How to delete your Tinder account in three simple steps
But how do you do that? Contrary to popular belief, holding down the app until it jiggles and clicking the little “x” icon doesn’t actually get rid of Tinder. Deleting your account completely and giving the app a wave goodbye for good is what you should be doing.
Whether you’re fed up of the gamification of dating, feel like Tinder just isn’t the best place to find The One – considering it almost gave hackers access to all your saucy chats – or you’re all loved up and no longer have a need for it, here is how to delete your Tinder account in three simple steps.
How to delete your Tinder account
- Open Tinder and tap on ‘Settings’.
- Select ‘App Settings’ and scroll down all the way to the bottom.
- Tap ‘Delete Account’.
How to cancel Tinder Plus or Tinder Gold
To all those ex serial Tinder obsessives – yes, we assume you’ve gotten rid of it now – follow these steps to cancel Tinder Plus or Tinder Gold, since deleting your account will not automatically unsubscribe you from Tinder’s premium services.
How to cancel Tinder Plus or Tinder Gold on iOS
- Open the App Store app and scroll to the bottom.
- Tap on your Apple ID and select ‘View Apple ID’.
- Sign in to your Apple ID account.
- Scroll down and tap ‘Subscriptions’.
- Select your Tinder subscription and select ‘Unsubscribe’.
How to cancel Tinder Plus or Tinder Gold on Android
- Open the Google Play Store app.
- Tap Menu > My Apps > Subscriptions.
- Tap on Tinder to cancel your Tinder Plus subscription.