How To Remove a TikTok Filter from a Video
TikTokkers love to use filters to inject a little extra pizazz into their videos to make them more engaging. Filters are an ideal way to showcase personality and create unique content.
TikTok offers an extensive library of different types, and everyone can have fun trying out different filters to see how they fit the video. However, at times the completely unfiltered version of a video is the best.
If you want to know how to strip the filters on your videos, including the ones added by TikTok, keep reading.
How to Remove a TikTok Filter
You can remove filters from your videos before or after recording, or from drafts. Once a video is posted, you won’t have the option to remove them. Follow these steps to remove filters from your videos.
Remove TikTok Filters From Drafts
It’s pretty straightforward to remove filters from your TikTok drafts, and can be done on any draft that isn’t posted.
- Open TikTok, then select your profile icon or create an account.
- Go to “Drafts” and choose the video.
- In the top left, hit the “Back” button. On the editing options screen, choose “Effects.”
- Hit the “Undo” button. If the video has more than one filter, tap “Undo” several times.
- When done, hit the “Next” button to continue.
- On the “Filters” screen, choose “None” to remove all filters.
Remove TikTok Filters Before or After Recording
By default, TikTok will add some filters to enhance your videos. You have the option to remove these additions.
- Open TikTok and press the “Plus” button to record a video.
- To the right of the editing options, choose “Filters.”
- Choose “Portrait,” then “Normal.”
- Beside the “Record” icon, tap on “Effects.”
- Select the effect as “None.”
- Go to “Beautify” to set all the values to zero via the “Face” and “Makeup” tabs.
Can You Remove a TikTok Filter From Someone Else’s Video?
TikTok doesn’t allow you to customize or tweak another user’s video. You can only remove filters from the videos you’ve created using the abovementioned methods. Many people try to download and edit other people’s videos; however, their attempts are in vain. Tweaking a user’s video is unethical and potentially illegal, as the creator owns the video.
Can You Remove a TikTok Filter on Snapchat?
Unfortunately, there is no option to remove a TikTok filter on Snapchat, nor is there a third-party app that does this as of the time of this writing.
How to Remove a Rotoscope Filter on TikTok
Rotoscope filters are exceptionally trendy among TikTokkers. Turning the people in your videos into silhouettes with just their outline visible is such a neat effect. However, if you’ve changed your mind, you will not have the option to remove the Rotoscope filter once the video is saved or uploaded. You do have the option to delete it just after filming; here’s how.
- Open TikTok.
- After recording your video, tap on the “Cancel” icon on the upper-left corner.
The Rotoscope filter will be removed from your video.
How to Manage Your TikTok Filters
Since TikTok offers an endless selection of filters, it can become time-consuming to search for the ones you like. To avoid scrolling through the whole list, follow these steps to manage them.
- Open TikTok, then tap the “+” icon to access the camera.
- From the options on the right, choose “Filters.”
- Swipe through the tabs to choose “Management.”
- Now check the boxes beside the filters you prefer using to save them as your “favorites.”
- Uncheck the filters you don’t use.
Now you’ll be able to access and apply filters from the “favorites” section.
How to Remove a TikTok Sticker
TikTok stickers can make videos more expressive and enhance the feel of a video. But if you want to remove the sticker from one of your videos, you can do so before posting it; here’s how.
- On the video in question, find the sticker you want to delete.
- Long-press, then drag the sticker toward the top center of the screen. The “Delete” option will display.
- Move the sticker to the delete icon. Once it turns red, release it, and it will be deleted.
Note: It is not possible to delete stickers after posting the video.
When the Original TikTok Clip Is Better
TikTok’s filters and stickers can enhance the appearance of the video and make it more interesting. In this day and age, you’ll rarely find a video or picture without them. TikTok promotes filters by including them by default as you create your video. If you prefer the look of the natural version of your video, you can remove all filters on your videos before posting or when they’re saved to draft.
Tell us about one of the TikTok videos you’re most proud of in the comments section below.