How to Remove Someone From Best Friends on Snapchat
If you use Snapchat a lot, you might want to know how to remove someone from your best friends list. The app analyzes who you talk to most and who you send the most snaps to, and then designates them as your best friend. But sometimes, things change, friends fall out, and you might want to delete that person from your profile.
If you’re looking to change up your snapchat besties, we’ve got you covered. In this article, we’ll show you how to remove someone from your best friends list.
Overview – How to Remove Someone From Best Friends on Snapchat
Remove Someone From Best Friends by Deleting Them
The first option is probably the simplest if you want to delete a contact completely from your list of friends. Here’s how it’s done:
- Open your app and go to the Chat function in the bottom left corner of the screen. This will take you to your contact list.
- Choose the friend you want to remove by clicking on their Bitmoji profile icon, which will take you to your friend’s profile.
- At the top right corner, there will be three little dots. Click on them to see the options to block or delete to contact.
Removing a friend is a temporary option that will still allow them to message you. Note that if you change your mind, you will be able to add them back at a later date. However, blocking a friend is more permanent – by choosing this option, you’ll not only remove them from your list of friends, but remove yourself from theirs. They won’t be able to see your Snap score again.
How to Remove Someone From Number One Best Friends on Snapchat
Remove Someone From Best Friends by Replacing Them
The third method might also take a bit more time, but it’s still relatively straightforward.
Sending fewer snaps to who you want removed from your best friends list while sending more to other friends will do the trick. Simply put, interacting more with other people will prompt the algorithm to change the status of your contacts.
You can also restrict the interactions with your unwanted best friend by muting their stories, messages, and notifications.
All you have to do is follow these steps:
- Go back to the “Chat” menu at the bottom corner of your screen.
- Click the Bitmoji of the friend you want removed, and find the vertical ellipsis in the top right corner.
- Below the “block” and “remove” options, you’ll find the “mute game and mini notifications,” and “mute the story.” This will help you to avoid the interaction and minimize it, speeding up the process.
How to Remove Someone From Best Friends on Snapchat Without Deleting Them
Remove Someone From Best Friends by Tricking the Algorithm
If you’re looking for a less dramatic way to remove someone from your best friends list, this method might work better for you.
At the beginning of this article, you read about how the Snapchat’s algorithm works. A simple solution to this problem is to lower your interaction with the person in question. By sending fewer snaps and messages, the algorithm will start tracking the change, altering the status of your best friend over time. You might have to wait between 10 to 15 days for this to happen, but you’ll, no doubt agree, that it’s a much subtler way of going about things.
However, do note that the time period can vary based on how many contacts you have, and how often you interact with them.
Hiding Best Friends on Snapchat
Don’t worry – no one else but you can see your Snapchat best friends. However, they are displayed on your screen. If you don’t want to see them, or you don’t want someone else to see them, you can easily hide them from view.
Granted, you can’t hide who your best friends are on the “Send to” screen, but you can hide them on the “Chat” screen. Here’s how:
By Changing the Related Emoji
If you’re an Android user, follow these steps:
- Open your profile by clicking on your Bitmoji icon in the top-left corner, then tap the cog icon in the top right which will open your “Settings.”
- By scrolling down, you should see the option called: “Customize emojis.” This option will show you which emojis label your friends as: “Super BFF,” “BFF,” “Bestie,” “Close friend,” “Good friend,” and similar.
- From there, tap on the emoji you want to change, and then pick another one to replace it. It can be any emoji you want, as long as it’s not the one already chosen for another field.
If you are an IOS user, follow these steps:
- Open your profile and find the cog icon.
- Find the option “Manage” and tap the “Friend emojis” bar.
- Repeat the process the same way as previously explained. If you want to, you can easily switch back to the old default later by clicking the “Reset to default” button.
Another Tip to Consider
Did you know that you can pick the number of best friends you have on Snapchat? Whether you want to limit it to one or expand it to eight (which is the maximum number Snapchat currently allows), you can quickly change this from the default (three Snapchat best friends) with a few clicks!
Follow the next steps to find out how:
- Open “Settings,” and scroll to the “Manage” option.
- Select the “# of Best Friends.”
- Edit the number to your liking.
Navigating Snapchat Isn’t as Challenging as It Might Appear!
Don’t worry about your Snapchat best friends. Just because you’re not interacting with someone on the app as much as you are in real life, doesn’t mean you’re not good friends still. This platform is supposed to be fun and interactive, so keep that in mind.
Have you ever removed someone from your best friend list on Snapchat? Did you use any of the methods featured in this article? Let us know us in the comments section down below.