How To Get a Snapchat Streak Back
One of Snapchat’s many entertainment features includes “Snapstreak.” With Snapstreak, you commit to sending someone at least one photo or video snap within 24 hours every day. The aim is to achieve the highest streak score by keeping up the daily exchange.
Snapchat does send its users an alert when they’re about to lose their streak (close to the 24-hour mark). But sometimes, it isn’t possible to maintain your streak. If this has happened to you, read on to find out how to restore your streak.
In addition to getting your Snapstreak back, our FAQs cover more answers to your questions about Snapstreaks.
Things To Know
Before going through the recovery process, let’s first ensure that you have a valid claim.
Keeping a Snapstreak going takes two individuals working together every day to send Snaps. Here are the things you need to do to keep a Snapstreak going:
- Send a snap to your friend at least one time in 24 hours – A message, picture, or video from Memories will not count.
- Receive and open a snap from that same friend within that same 24-hour timeframe.
- Send and receive Snaps from the same individual – A group message won’t count.
Assuming you’ve followed the rules and you still lost your Snapstreak, you can get it back following the steps above.
Note: If your Snapchat app was recently updated or you’ve noticed Snaps aren’t showing as read (or some other glitch), take screenshots and store them in your phone’s Gallery.
How to Get a Streak Back in Snapchat
Sometimes the reason for a Snapstreak ending is out of one’s control.
If you believe you have followed the Snapstreak rules and that your streak has expired in error, do the following from your Snap account to start the recovery process:
- Open Snapchat and sign in to your account.
- Tap Settings.
- Towards the bottom, go to the Supports section.
- Tap I Need Help, then Snapstreaks.
- From the What if my Snapstreak has gone? option, choose Let us know.
- Select My Snapstreaks disappeared.
- Fill in the form; include as much information as possible.
- Hit Send to submit your form.
If the hourglass emoji was displayed before your streak ended, it’s likely Snapchat won’t be able to help. However, you can strengthen your case to recover it in the What information should we know section of the form.
Or from Snapchats support page:
- Go to Snapchat Support.
- Select Contact Us.
- Beneath the How can we help section, choose My Snapstreaks have disappeared.
- Fill in the form, including as many details as possible.
- Tap Send to submit.
If you saw the hourglass emoji before your streak ended, Snapchat might not be able to help. You can support your case for recovery in the What information should we know section of the form.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you’re new to Snapchat or want to learn more about Snapstreaks, keep reading.
How do Streaks work?
A Snapstreak forms when you and your friend exchange direct snaps (not chat) within 24 hours for more than three consecutive days. Once certain streak thresholds are crossed, you’ll be awarded these unique emojis:
The fire emoji: This sign will appear after the three-day mark to confirm you’re on a Snapstreak.
The 100 emoji: This sign appears once you’ve been on a Snapstreak for 100 consecutive days.
The mountain emoji: There is a mystery to this award since Snapchat has not confirmed its threshold to receive it.
Snapchatters have claimed they’ve seen it at some point during an exceptionally long streak.
All emojis are displayed next to the name of your Snapstreak partner, with the total number of streak days. If you miss a day, it will reset to zero.
You will continue to see different emojis throughout your Snapstreak. One to keep an eye out for is the hourglass emoji, indicating that your Snapstreak is about to expire. If you wish to continue, send a snap to your friend or get them to send one to you.
What doesn’t count toward a Snapstreak?
The following five types of interactions will not count towards your Snapstreak:
– Chatting: Text-based chat between you and your Snapstreak partner will not count towards your streak.
– Group chats: Snapchat will not include snaps set to a group chat towards your Snapstreak. Snaps must be sent on an individual basis.
– Stories: Daily story recordings will not count towards your Snapstreak, even if your friend watches the story.
– Spectacles: If you use Snapchat Spectacles to send content to your streak friend, it will not increase the Snapstreak.
– Memories: Sharing memories with your streak friend will not be considered a Snapstreak interaction.
To keep your Snapstreak going, keep things simple. Send photo or video content to each other only.
Is there a Snapchat support number that I can call?
Unfortunately, Snapchat does not have a support phone number. For answers to questions and fault resolution, you’ll need to contact them via their “Contact Us” webpage.
Will Snapchat Support help me get my Snapstreak back?
It all depends on the reason you lost your Snapstreak and whether or not your claim is justified. However, there are plenty of users who recovered their Snapstreak by following the steps above. If you unjustly lost your Snapstreak, it’s highly likely that the company will return your Snapstreak.
Should I tell Snapchat that I did see the hourglass timer?
This is a common question, and based on what we’ve seen, it’s best to be honest with the company when filling out the questionnaire. For example, if you see the hourglass icon but you can’t respond with a Snap because you have no cellphone service or there’s an issue with the app, be sure to let Snapchat know.
Keeping Your Snap Streaks Going
The Snapstreaking feature not only keeps you engaged on the platform, but it’s also likely to bring out your competitive side. The platform helps with a numbered streak display and reminders when a snap has not been sent within 24 hours. If you’re wondering how you stack up, check out who currently holds the record for the longest Snapchat streak.
Though you and your partner may be on your A-game, problems out of your control, such as connectivity issues, can crop up and may result in Snapchat ending your streak.
Luckily, in a missed snap scenario, where neither party was at fault, you can ask Snapchat to restore your streak and continue wherever you left off.