How to Forward a Message in Signal
If you use the Signal messaging app, you may wonder how to forward a message. Not only is it straightforward, but you can do it on both the mobile and desktop app. By forwarding messages to other Signal users or group chats, you’ll save the time you’d spend on rewriting the entire message. Forwarding is especially useful if it’s a rather long message that took you a few minutes to write.
In this article, we’ll show you how to forward a message in Signal on various devices. In addition, we’ll go through the process of forwarding a message from Signal to WhatsApp.
How to Forward a Message in Signal on the iPhone
The process of forwarding messages in Signal is quick and simple on the mobile app. Here’s how it’s done on an iPhone:
- Launch Signal on your iPhone.
- Go to the chat and the message location.
- Find the message and tap and hold the space outside the message.
- A pop-up menu will appear at the bottom of the chat.
- Tap on the arrow that’s pointing to the right.
- Select the person or group chat where you want to forward the message.
- Tap on the blue arrow in the bottom-right corner of the screen.
- Add a message, if needed.
- Select the “Send” button.
That’s all there is to it. You can forward the same message to up to five chats at once. It’s possible to forward messages to both individual and group chats. Aside from messages, you can also forward photos or links using the same method.
How to Forward a Message in Signal on an Android
If you want to forward a message to another chat in Signal on an Android device, follow the steps below:
- Open the Signal app on your Android.
- Proceed to the conversation that contains the message you want to forward.
- Tap and hold the space outside the message bubble, opening a pop-up menu at the bottom of your screen.
- Go to the “Forward” arrow pointing to the right on the bottom menu.
- Select the chat where you want the message to be forwarded.
- Choose the blue arrow in the bottom-right corner of the app.
- Add text or a symbol to the message if you wish.
- Tap on “Send.”
The message is immediately forwarded to the chat. Once the message is dispatched, you can’t un-forward it, so make sure to send it to the correct chat.
The only difference between the Signal app on an iPhone and an Android device is that you can only forward a message to one chat at a time. If you’re an iPhone user, you can forward the same message to up to five chats at the same time.
How to Forward a Message in Signal on a Windows 10 PC
If you’re using the Signal desktop app, you can also forward messages there. This is how to forward Signal messages on a Windows 10 PC:
- Open the Signal desktop app.
- Find the chat that you want to forward the message from and click on it.
- Locate the message and hover over it.
- Click on the three dots that will appear next to the message bubble.
- Select the “Forward” button.
- Choose the chat to forward your message. You can select up to five different conversations.
- Click on the “Next” arrow button.
- Modify the message if you need to.
- Go to the “Send” button.
Keep in mind that the person you forwarded the message to will know that the message was forwarded. However, there is no way for them to find out the origin of the original message.
How to Forward a Message in Signal on a Mac
To forward a message in Signal on your Mac, follow the steps below:
- Launch the Signal desktop app on your Mac.
- Click on the chat where the message you want to forward is.
- Find the message and hover your cursor over the message bubble.
- Click on the three dots next to the message.
- Choose the “Forward” button.
- Select all the chats where you want to send the message.
- Proceed to the “Next” arrow button.
- Edit the message if you’d like.
- Click on the “Send” button.
How to Forward Multiple Messages at Once in Signal
Not only can you forward one message in Signal, but you can also forward multiple messages simultaneously.
Check out how it’s done on the mobile app:
- Open Signal on your phone.
- Go to the chat that contains the messages you want to forward.
- Tap and hold outside of one message bubble.
- Select all the messages you want to forward by tapping on the empty circle next to each message.
- Tap on the arrow pointing to the right on the bottom toolbar.
- Select all the chats where you want to forward the messages.
- Modify the messages if needed.
- Tap on the “Send” button.
All the selected messages will be forwarded as soon as you tap “Send.” You can forward as many messages as you want, but it might take a couple of moments for them to go through.
How to Forward a Message From Signal to WhatsApp
Forwarding a message from Signal to WhatsApp isn’t as simple. Unfortunately, you can’t forward a message directly from that app to the other. However, you can use the copy-paste method.
These steps can help “forward” a message on the mobile app:
- Open Signal and go to the chat location with the message you want to forward.
- Long press on the message until a toolbar appears on the bottom of the screen.
- Tap on the icon of two pieces of paper in the middle of the toolbar. That’s the “Copy” option.
- Close Signal.
- Open WhatsApp and go to the chat location to send the message.
- Tap and hold on to the chat box.
- Select “Paste.”
- Go to the blue arrow on the right side of the screen to send the message.
These steps are the fastest way to forward a message from Signal to other messaging apps, and they also work on the desktop app. All you need to do is click and drag your cursor over the message you want to copy, or just double-click on it. Select “Copy” from the drop-down menu and paste it to a WhatsApp chat on the web browser.
Save Time by Forwarding Messages in Signal
Instead of having to write the same message all over again in the Signal app or use the copy-paste method, you can simply forward it. You can also forward multiple messages to more than one chat in Signal to save time. However, to deliver Signal messages to other messaging apps, you’d have to use the copy-paste method.
Have you ever forwarded a message in Signal before? Did you follow the same steps outlined in this article? Let us know in the comments section below.