How To Fix Peacock TV Not in Full Screen
Peacock TV Picture in Picture mode is perfect for users who want to focus on other tasks as they catch up on their favorite shows. However, not everyone enjoys a “windowed” screen because the small display limits their viewing experience. But how do you resolve the issue?
Keep reading to learn how to fix Peacock TV when not in full screen.
How to Adjust Peacock TV to Full Screen on Samsung
This video streaming service has a growing fan base all over the world. As mentioned, you can only enjoy a “windowed” screen mode if you’re multitasking.
Here’s how you can adjust Peacock TV to full screen on Samsung:
- Go to “Menu.”
- Select “Picture.”
- Scroll down the dropdown menu and choose “Picture Size Settings.”
- Select an aspect ratio from the displayed options. The best options are “16:9” or “Screen Fit.”
You can also try pressing “P. SIZE” on your remote to adjust your TV screen.
Changing Peacock TV to Full Screen on Roku TV
Roku devices have a dedicated Peacock TV app for their users. You may, however, find that you aren’t enjoying a full experience because the screen is stuck in “windowed” mode.
Here’s how you can fix it:
- Switch on your TV and launch the Peacock streaming service.
- Select a show to play.
- Press the “*” control button on your Roku remote. An “Options” panel on your screen’s left pane will be displayed.
- Browse through the options and select “Picture size.”
- Scroll through the formats and select your preferred screen size. Your screen will change to display the effects of each selection.
- Enjoy a full screen size when watching Peacock TV.
Alternatively, you can try disabling Zoom on your Roku device by following the steps below:
- Switch on your Roku TV and locate “Settings.”
- Select “Display type.”
- Choose “720p” TV and click on “Confirm.”
- Press the “Home” button on your Roku remote.
- Launch Peacock TV, and it should be displayed in full-screen mode.
Be aware that this is a temporary solution, and rebooting your device will revert the Peacock TV screen to “windowed” mode.
Changing Screen Display Settings
You can also try to fix the Peacock TV “windowed” mode by adjusting your screen display settings.
- Go to “Settings.”
- Choose “Device Preferences.”
- Select “Display and Sound.”
- Adjust TV output settings to 1080.
Although this works for most users, you might have to try different output settings to get your Peacock TV to full-screen mode.
Setting Peacock TV to Full Screen on Chrome Browser
Several browsers support the Peacock TV streaming service. Here’s how you can watch Peacock TV on full screen when watching it on the Chrome browser:
- Launch Chrome browser.
- Open Peacock TV streaming service.
- Navigate to the screen’s bottom right and click on the “Full Screen” icon.
- Hit the “Escape” button or click the “Exit Full-Screen button” to revert to the old screen format.
Setting Peacock TV to Full Screen on Microsoft Edge
Some users have reported problems streaming Peacock TV on Microsoft Edge. Thankfully, there’s a way to resolve it:
- Launch Microsoft Edge.
- Open “Settings.”
- Select “Hardware Acceleration” and toggle the option.
- Enjoy Peacock TV in full-screen mode using the Microsoft Edge browser.
Adjusting Peacock TV on Amazon Fire Stick Device
One reason your Peacock channel may not be displayed in full screen is enabling the zoom magnifier. Here’s how you can deactivate it for a better viewing experience:
- Go to “Settings.”
- Scroll through the options and select “Accessibility.”
- A new screen will be displayed. Browse the “Accessibility” panel and choose “Screen Magnifier.” This will turn the option off.
- Return to the main screen; your device should be in full mode.
Understanding Peacock TV Windowed Mode
All TVs are designed to follow a specific aspect ratio for perfect viewing. This refers to the proportion of your width screen to the image height displayed on the screen. Most modern TVs follow the 16:9 aspect ratio. This is wider compared to old television sets which followed 4:3.
If the TV you’re using follows this aspect ratio and the show you want is in the 16:9 format, the size of the show will be reduced. This will cause black bars to appear at the bottom and top of your screen to account for the reduced image height.
Troubleshooting Peacock TV Not Full Screen Issue
Watching content on a “windowed” screen can be frustrating. The solutions below will help you fix the “windowed” screen mode when using the streaming service on your PC.
Change Display Settings
Some viewers complained that they can’t return to full mode after making an upgrade. It’s possible for display settings to change after running an update. You should check to ensure that they match your monitor resolution.
Update Your Smart TV
Some TVs automatically update themselves, saving owners undue stress. However, if you experience trouble with your device, you may need to update it manually. Here’s how you can do it over the internet:
- Turn on your TV and go to “Menu.”
- Choose “Settings.”
- Select “Device Settings” or “Device Information.”
- Click on the option that highlights software updates. Your PC will scan for updates automatically. You can also select “Check for Updates” to find available ones.
- Allow the device to download and install the update.
Return to your Peacock TV screen to check whether the issue has been resolved.
Alter Graphic Settings Through Updates
Outdated graphic drivers can cause display issues. The images showing on your PC screen may be overriding the full-screen mode. To eliminate the problem, users should do the following:
- Open Peacock TV and go to “Settings.”
- Select the dedicated graphics card controller.
- Turn on the full-screen mode.
Update and Reinstall the Video Adapter Driver
If your computer’s video adapter driver isn’t operating correctly, it’ll affect your display mode. Here’s how you can fix it:
- Open Windows 11, Device Manager.
- Go to the “Display adapters.”
- Right-click on the video display adapter and select “Update driver.”
- Restart the PC to see whether the issue has been resolved.
Contact Peacock TV Customer Support
If none of the solutions highlighted above can fix this issue, it’s best that you contact the support team. Here’s what you can do to reach them by email:
- Visit Peacock TV’s website.
- Send an email. Make sure you’re signed in to Peacock TV.
There’s also an option to reach them via phone, social media, or chat with live agents on the website.
Enjoy a Seamless Viewing Experience
The Peacock TV interface continues to undergo changes and development. As such, new updates can cause issues. You should contact the Peacock TV support team for assistance in fixing the problem. Regularly visiting the community forums can also inform you about the latest updates and how to overcome them.
Have you ever encountered the Peacock TV not full screen issue? If so, which method did you use to fix it? Let us know in the comments section below.