How to Send a Video From iPhone to PC
With the massive popularity of video-sharing today, you’ve likely received a video or two in the past week, if not more. Videos take up a considerable amount of storage space on your phone and can add up quickly. And if you want to email a large video from your phone to access elsewhere, it usually needs to be less than 25 megabytes to send.
However, where there is a will, there’s always a way. This article will take you through various methods for transferring a video from your iPhone to your PC or Mac.
How to Send a Video From iPhone to PC
Your iPhone usually comes equipped with a USB cable as a standard accessory. Using it is one way to connect to your PC. Here’s how to transfer videos from your iPhone to Windows and macOS:
- Connect your iPhone to your computer using the USB cable.
- Unlock your iPhone, then choose “Trust this Computer” to allow access to your phone’s videos if prompted.
- In “File Explorer,” navigate to “This PC,” “(your iPhone’s name),” “Internal Storage,” “DCIM,” then “100APPLE.” There you’ll see all your photos and videos from the Photos app.
- Now, copy or drag the video from your iPhone to your desktop.
- Use your iPhone USB cable to connect your phone to your Mac.
- Unlock your phone and trust your computer if prompted.
- Open the “Photos” app on your Mac if it doesn’t open automatically.
- In the side left bar of “Photos,” select your iPhone.
- Either select “Import All New Videos” or choose a video to transfer to your Mac, then click “Import Selected.”
- Your video will be imported to your Mac. Click on your iPhone to verify that the transfer was successful.
How to Send a Video From iPhone to PC via Bluetooth
Once you’ve paired your iPhone with your PC or Mac, you can transfer your video over Bluetooth. Follow these steps to share the video using Bluetooth:
- On your PC, click “Start,” “Settings,” “Devices,” then “Bluetooth & other devices.”
- Select “Send or receive files via Bluetooth.”
- From “Bluetooth File Transfer,” choose “Send Files” and select your PC as the device to send the files to, then click “Next.”
- Click “Browse,” then select the video to send from your iPhone.
- Choose “Open,” “Next” (to send it), then “Finish.”
- Your PC may prompt you to accept the file.
With Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and “AirDrop” enabled on your iPhone and Mac, you can transfer the video to your Mac over Bluetooth. Here’s now:
- Ensure Bluetooth and “AirDrop” are enabled on your iPhone and Mac.
- Open the “Photos” app on your iPhone.
- Locate the video you wish to transfer, then click on the Share icon at the bottom.
- Select “AirDrop.”
- On your Mac, click “Accept” to accept the video.
How to Send a Video From iPhone to PC via WiFi
There are several ways you can wirelessly transfer a video from your iPhone to your PC and Mac, including via the VLC desktop app and iCloud, respectively.
First, ensure both your iPhone and PC or Mac are using the same network connection, then follow these steps:
- Navigate to the App Store for the VLC for iOS app, then download and install it on your phone.
- Tap the “Photos” app and find the video you want to transfer.
- Press the share icon, then choose “Save to Files,” “On My iPhone,” and “VLC” to import the video to the VLC app.
- Open the VLC app and press the icon in the top left.
- Enable the “Sharing via Wi-Fi” option, then note the IP address displayed.
- On your PC, open a browser and enter the IP address.
- Your video will appear. Play the video and right-click the window, then choose “Save Video as” to save it to your computer.
- Enable “iCloud Photos” on your iPhone by selecting “Settings,” “(your name),” “iCloud,” “Photos,” then turning on “iCloud Photos.”
- On your Mac, click the Apple icon, then choose “System Preferences.”
- Select “iCloud,” then sign in with your Apple ID credentials. If prompted, enter the information requested to complete the verification process.
- Next to “Photos,” select “Options,” then check the “iCloud Photos” option.
- Your iPhone photos and videos will be synced to your Mac over Wi-Fi. You can access the video you want via your Mac by opening the “Photos” app.
Relocating Your Videos
There are plenty of options available to transfer iPhone videos to your computer or other devices. Some include using a USB cable to connect your iPhone to the computer, sharing the file over Bluetooth using “AirDrop,” and transferring the file wirelessly using apps like VLC for iOS or iCloud. All methods ensure that your video arrives intact for enjoyment via the bigger screen of your computer.
Do you use video-sharing apps? If so, tell us about them and the types of video content you enjoy sharing in the comments section below.
Disclaimer: Some pages on this site may include an affiliate link. This does not effect our editorial in any way.