 10 Wallpaper
Be it a work computer or a personal desktop or laptop, making your Windows 10 device feel like your own is incredibly important. If you want to alter the fantastic new Windows 10 wallpaper provided by Microsoft, there are two very simple ways to do so.
Here we’ll show you the quick way, the slightly long-winded route, and how to use the Photos app to personalise your desktop. Don’t worry, though, these methods only take a couple of minutes and don’t require you diving into a warren of submenus.
Changing Your Windows 10 Wallpaper Using Personalize
- Make sure you’re on the Windows 10 desktop. You can do this quickly by pressing the Windows key + “D” on your keyboard. Right click on your current background and select “Personalise” from the menu.
- The first page in Personalisation is “Background” exactly what we need.
- Now, choose a background image by either clicking on one of the default images from Windows 10, or by clicking “Browse”. You’ll just have to navigate to where you’ve saved the desired image on your computer.
- Once done, you can change how your background appears by clickin on “Choose a fit”, altering it so that it fills the whole screen, fits inside it, stretches to cover it, tiles across it, or is just centred. You can also set it to display a slideshow of selected images by clicking “Background.”
Changing Your Windows 10 Wallpaper Using the Settings Menu
- Open up the Start menu and find the “Settings” option located above “Power” on the Start menu or in the “All apps” option.
- Once in Settings select “Personalisation” from the menu.
- Just like the steps above for replacing the background image, select one of the stock photos from Windows 10, or hit “Browse” to find one on your PC.
- Again, if you want to change the background to a slideshow or adjust the picture size, then click on “Background” or “Choose a fit.”
How to Change Windows 10 Wallpaper Daily
If you like a little variety when staring at your desktop background, this section is for you.
- Open the “Personalisation” page in the Settings menu by following one of the methods mentioned above.
- Click on “Background” and select “Slideshow.”
- Now, click the “Change picture every” dropdown menu and select “1 day.”
You can easily adjust the slideshow to change at another time interval if desired, just select it from the options. Also, you click the “Shuffle” toggle switch for even more variety.
Changing Your Windows 10 Wallpaper: Using Microsoft’s Photo App
- Open the Start menu and navigate to “All apps” to find the Photos app.
- Find the image in Photos you want to make your new background.
- Once in the image, click the “…” on the right-hand side of the window and select “Set as background”
- Voilà! That’s it – you’re done and dusted and have a shiny new background for your Windows 10 machine
Looking for a VPN to use with Windows? Check out Buffered, voted as best VPN for the United Kingdom by BestVPN.com.