How To Share a YouTube Video to an Instagram Story
Repurposing your YouTube content on other social media platforms such as Instagram helps you grow your brand and generate traffic. However, there is no direct way to share a video from YouTube to Instagram.
This article is for you if you’re wondering how to share your YouTube video on Instagram. It’s a step-by-step guide that covers how to share a YouTube video to Instagram Story and Swipe Up.
Sharing YouTube Videos to Instagram Stories
Though sharing YouTube videos is not direct, you can do it with a few steps and clicks. However, the process may seem long and confusing if it’s your first time. But we’ll break it down for you.
There are two ways to share YouTube videos on Instagram Story:
- As a link
- As a post
Sharing YouTube Video via Link
Sharing a YouTube Video via a link on Instagram is a little more straightforward than adding it to post. Here’s how the process looks:
Copy Your YouTube Video Link
Open your YouTube video and copy the video link as follows:
- Click the “Share” button below the video title. You’ll see whether you’re using a PC or a mobile phone.
- Multiple sharing options will open up. Select the “Copy Link” option.
Open Your Instagram Account and Click the “Add” Sign
Here is how you find the “Add” sign:
- After logging in to your account, click your profile picture at the bottom of the navigation pane.
- You’ll find an “Add (+)” sign on the top of the navigation bar when it opens.
- Tap “Story” to add a new Story.
Click the Icon Sticker
When you tap “Story” in the step above, the Instagram camera opens and shows different options.
- Click “Create” to create a new Story.
- Tap the “Sticker icon” at the screen’s top.
Paste Your YouTube Link and Post
When you tap the icon sticker, multiple stickers appear if you’re using an updated Instagram app. Proceed as follows to share your video:
- Click the “Link” sticker.
- An “Add Link” page shows up. Paste the link on the “URL field.”
- You can preview the link, and if you find it okay, click “Done.”
- Click “Your Stories” below to post the video link.
Sharing a YouTube Video as a Post
Sharing a YouTube video as a post first requires you to have the video you want to share downloaded on your computer.
Prepare the Video for Instagram
Once you have downloaded the video, you can crop it to Instagram standards using the Inshot app.
- Open the “Video” to find the video.
- Open the video on the “Photos” app.
- Select the “Crop” option at the bottom to adjust the video’s frame.
- Click the “9 to 16.” button.
- Select the “Check” button.
Post the Video on Your Instagram Story
Proceed as follows to post the video on your Instagram Story:
- Log in to your Instagram app and tap your profile at the bottom right corner.
- Click the “Plus” sign at the top of the navigation bar and select “Story.”
- Tap on “Videos” at the drop down menu.
- Choose the video you want to upload.
- Tap “Your Stories” to post it on your Instagram Story.
How to Share a YouTube Video on an Instagram Story with Swipe Up
Instagram users with more than 10,000 followers can use a Swipe Up feature. It allows you to share clickable links on your Instagram stories where your followers can access a link to a video by swiping up. Followers need not go to the bio to view the products or content you share.
If you don’t have 10,000 followers and you would want to use Swipe Up, you can download Instagram TV as a shortcut. It allows you to share longer videos of up to 15 minutes, and your followers can swipe up to access whatever you’re promoting.
Using Swipe Up helps create traffic and gives your audience a chance to interact with your brand. To share a YouTube video on Swipe Up, proceed as follows:
- Open YouTube and click the video you want to share. Click the “Share” option.
- Select “Copy Link.”
- Open your Instagram account and tap your profile at the bottom right corner.
- Click on the “Story” option.
- On top of the navigation bar, tap the option that resembles a chain. Click “URL” field and copy your YouTube video link on the text box.
- Tap “Done” and click “Your Story” to publish your link on Swipe Up.
How to Promote Your Swipe-Up Performance
Not everybody follows up on Instagram stories. To ensure you get the intended results out of Swipe Up, ensure that you:
- Post a teaser of your Instagram story on the main feed to raise the curiosity of your followers.
- Highlight your Instagram story to ensure it lasts more than 24 hours to create more engagement.
- Present your content interactively to encourage your followers to interact and engage with you.
Sharing Your Content
Sharing your content across social platforms allows you to reach a large audience and brings you growth. As we wait for Instagram or YouTube to create a way to share videos directly, the above options are the go-to. They’ll make the process seamless.
Do you wish there was a direct way to share YouTube videos on Instagram stories? Let us know in the comment section below.
Disclaimer: Some pages on this site may include an affiliate link. This does not effect our editorial in any way.
One thought on “How To Share a YouTube Video to an Instagram Story”