How to Repost Someone Else’s TikTok Video
Not all TikTok videos need to be 100% original. Some accounts dedicate to reposting other people’s videos. Of course, getting the creator’s permission beforehand is always best to avoid any complaints.
TikTok discourages its users from reposting each other’s content by including a TokTok watermark with the username on saved and reposted videos. Fortunately, you can repost videos without the watermark.
Read on to learn how to repost someone else’s video without the watermark using various devices.
Note: A TokTok repost in this context is NOT the same as using the “Repost/Recommendation” link under the “Share” option, which places the user’s video in your friends’ “For You” section to see. This article refers to posting a video on your profile directly for others to view.
How to Repost Someone Else’s TikTok Video on an iPhone
Here’s how to repost a fellow TikToker’s video without the TikTok logo and poster’s username:
- Launch “TikTok,” go to the video you want to repost, then tap the “share icon” on the right.
- Scroll to and choose “Other” in the middle row of options with social media icons.
- Select “Copy” to save the video URL to your clipboard.
- Visit SnapTik, where you can download the TikTok video without the watermark. Paste the video link into the empty field and tap “Download.”
- Once the video is processed, choose from the listed source options, such as “Download Server 01,” “Download with app (SnapTik),” or “Download Server 02.”
- Select “Download” in the iPhone prompt.
- Open the “Files” app and tap on “Downloads” to confirm the file is there.
- Your file should appear in the “Downloads” folder to view.
- The downloaded video should appear without the TikTok logo and username watermark.
- To repost the user’s video without the watermark, tap on the “+” icon and choose to upload the file as usual.
The TikTok logo is now missing from the reposted video.
How to Repost Someone Else’s TikTok Video on an Android Device
Here’s how to remove the TikTok logo and repost someone else’s video using your Android device:
- Open “TikTok” and find the video you want to repost.
- Tap the “share” icon on the left of the video.
- In the menu, beneath the “Share to” section, choose “Copy Link” to save it to your clipboard.
- Go to the “TikTok Video Download“ website to download and save the video without the TikTok logo.
- Paste the video link into the “Paste” box on the website.
- Tap the “Download” link to start the download process.
- Once the video is processed, three download buttons appear, including options like “Download Server 01,” “Download Server 02”, “Download with app,” “Download Server 03,” or something similar.
- Choose any button to download the video. It then asks you to confirm whether you want to view or download it. If one server fails, try another button.
- Tap “Download.”
- Once the download is complete, press the “download” icon in the top left section to open the video.
- To save the video to your camera roll, hit the “share” icon in the bottom right section, then choose “Save.”
- Repost by tapping the “+” icon at the bottom.
- On the recording screen, select “Upload” to access your camera roll.
- Find and select the saved video, then tap “Next.”
- Now you can edit and crop the video length if you wish, then tap “Next” when finished.
- Include a caption for the video and press “Post.”
The video now gets reposted without the TikTok logo.
How to Repost Someone Else’s TikTok Video on a PC
TikTok’s desktop app offers a slimmed-down version of the mobile app. However, installing a powerful Android emulator like BlueStacks lets you access the full version using a PC or Mac. Follow these steps to install BlueStacks:
- Navigate to “bluestacks.com“ and click the “Download” button.
- Once downloaded, BlueStacks launches automatically and looks like a mobile screen.
- With the “Game Center” tab selected, click “Google Play Store” beneath the “Recommended for you” section on the home screen.
- Sign in to Google, then enter a search for “TikTok.”
- Select “Install.” The TikTok app will show up on your home screen.
- Launch “TikTok.” It will appear the same way as it does on your phone.
- Sign in to your account.
- To download the video without the TikTok logo, locate the video you want to repost.
- On the video, click the “share” icon.
- Once in the menu, click “Copy Link” beneath the “Share to” section. The video link will save to your clipboard.
- Go to the “TikTok Video Download“ website to download the video.
- Paste the video link into the website’s “empty field.”
- Click the “Download” icon to start the download process.
- When the video is processed, three download buttons will appear, such as “Download Server 01,” “Download Server 02,” “Download with app,” “Download Server 03,” or something similar.
- Click any button to download the video, then confirm. If one server doesn’t work, you can try another one.
- Click “Download.”
- Once downloaded, you can open it by selecting the download in the top pulldown menu.
- Save the video to your camera roll by clicking the “share” icon on the bottom navigation bar, then choose “Save Video.”
- To repost the video on TikTok, click the plus “(+)” sign icon in the bottom navigation bar of the TikTok app.
- On the recording screen, access your camera roll by selecting “Upload.”
- Select the saved video, then click “Next.”
- You can edit and crop the video length, then select “Next.”
- Add a caption for the video and click “Post.”
The reposted video will not include the TikTok logo.
Repurposing TikTok Content
There are plenty of reasons why you’d want to save or repost another TikTok creator’s content. You may find it funny or agree with it, or maybe you want to make it easier to reference later. Although TikTok allows you to save and repost videos, it will display its logo on videos saved and reposted within the app. You can use the TikTok Video Download tool to remove the logo from a video.
Be sure not to infringe on someone else’s copyright or trademark, or TikTok may remove the video after the creator complains. Before reposting someone else’s video, always ask them for permission and give them credit by mentioning them in your caption.
What kind of content do you like to repost? Tell us in the comments section below.