How to Delete a Pinterest Account Permanently
If you want to envision the perfect décor for your future home, Pinterest is the ideal place to start. You can create endless mood boards with interior design ideas and find the right quote for every occasion. But this visual discovery engine can get overwhelming at times as well.
After a while though, some people may no longer enjoy browsing through countless curated images and don’t intend to use them anymore. Fortunately, you have the option to delete your Pinterest account permanently.
The process is straightforward, and you can easily do it from almost any device. In this article, we’ll guide you through the process of closing your Pinterest account for good.
How to Delete Your Pinterest Account Permanently From a PC
Many people prefer to browse Pinterest and pin their selections on their computers. You get a better view of the items on the home feed and can manage the boards with just a few clicks.
If that was your browsing method of choice, then it’s likely how you’d want to delete the account. Follow these steps to close the Pinterest account permanently:
- Go to Pinterest using your browser and log into your account.
- Click on the downward arrow next to your profile picture in the top right corner of the browser.
- From the drop-down menu, select “Settings” under “More options.”
- Now, click on “Account Settings” from the list of options on the left side of the window.
- Scroll to the bottom of the screen and click on the “Delete account” option.
- A window will pop up, asking you for a reason for your decision. Choose the option that applies to you and then click on “Send email.”
- You will receive an email from Pinterest to confirm your choice to delete your account. In the message, click on the “Yes, delete account” button.
This action will immediately remove your Pinterest account, as well as the data associated with the account.
How to Delete a Pinterest Account Permanently From an iPhone
If you’re an iPhone user and tired of Pinterest, you can always uninstall the app. However, if you have other reasons and want to delete the account entirely, here’s how you can do so using your iPhone:
- Launch the Pinterest app on your iPhone and log into your account.
- Tap on your profile picture on the panel at the bottom of the screen.
- Now, tap on the three horizontal dots in the top right corner of the screen.
- A panel will appear at the bottom. Tap on “Settings” and then “Account Settings.”
- Scroll to the bottom of the screen and click on “Delete account.”
- A message on the screen will appear explaining that you are about to lose your account and all data. If you want to proceed, Pinterest will send you an email. Press the “Continue” button.
- Check your inbox and select the “Yes, delete account” button in the email to confirm your decision.
Keep in mind that the email might go to the junk mail folder, so if you don’t see it, check other locations too.
How to Delete Your Pinterest Account Permanently From an Android
Pinterest has ensured that their mobile app works the same regardless of which device you’re using. Therefore, Android users who want to delete their Pinterest account on a phone or tablet need to follow the same steps iPhone users do. Here is how it works:
- Open the Pinterest app on your Android device and log in with your credentials.
- Tap on your profile picture. It’s located at the bottom of the screen.
- Then, tap in the three horizontal dots in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Select “Settings” from the pop-up panel and then choose “Account settings.
- Scroll to the bottom and select “Delete account.”
- Pinterest will inform you that you’ll receive a confirmation email regarding the account removal. Tap on “Continue.”
- When you open the email from Pinterest in your inbox, make sure to click on the “Yes, delete account” red button to follow through.
If you have trouble finding the email from Pinterest, it’s possible it was misplaced in a different folder. You can search by typing in the subject line that says, “Last security check to delete your account,” and expedite the process.
How to Delete Your Pinterest Account Permanently From an iPad
Some people would prefer to delete their Pinterest account permanently directly from an iPad. Fortunately, the process is identical to what iPhone and Android users need to do, but they benefit from a larger screen. Here is how to quickly remove the Pinterest account from an iPad:
- Open your Pinterest app on iPad and use your login info.
- Tap on your profile (one of the four buttons on the panel at the bottom of the screen.)
- Then, tap on the three horizontal dots in the top right corner.
- Select “Settings” from a pop-up menu and then choose “Account settings.”
- The “Delete account” option is at the very bottom of the screen. Once you tap on it, you’ll see a new message from Pinterest.
- To continue the process, they’ll send you an email to confirm this decision. Tap on “Continue.”
- The email will automatically land in your inbox. Once you open it, make sure to tap on the “Yes, delete account” button.
Only after the email confirmation is sent back to Pinterest will your account be deleted.
Can I just disable the account temporarily?
The answer is yes, you can. Pinterest gives users the option to take a break from Pinterest without shutting down their accounts permanently.
Essentially, this action ensures that no one can see your Pins and your profile. You also lose any links to YouTube, Etsy, Instagram, and any other associated platform.
Conveniently, the “Deactivate Account” option sits right above the “Delete account” regardless of the device.
Pinterest will prompt you to leave a reason why you’re deactivating your account, and that’s it. You can go back and activate your account at any time by simply signing in with your information.
Can I undo my account deletion?
Once it’s permanently deleted, you can’t do anything about reinstating your Pinterest account. However, once you go through all the steps to delete your account, you still have 14 days to change your mind.
The email you received from Pinterest to confirm that you want to delete the account states this clearly. You can, at any point during these two weeks, log in with your info again. If you do, Pinterest will send you a reactivation email, and you can start using the account as before.
Saying Goodbye or See You Later to Pinterest
If you have been using Pinterest for a while, you probably have many pins that serve as an inspiration. However, if you find yourself spending too much time dreaming up a “Pinterest-perfect” life, perhaps it’s time to take a break from it.
If you’re sure you won’t need your Pinterest account anymore, go ahead and permanently delete it. Keep in mind that you will have two weeks to change your mind.
On the other hand, if all you need is a hiatus, and you’re sure you’ll return to browse for interior design and cute animal pictures, then deactivating the account for a while is a simpler solution. Either way, the process is quick and easy.
Do you use Pinterest? Have you ever thought about deleting it permanently? Let us know in the comments section below.