How To Pin a Friend’s Conversation on Snapchat
Avid Snapchat users know how quickly their chat page can get overwhelmed with various conversations. If you usually chat with lots of people every day, some important conversations can get lost in the crowd.
The solution to this problem is to pin a conversation. This way, you’ll always have it at the top of the page, regardless of whether the chat’s been active recently.
This article will show you how to pin a friend’s conversation on Snapchat on your device.
How to Pin a Friend’s Conversation in Snapchat on an iPhone
Conversation pinning was introduced for iPhone users in 2019. Today, the function is well-developed, and you can use it following the method below.
- Open Snapchat and tap the “Chat” icon. Alternatively, you can swipe right to enter the chat menu.
- With the chat screen open, find the conversation you want to pin. Tap it and hold until the menu shows up.
- Choose “Chat Settings.”
- In the next menu, select “Pin Conversation.”
It’s worth mentioning that you can pin no more than three conversations at the same time. If you rely on the pin function to keep your chats organized, you’ll have to ensure there’s room for a new pin.
How to Unpin a Friend’s Conversation in Snapchat on an iPhone
If you no longer want a conversation pinned on Snapchat, you can remove it from the top of your chat list using these steps.
- Launch Snapchat and go to the chat list. You can do this by swiping right or tapping the “Chat” icon.
- Tap and hold the pinned chat to bring up the menu.
- Select “Chat Settings” from the list of options.
- Tap “Unpin Conversation” to complete the action.
The person you’ve pinned or unpinned won’t be notified of either action.
How to Change the Pin Icon in Snapchat on an iPhone
You might want to have a different icon to represent a pinned chat instead of the default pin. You can’t assign different icons to different pinned conversations, although that would be useful when you need a quick reminder about the topic. Changing the pin icon represents an excellent customization option nevertheless.
Here’s how to change the pin icon to a different one.
- After opening Snapchat, tap your profile picture located at the top left.
- When you’re on your profile page, tap the “Settings” button in the top right. The option is represented with a gear icon.
- Scroll down through the Settings page until you reach “Additional Services.” Tap on “Manage.”
- Tap on the “Friend Emojis” option.
- Find and select “Pinned Conversation.”
- A list of icons will appear. Scroll through the selection and tap on the icon you want.
Can You Pin a Friend’s Conversation in Snapchat on an Android Device?
Pinning Snapchat conversations on Android devices isn’t possible at the moment.
The option became available for iOS users because Snapchat decided to test it with iPhone first. The company’s been receiving customer feedback for years about the missing feature. Still, it remains impossible to pin a conversation on an Android device.
This doesn’t mean the option won’t become available to Android users at some point. And when it does, it will likely function in a similar way to the iPhone version.
In the meantime, smartphone owners will have to settle for specific options being iPhone-exclusive.
Certain Snapchat clone apps might look and feel similar to the original, and feature conversation pinning on Android devices. However, clone apps are often deemed less secure and aren’t widely recommended, especially for users without sufficient tech and cybersecurity expertise.
Keep the Important Chats at Your Fingertips
If you have an iPhone, the option to pin conversations on Snapchat will come in handy. The most relevant chats will always be visible until you decide to unpin them.
With the straightforward method described here, you should have no issues pinning a conversation on Snapchat.
Did you pin a Snapchat conversation successfully? Which pin icon did you choose? Let us know in the comments section below.
Disclaimer: Some pages on this site may include an affiliate link. This does not effect our editorial in any way.