How to Repost Someone Else’s TikTok Video
Not all TikTok videos need to be 100% original. In fact, some accounts are dedicated to reposting other people’s videos. Of course, it’s always best to get the creator’s permission beforehand to avoid any complaints.
TikTok discourages its users from reposting each other’s content by including a TokTok watermark with the username on saved and reposted videos. Fortunately, you can repost videos without the watermark.
Read on to learn how to repost someone else’s video without the watermark using various devices.
Note: A TokTok repost in this context is NOT the same as using the “Repost/Recommendation” link under the “Share” option, which just places the user’s video in your friends’ “For You” category to see. This article is referring to posting a video on your profile for others to view.
How to Repost Someone Else’s TikTok Video on an iPhone
Here’s how to repost a fellow TikToker’s video without the TikTok logo and poster’s username:
- Launch “TikTok,” go to the video you want to repost, then tap the “share icon” on the right.
- Scroll to and choose “Other” in the middle row of options with social media icons.
- Select “Copy” to save the video URL to your clipboard.
- Visit SnapTik where you can download the TikTok video without the watermark. Paste the video link into the empty field and tap on “Download.”
- Once the video is processed, choose from the listed source options, such as “Download Server 01,” “Download with app (SnapTik),” or “Download Server 02.”
- Select “Download” in the iPhone prompt.
- Open the “Files” app and tap on “Downloads” to confirm the file is there.
- Your file should appear in the “Downloads” folder to view.
- The downloaded video should appear without the TikTok logo and username watermark.
- To repost the user’s video without the watermark, tap on the “+” icon and choose to upload the file as usual.
The TikTok logo is now missing from the reposted video.
How to Repost Someone Else’s TikTok Video on an Android Device
Here’s how to remove the TikTok logo and repost someone else’s video using your Android device:
- Open TikTok and find the video you want to repost.
- Tap the share icon on the left of the video.
- In the menu, beneath the “Share to” section, choose “Copy Link.” The video link will be saved to your clipboard.
- Go to the TikTok Video Download website to download and save the video without the TikTok logo.
- Paste the video link into the empty field on the website.
- Tap the “Download” icon to start the download process.
- Once the video is processed, three download buttons will display, “Download Server 01,” “Download Server 02”, and “Download Server 03.”
- Choose any button to download the video. You’ll be asked to confirm whether you want to view or download the video. If one server fails, try another button.
- Tap “Download.”
- Once the download is complete, press the download icon on the top navigation bar to open the video.
- To save the video to your camera roll, hit the share icon on the bottom navigation bar, then “Save Video.”
To repost the video on TikTok:
- On the bottom navigation bar of the TikTok app, tap the plus (+) sign icon.
- On the recording screen, press “Upload” to access your camera roll.
- Find and select the saved video, then hit “Next.”
- Now you can edit and crop the length of the video if you wish, then tap “Next” when finished.
- Include a caption for the video and press “Post.”
The video will be reposted without the TikTok logo.
How to Repost Someone Else’s TikTok Video on a PC
TikTok’s desktop app offers a slimmed-down version of the mobile app. However, installing a powerful Android emulator like BlueStacks lets you access the full version using a PC or Mac. Follow these steps to install BlueStacks:
- Navigate to bluestacks.com and click the “Download” button.
- Once downloaded, BlueStacks will launch automatically. It looks like a mobile screen.
- With the “Game Center” tab selected, click “Google Play Store” beneath the “Recommended for you” section on the home screen.
- Sign in to Google, then enter a search for TikTok.
- Select “Install.” The TikTok app will show up on your home screen.
- Open TikTok. It will appear the same way as it does on your phone.
- Sign in to your account.
To download the video without the TikTok logo:
- Using TikTok, locate the video you want to repost.
- On the video, click the share icon.
- Once in the menu, click on “Copy Link” beneath the “Share to” section. The video link will save to your clipboard.
- Go to the TikTok Video Download website to download the video.
- Paste the video link into the website’s empty field.
- Click the “Download” icon to start the download process.
- When the video is processed, three download buttons will appear: “Download Server 01,” “Download Server 02,” and “Download Server 03.”
- Click any button to download the video, then confirm. If one server doesn’t work, you can try another one.
- Click “Download.”
- Once it’s downloaded, you can open it by selecting the download icon on the top navigation bar.
- Save the video to your camera roll by clicking the share icon on the bottom navigation bar, then “Save Video.”
To repost the video on TikTok:
- On the bottom navigation bar of the TikTok app, click the plus (+) sign icon.
- On the recording screen, access your camera roll by selecting “Upload.”
- Select the saved video, then click “Next.”
- You can edit and crop the length of the video if you wish, then select “Next.”
- Add a caption for the video and click “Post.”
The reposted video will not include the TikTok logo.
Repurposing TikTok Content
There are plenty of reasons why you’d want to save or repost another TikTok creator’s content. You may find it funny or agree with it, or maybe you want to make it easier to reference later. Although TikTok allows you to save and repost videos, it will display its logo on videos saved and reposted within the app. To remove the logo from a video, you can use the TikTok Video Download tool.
Be sure not to infringe on someone else’s copyright or trademark, or else the video may be taken down after the creator complains. Before reposting someone else’s video, always ask them for permission and give them credit by mentioning them in your caption.
What kind of content do you like to repost? Tell us in the comments section below.