How To Get a Snapchat Streak Back
One of Snapchat’s many entertainment features includes “Snapstreak.” With Snapstreak, you commit to sending someone at least one photo or video snap within 24-hours every day. The aim is to achieve the highest streak score by keeping up the daily exchange.
Although Snapchat reminds you if your streak is about to expire (when no snaps have been sent in 24-hours), a broken streak can’t always be helped. If this has happened to you, read on to find out how to restore your streak.
In addition to getting your Snapstreak back, our FAQs cover how to keep a streak going and what the streak score for the longest streak so far is.
How to Get a Streak Back in Snapchat
Sometimes the reason for a Snapstreak ending is out of one’s control.
If you believe you have followed the Snapstreak rules and that your streak has expired in error, do the following from your Snap account to start the recovery process:
- Open Snapchat and sign in to your account.
- Tap “Settings.”
- Towards the bottom, go to the “Supports” section.
- Tap “I Need Help,” then “Snapstreaks.”
- From the “What if my Snapstreak has gone?” option, choose “Let us know.”
- Select “My Snapstreaks disappeared.”
- Fill in the form, including as much information as possible.
- Hit “Send” to submit your form.
If the hourglass emoji was displayed before your streak ended, it’s likely Snapchat won’t be able to help. However, you can strengthen your case to recover it in the “What information should we know” section of the form.
Or from Snapchats support page:
- Go to Snapchat Support.
- Select “Contact Us.”
- Beneath the “How can we help section,” choose “My Snapstreaks have disappeared.”
- Fill in the form, including as many details as possible.
- Tap “Send” to submit.
If the hourglass emoji was shown before your streak ended, Snapchat might not be able to help. You can support your case for recovery in the “What information should we know” section of the form.
How Do Streaks Work?
A Snapstreak is formed when you and your friend exchange direct snaps (not chat) within 24 hours for more than three consecutive days. Once certain streak thresholds are crossed, you’ll be awarded these unique emojis:
- The fire emoji: This sign will appear after the three-day mark to confirm you’re on a Snapstreak.
- The 100 emoji: This sign appears once you’ve been on a Snapstreak for 100 consecutive days.
- The mountain emoji: There is a mystery to this award since Snapchat has not confirmed its threshold to receive it. Snapchatters have claimed they’ve seen it at some point during an exceptionally long streak.
All emojis are displayed next to the name of your Snapstreak partner, with the total number of streak days. If you miss a day, it will reset to zero.
You will continue to see different emojis throughout your Snapstreak. One to keep an eye out for is the hourglass emoji, indicating that your Snapstreak is about to expire. If you wish to continue, send a snap to your friend or get them to send one to you.
What Will Not Count Towards Your Snapstreak
The following five types of interactions will not count towards your Snapstreak:
- Chatting: Text-based chat between you and your Snapstreak partner will not count towards your streak.
- Group chats: Snapchat will not include snaps set to a group chat towards your Snapstreak. Snaps must be sent on an individual basis.
- Stories: Daily story recordings will not count towards your Snapstreak, even if your friend watches the story.
- Spectacles: If you use Snapchat Spectacles to send content to your streak friend, it will not increase the Snapstreak.
- Memories: Sharing memories with your streak friend will not be considered a Snapstreak interaction.
To keep your Snapstreak going, keep things simple. Send photo or video content to each other only.
Is There a Snapchat Support Number That I Can Call?
Unfortunately, Snapchat does not have a support phone number. For answers to questions and fault resolution, you’ll need to contact them via their “Contact Us” webpage.
Keeping Your Snap Streaks Going
The Snapstreaking feature not only keeps you engaged on the platform but it’s also likely to bring out your competitive side. The platform helps with a numbered streak display and reminders when a snap has not been sent within 24-hours. In case you’re wondering how you stack up, check out who currently holds the record for the longest Snapchat streak.
Though you and your partner may be on you’re A-game, problems out of your control, such as connectivity issues, can crop up and may result in Snapchat ending your streak.
Luckily, in a missed snap scenario, where neither party was at fault, you can ask Snapchat to restore your streak and continue wherever you left off.