How to Mirror a Screen to an LG TV
Nowadays, you have all sorts of devices that you can use to watch streamed content. You can utilize your tablet, phone, or laptop to indulge in the latest TV series. However, the disadvantage of doing so is that the screen can be pretty small.
Fortunately, you can mirror your screen to your LG TV to watch content on a larger display. You can use several devices to cast your shows to your television screen. In this article, we’ll look at how to mirror each of them to your LG TV.
How to Mirror an iPhone Screen to an LG TV
To mirror content from your iPhone to your LG TV, you’ll need to have a set made after 2019. You’ll also require a model that’s compatible with Apple AirPlay 2.
Mirroring directly from your iPhone to your LG TV might not be possible if you have an LG TV made before 2019. However, some great workarounds can get you there. Some apps like YouTube and Hulu have in-built features that allow you to cast content to your television screen, but this won’t give you full mirroring capabilities. You’ll only be able to view and control what is on your screen at that particular moment.
Check out the different methods to mirror your iPhone to an LG TV screen.
How to Mirror iPhone Screen Using AirPlay2
If your LG TV is on the list of models that support AirPlay2, you’ll be able to mirror your iPhone screen to your TV display. Here’s how to do that:
- Ensure that your iPhone and your LG TV are on the same wireless network.
- Go to the content that you want to mirror.
- Click “AirPlay” and select your LG TV from the list displayed.
Your iPhone screen will now be mirrored on your LG TV.
How to Mirror iPhone Screen Using Third-Party Apps
If your LG TV was manufactured before 2019, you might need to use third-party apps like AirBeamTV to mirror your iPhone screen. Let’s look at how to mirror a screen with AirBeamTV.
- Download and install the AirBeamTV app on your iPhone.
- Launch the app and select your TV from the list displayed.
- Press “Start Mirroring” for your iPhone screen to appear on the TV.
You’ve now used a third-party app to display your iPhone screen on your LG TV.
How to Mirror iPhone Screen Using Chromecast
You can use Chromecast to mirror your iPhone screen to your LG TV indirectly. The iPhone casts content to Chromecast, which mirrors the video to the television display. The instructions below will show you how to do that.
- Connect the Chromecast dongle to the TV set.
- Download the Google Home Companion app to your iPhone.
- Click the Chromecast app, which will now be available on supported apps.
- Select the LG TV from the list displayed to begin mirroring.
You have now used Chromecast to display your iPhone screen on your LG TV.
How to Mirror an iPad Screen to an LG TV
Apple’s AirPlay2 can mirror your iPad screen to your LG TV. To use this feature, you’ll need to have a TV set that’s newer than 2019. It should also be AirPlay2 compatible.
If you have an older LG TV, you might not be able to mirror your iPhone to your TV directly. There are several methods that you can use to get around this issue. Apps like YouTube and Netflix have built-in features that allow users to stream content to their TV, but this isn’t full mirroring.
Here’s how to mirror your iPad screen to your LG TV.
How to Mirror iPad Screen Using AirPlay2
If your LG TV is on this list of models that support Apple’s AirPlay2, you can use the app to mirror your iPad’s screen to your TV. Check out the steps below to get started:
- Connect your TV and iPhone to the same wireless network.
- Locate the content that you would like to display on your TV.
- Press “AirPlay” and choose your TV from the list that appears.
Content will now be mirrored from your iPad to your LG TV.
How to Mirror iPad Screen Using Third-Party Apps
If you have an LG TV made before 2019, you might want to use an app like AirBeamTV to mirror your iPad screen. The steps below will show you how to start mirroring.
- Download and install AirBeamTV on your iPhone.
- Open the app and click on your LG TV from the list displayed.
- Click “Start Mirroring” to begin the process.
Using a third-party app, you’ve now mirrored your iPad screen to our LG TV.
How to Mirror iPad Screen Using Chromecast
Chromecast is a feature developed by Google that allows you to cast content from your device to your TV screen wirelessly. You can use a Chromecast to mirror content from your iPhone to your TV, as shown below.
- Insert your Chromecast dongle into your LG TV.
- Download and install the Google Home Companion app on your iPad.
- Tap the Chromecast app that will now be available on supported apps.
- Pick your TV from the list that appears to begin the process.
You’re now mirroring your iPad screen on your LG TV using Chromecast.
How to Mirror an Android Screen to an LG TV
One of the most useful features of an LG TV is “Screen Mirroring,” which allows users to view their smartphones on the TV screen. Most Android devices also come with this feature which LG refers to as “Screen Share.” However, your Android will also need a mirroring app such as Miracast, Wi-Fi Direct, or HTC Connect.
Check out how to mirror your Android screen to an LG TV with the steps below.
- Turn your LG TV on and press “Screen Share” from the home menu.
- Open your Android device and head to the screen mirroring apps like SmartThings on Samsung phones.
- Select your TV from the list displayed.
Your smartphone and LG TV will start communicating, and your Android screen will be displayed on your LG TV.
Onto a Larger Screen
Screen mirroring is a helpful feature that allows you to watch your phone’s content on your TV screen. The advantage here is that you can view your videos in a larger format. This tutorial shows you how to mirror the screens of different devices to your LG TV, offering a better viewer experience.
Have you mirrored your smartphone screen to your LG TV? What method did you use? Let us know in the comments section below.