How to Save TikTok Videos to Your Camera Roll
TikTok is one of the most popular apps right now, and It is continuously growing. You can connect with millions of people on it and watch their videos. The video count on this gigantic platform is also in hundreds of millions.
You can easily download your TikTok videos, but also videos from other people. If you want to know how to save TikTok video to the Camera Roll on your phone, you are in the right place.
Read on and learn about several methods for saving videos from TikTok, including the native save feature.
Native TikTok App Save Feature
After registering for an account, you’ll be able to record, share, and save TikToks (that’s what videos on TikTok are called). The TikTok app has a native option for downloading your videos, but it sometimes doesn’t allow saving videos made by others. We’ll cover that soon enough, but here the steps for downloading your TikTok videos to your Camera Roll:
- Start TikTok on your Android or iOS smartphone or tablet.
- If you want to download a video made by others, find it using the search bar, and play it. If you’re going to get your video, visit your profile page and play the video.
- Next, tap the Share (arrow) icon in the bottom-right corner of your screen.
- Then, select Save Video (download icon).
- When the download completes, you’ll be able to access the video from your Camera Roll (Gallery) on your device. You can find it under the generated TikTok album name in your Camera Roll.
Saving Videos That Can’t Be Downloaded
That makes no sense. How do you download a video from TikTok if a user that posted it restricted all downloads? There is a workaround, and here are the steps to do it:
- Launch TikTok on your device.
- Find the video you want to save to your Camera Roll.
- Select Share like you did before.
- Choose Share as GIF, right of the Save Video option.
- TikTok will convert the video into a GIF. Wait until your phone saves the GIF.
- Access the GIF from the TikTok album in your Camera Roll.
By now, you probably know that TikTok has a time limit for all of the TikToks (15 seconds). Because the video files aren’t that big, TikTok can easily convert them into GIFs.
Alternatives and Saving TikTok Videos on PC
The vast majority of TikTok users use iPhones or Android phones to access TikTok. The best way to save videos to your Camera Roll is directly through TikTok, without the use of any external apps or websites.
Many apps on the App Store and the Play Store offer free video recording or downloading. If you have to use one of them, get one with the best reviews and a lot of user feedback. There is also a website called musicallydown.com, which you can use to download TikTok videos to your computer.
Just copy-paste the link of the desired video into the appropriate field on the website and click Download. You can also choose to keep or remove the TikTok watermark. All the videos on TikTok have watermarks for user protection.
If you wish to transfer TikTok videos from your Camera Roll to your computer, you can do that freely, via a cable connection and your device’s native software.
Enjoy Your New TikTok Video Collection
If you are on TikTok, you know that TikTok is a place of memes, songs, and cool dance moves. TikTok allows you easily share its content with others, but sometimes you want to save some memorable moments just for you.
With the tips we showed you, that shouldn’t be a problem anymore. What is your favorite type of videos on TikTok? Let us know in the comments section below. You can also tell us about your favorite TikTokers, influencers, dancers, singers, etc.