How to Send a Message on Facebook to Multiple Friends
Facebook Messenger is a popular service that allows users to message anyone with a Facebook account. You can use the function from within Facebook or separately within the Messenger app.
Facebook Messenger is great for group chats. Unlike group texts, you can assign admins, add or remove other users, and quickly locate shared media or files. This article will teach you everything you need to know about sending Facebook messages to a group of friends.
Things to Know
Before you begin sending Facebook messages, you should know a few things. If you’re already familiar with how to send messages, skip ahead. But, for those of you who are new to the platform, this section is for you.
To start, there are several ways to access Facebook Messenger:
- Use the Facebook Messenger app for iOS or Android. You must install this app if you’re using a mobile device.
- Use Facebook’s website.
- Use the Facebook Messenger website. This website provides more functionality than the Facebook website.
You can download the Messenger app on your mobile device or use the website on your computer or phone.
Next, you must send friend requests to anyone you want in your Facebook Messenger group. You wish to friend other users you’d like to message because if you aren’t friends, your messages will go into their Message Request folder, and they may not see it.
Finally, when you’ve figured out which Messenger platform you want to use and compiled your Facebook friends, it’s time to start messaging!
How to Send a Facebook Message to Multiple Friends
You can create Messenger groups and send texts to up to 150 friends simultaneously. In the following sections, we’ll show you how to do that using the abovementioned platforms.
How to Send a Facebook Group Message using the Facebook Website in a Web Browser
If you prefer to use a web browser, you can follow these steps to add multiple friends to a Facebook chat:
- Open “Facebook” in your PC’s browser and log into your account.
- Click on the “Messenger icon” in the upper right corner.
- Tap on the “new message icon” in the upper right corner of the dialogue box.
- Start typing the names of friends you’d like to add to your message.
- After you type one name, add another. When you’ve added everyone, start typing your first message.
Now, you can return to this group anytime to communicate a message. You’ll find it in your conversation list.
How to Send a Facebook Group Message using the Messenger Website in a Browser
If you would instead use the dedicated Facebook Messenger website, follow these steps:
- Navigate to the “Facebook Messenger website” and log in to your “Facebook” account.
- Click the “new message icon” in the menu to the left.
- Start typing the names of friends you want to add to your group.
- Keep adding names until you’ve included everyone. Then, start typing your message.
Now, the group message will appear in your list of conversations so that you can go back to it anytime.
How to Send a Messenger Group Message using the Android/iOS/iPhone App
If you prefer to use the mobile Messenger app to chat with your friends, follow these steps to add multiple friends to a group chat:
- Open the “Meta Messenger app” and tap the “pen icon” in the upper right corner.
- Tap on “Create new group.”
- Start typing your friend’s names or scroll through the list and check the bubbles to the right.
- After adding all your friends, tap “Next” in the upper right corner.
- Type a name for your group, then tap “Create.”
- Now, you can send messages to your group of friends.
Like the methods above, you can quickly find your new group chat in the conversations section of the Messenger app.
How to Moderate Your Facebook Group Message
Now that you know how to send a message to multiple friends on Facebook, you may be interested to learn a few tricks that will help you moderate your new group. Here are some things you can do:
How to Add More Members to Your Messenger Group
If you missed a few friends or you want to expand your group, you can. Here’s how:
- Open “Messenger” and navigate to the correct group.
- Tap on the “i” icon in the upper right corner.
- Select the “Add” option under the group’s name.
- Select the friend you want to add and tap “Next” in the upper right-hand corner.
How to Remove Members from Your Messenger Group
You can remove members from your Messenger group chat as easily as adding them. Here’s how:
- Navigate to the group and tap on the “i” icon.
- Select “See Group Members.”
- Choose the user you’d like to remove.
- Tap “Remove from group.”
Remember that a message will appear, letting everyone in the chat know you removed the group member.
How to Turn on Member Requests in Messenger
You can turn on Member Requests if you don’t want anyone else to invite members. Here’s what to do:
- Open the correct group chat and tap the “i” icon in the upper right corner.
- Select “Member Requests.”
- Toggle the option “On.”
Now, only you or group admins can invite other users.
How to Add Administrators to Your Messenger Group
Managing a group all by yourself can be tedious. But, you can assign other users the power to make necessary changes. To add admins, do this:
- Open the group message and tap on the “i” icon.
- Select “See Group Members.”
- Tap the “Admins” tab, then select “Add.”
- Choose your new admins from the list.
Messenger Group FAQs
Can I leave a Messenger Group?
Absolutely! If you no longer wish to be a part of the group, you only need to tap the “i” icon from within the group. Then, scroll down and select “Leave Group.” Confirm that you’d like to leave the chat.
Can I delete or unsend a message?
Yes! If you accidentally sent a message, long-press the text, then tap “Unsend.” Finally, select “Remove for everyone.”
Your message will disappear, but the rest of the group will see a notification that you removed a message.
Can I delete a group?
Yes, you can delete a Messenger Group only if you created it, but it takes a few steps and is a bit of a workaround. Here’s what you need to do to delete a group you created:
1. Open the group and remove all members (see instructions above).
2. Tap on the “i” icon from the chat.
3. Tap the “three dots” in the upper right corner.
4. Choose “Delete Conversation.”
Now, the chat will completely disappear.