How to Create a Board in Pinterest
As a Pinterest user, you will know you can save as many pins as you like. To keep your pins organized and easy to find, you can categorize each of them onto a Pinterest board. Saving these pins to your different boards is simple, but creating a new board is a little more challenging.
If you want to save a new collection of pins, you have come to the right place. Here we will show you how to create a new board in a few simple steps.
How to Create a Pinterest Board on a PC
There are two ways to create a Pinterest board. The first allows you to create a new board from your profile page. You can then add pins to it at a later stage. You can also create a new board when saving a pin. This second option is great for those times you find a pin you want to keep but don’t have an appropriate board to save it to.
Pinterest works on various devices. If you use your PC to do most of your pinning, then these are the steps to follow to create a new board from your profile:
- Navigate to Pinterest on your web browser and log in to your account.
- Open your “Profile” page by clicking on your profile picture on the top right of the screen.
- Beneath your name, to the right of the page, you will see a plus sign icon. Click on it.
- A drop-down menu will ask if you want to create a “Pin” or a “Board.” Select “Board.”
- A “Create Board” pop-up will open. Here, type in the name of your new board.
- Check the box next to “Keep this board secret” if you wish to hide it from your followers.
- Click “Create”.
- A menu will come up with suggested pins to add to your new board. You can add these pins to your board by clicking the red “Save” button on the top right of each pin. Alternatively, click “Done” at the bottom right to skip this step.
To create a new board while saving a pin, you will need to use these steps:
- Once you have logged on to Pinterest, navigate to your “Home” feed.
- Find a pin you want to save and hover your cursor over it.
- On the top-left of the pin, a downward-facing arrow will appear next to the name of the suggested board. Click this arrow.
- A “Save to Board” pop-up menu will open. At the bottom will be an option to “Create New Board.” Click it.
- The “Create Board” pop-up will open. To the left will be the pin you want to save. On the right, type in the name of your new board.
- Slide the “Secret” toggle to the right to turn it on and make your board hidden.
- Add collaborators to the board if you want to allow others to save pins to it.
- Click “Create” at the bottom right of the menu when you are done.
A message will come up informing you your pin has been saved to your new board.
How to Create a Pinterest Board on an iPhone
If you prefer using the Pinterest App on your iPhone, you can follow these instructions to create a new board from the profile screen:
- Launch the Pinterest App.
- Tap on your “Profile Picture” icon.
- To the right of the “Search Your Pins” bar is a “Plus Sign” icon. Press it.
- On the “Create” menu, choose “Board.”
- A “Create Board” menu will appear. Key in the name of your new board.
- Add in collaborators if you want to, and choose the “Secrecy” setting for your board.
- Tap “Create” at the top right of the screen.
- Add suggested pins to your board or select “Done” to finish.
Saving a pin to create a new board is relatively easy on an iPhone:
- Open the Pinterest App.
- On the “Home” screen, find a pin to save and tap on it.
- Press on “Save” at the bottom of the pin.
- Choose “Create Board” from the menu that pops up.
- Type the name of the board.
- Select whether you want to make your board “Secret” by sliding the toggle left or right.
- Add collaborators or skip this step by tapping “Create.”
Your pin will save to your new board.
How to Create a Pinterest Board on an Android Phone
Creating a new Pinterest board on your Android device is relatively straightforward. Here is how to go about making a new board from your profile:
- Launch Pinterest on your device.
- Locate your profile picture on the bottom right of the screen and tap it.
- Find the “Plus Sign” icon on the far right of the screen next to the “Search Your Pins” bar and press it.
- A “Create” menu will come up. Tap “Board.”
- Type in a board name.
- Add in collaborators if you wish.
- Choose whether to make your board secret by turning the “Secret” toggle on or off.
- Tap “Next” in the top right corner.
- Add new pins to your board from the suggestions provided, or press “Done” to complete the process.
If you want to create a new board on your Android device when saving a pin, this is how you would go about it:
- Launch Pinterest on your device.
- On your “Home” screen, find a pin you want to save and tap on it.
- Tap “Save” at the bottom right of the screen.
- On the menu that opens, choose “Create Board.”
- Name your new board.
- If you want to, add collaborators and select the “Secrecy” setting of your board.
- Tap “Create” in the top right of the screen.
A notification will let you know your pin has been saved to the newly created board.
How to Create a Pinterest Board on an iPad
If you mostly access Pinterest from your iPad, it is important to know how to create a new board on this device. Here is how to do it from your profile:
- Once you have opened the app on your iPad, tap your “Profile Picture” icon.
- Press the “Plus Sign” icon on the far right of the screen.
- From the menu that opens, choose “Board.”
- On the “Create Board” menu, give your new board a name.
- Add collaborators and select the “Secrecy” setting for your board.
- Tap “Create.”
- Add suggested pins to your board or press “Done” to skip this step altogether.
Saving a pin to create a board on Pinterest takes only a few steps on your iPad:
- Open the app and find a pin to save.
- Tap the pin and choose “Save” at the bottom of the screen.
- Select “Create Board.”
- Type in the name for your new board.
- Set the “Secret” toggle to on or off and add collaborators if you wish to.
- Press “Create.”
Start Pinning to Your New Board
Creating a new board on Pinterest is relatively straightforward once you know how. Follow these simple instructions a few times, and you will soon be creating new boards like a pro.
The only thing you’ll need to worry about is what pin to save next!
Have you created a new Pinterest board before? Did you use a method similar to those shown in this article? Tell us about your experience in the comments section below.
Disclaimer: Some pages on this site may include an affiliate link. This does not effect our editorial in any way.